Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Hi,

I have all docs = 'Met' since 2nd June, 2009. I just logged into DIAC link where i uploaded all docs for my online application [not the link to check the stauts of your app]. The last document was uploaded with description 'Security Referral Application Form' on 5th June and document type = 'SRAF'.

I did not uploaded it and its a PDF file. Form 80 was already uploaded by me and is showing in the list as well. Can some one please let me know what is this form all about?

Also, if those who recently got their visas could check their docs and let me know if they had the same document at the bottom of the list?

Regards,
Its the Character Purticular assessment form ..... When you fill it and submit it then its saved as SRAF form with ur uploaded docs.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Gtrotter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Sounds like a far better process compared to the old manual Form 80.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh
Its the Character Purticular assessment form ..... When you fill it and submit it then its saved as SRAF form with ur uploaded docs.
ZeeAsh , bro nice to see u here again. I was trying to explain the same to Mukesam.
By the way whatz the updates @ ur end?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gtrotter
But they still asking for Form 80 as well.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

As Polly said in her post 16, it is not a replacement for Form 80. It is just an additional form which DIAC internally uses. We still have to submit Form 80 and PCC.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
As Polly said in her post 16, it is not a replacement for Form 80. It is just an additional form which DIAC internally uses. We still have to submit Form 80 and PCC.
Yeah ronan very true.....i submitted this online form even then CO asked me to upload Form 80 and they r using form 80 in their process.Today my CO contacted me for some info in form 80, i hadn't included 2 months of my unemployment which was years back , actually during that period i was in process of switching the job.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Yeah ronan very true.....i submitted this online form even then CO asked me to upload Form 80 and they r using form 80 in their process.Today my CO contacted me for some info in form 80, i hadn't included 2 months of my unemployment which was years back , actually during that period i was in process of switching the job.

I wish you a really good luck mate and hope you receive your visa soon
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
I wish you a really good luck mate and hope you receive your visa soon
Thanx buddy......wish u all the best too
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Gtrotter will become famous soon enough

My bad. Mis-understood the thread it seems. I never had Form 80/security referral appearing on my checklist it was just an e-mail request. But then again my CO does not log anything on the online system everything still says required.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

My bad. Mis-understood the thread it seems. I never had Form 80/security referral appearing on my checklist it was just an e-mail request. But then again my CO does not log anything on the online system everything still says required.

The chances are that your CO may never log anything. When I received my visa everything on my status page said "Required". I never saw the status "Met" (i used to check thrice everyday ).

It is completely at CO's discretion I believe. He may or may not log anything
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:15 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
ZeeAsh , bro nice to see u here again. I was trying to explain the same to Mukesam.
By the way whatz the updates @ ur end?
Dear Zeeash and Malikkhi,

I hope you both are right;

Whats update on your side Zee?

Secondly, if SRFA is form 80 or Char Assessment form then it raises couple of questions:
1) Why form name is changed?
2) Why some of those who have this SRFA form in their list; they have weeks with status = 'Met'; they are the only ones who did not get their Visas? Is it a co incidence?

Also, i am not sure any one of us have any official wording on this SRFA form. If any one has; please share that with us which will help all users in diffusing this confusion.

Thank You all again,

Regards,
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Dear Zeeash and Malikkhi,

I hope you both are right;

Whats update on your side Zee?

Secondly, if SRFA is form 80 or Char Assessment form then it raises couple of questions:
1) Why form name is changed?
2) Why some of those who have this SRFA form in their list; they have weeks with status = 'Met'; they are the only ones who did not get their Visas? Is it a co incidence?

Also, i am not sure any one of us have any official wording on this SRFA form. If any one has; please share that with us which will help all users in diffusing this confusion.

Thank You all again,

Regards,
Have you not read what Pollyana said? Form 80 is still form 80. The Security Referral Application Form is an internal DIAC form. Because the visa is done electronically now - not paper based like in years past - anything done to your application will show up on your status page.

Just for clarity here it is in big letters:

THE SRAF IS AN INTERNAL DIAC FORM. IT DOES NOT REPLACE FORM 80. IT IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Hey,

don't worry..I don't think it will take much time..

Tell me one thing...Did they ask you to fill form 1221 ? I mean in the document checklist did they ask to fill form 1221?

I could see form 1221 in my document checklist....but I think this is lottery .. They gonna do routine processing and this security check for me also..I hope this will not take much time...

All documents status is still 'Required'...Even medicals is outstanding...
Well this document is there for people from HR countries. So dont worry it does not mean you will have to go under check..... We all are from HR countries and have submitted form 1221
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vslamba
Well this document is there for people from HR countries. So dont worry it does not mean you will have to go under check..... We all are from HR countries and have submitted form 1221
But man my CO replied me that it will be at least five or six months before he will be in a position to make any decision.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:58 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vslamba
By the way, I did not submit form 1221, got visa without it and I am from HR.