Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Dear Pollyana,

Can you please provide me link/URL where you got this information? Any official word or you have seen applicants in this scenerio before?

Regards,
In the days before everything became open with online access, DIAC carried out checks like this without anyone even knowing about it. The fact that people can now access their application online is leading to so many people fretting needlessly about things like this that I honestly wish DIAC would withdraw the facility.

Malikkh did not say that HE/SHE had filled in the form, merely that it had been filled in. DIAC will not ask you to do your own security check, it is an internal process between government departments in different countries. You will submit pcc and Form 80, they will carry out the Security check.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

mehrafarin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

I'm in the same boat. For me the files were attached to my application 2 months after a CO was assigned to my application.
I've heard these are Random Security Checks which could take upto 6 months.
The upside of this situation is that now that I know about the fact that my case officer has sent my application for security checks 5 weeks ago I won't check my online status page as often.. haha!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:31 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Man have chill pill
I would love to but I can't.

I owe you a dinner if its not a security check because I am so close and don't want any further delays. Although, I am not in a rush to go to Aus untill later this year but its better to have PR ASAP.

Pollyana,

Where are you? There are users who are contradicting you man? Come on.....
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mehrafarin
I'm in the same boat. For me the files were attached to my application 2 months after a CO was assigned to my application.
I've heard these are Random Security Checks which could take upto 6 months.
The upside of this situation is that now that I know about the fact that my case officer has sent my application for security checks 5 weeks ago I won't check my online status page as often.. haha!
Here comes another one!!!!
So sad for you as well but welcome to club of 'Secured Applicants' .
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

I did not filled this 'SRAF' document. If I have not filled it, how come it is uploaded in to my file?
DIAC uploaded it to your file! It's not just you who has to complete certain steps to get the visa.

DIAC also have to complete certain processes. The SRAF is filled in by DIAC and then put into your file. As the file is computerised you can see that the document is in there.

If you have nothing to hide then the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation will confirm you are not a terrorist and all will be well and you'll get the visa.

There is really nothing you can do about this process.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
In the days before everything became open with online access, DIAC carried out checks like this without anyone even knowing about it. The fact that people can now access their application online is leading to so many people fretting needlessly about things like this that I honestly wish DIAC would withdraw the facility.

Malikkh did not say that HE/SHE had filled in the form, merely that it had been filled in. DIAC will not ask you to do your own security check, it is an internal process between government departments in different countries. You will submit pcc and Form 80, they will carry out the Security check.

Sorry mate,

check this out from Malikkhi's reply:

"Well once the online "Security Referral Application Form" is completed and submitted ,the it becomes the part of of your uploaded attached documents.
Though both are same(i also submitted the referral form) even CO asked me the form 80 as well."

So, he said that he submitted referral form. You are saying that its internal form. There must be some one wrong here. Either you or MalikKhi.

Also, you did not tell me where you got information about 'SRAF' document? Its not your obligation but it would be nice if you could share us that link? Please don't mind if I am too demanding.....

Regards,
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to but I can't.

I owe you a dinner if its not a security check because I am so close and don't want any further delays. Although, I am not in a rush to go to Aus untill later this year but its better to have PR ASAP.

Pollyana,

Where are you? There are users who are contradicting you man? Come on.....
I have provided you with the answer. Confidential security checks are carried out by DIAC. The forms and results are not shared with applicants. Standard procedure for security checks.

I don't inten d to spend my evening discussing something when the answer has already been provided. I am busy working and I also do not respond to posters who address me as "man".
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
DIAC uploaded it to your file! It's not just you who has to complete certain steps to get the visa.

DIAC also have to complete certain processes. The SRAF is filled in by DIAC and then put into your file. As the file is computerised you can see that the document is in there.

If you have nothing to hide then the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation will confirm you are not a terrorist and all will be well and you'll get the visa.

There is really nothing you can do about this process.
It is not clear what this SRAF form is all about as there are contradictions coming up, i wil wait for some more input from other members.

Secondly, you are right, we can't do much about it. May be I am over depressed and worried. May be its night job that is killing me. Actually, I came back from my office, had a long night shift and checked my online status but there was no change. Just thought of uploading another Tax document that was provided to me by my Organization yesterday but when I saw this 'SRAF' document i thought of contacting my first and last help line i.e; BE.

Although, there are other users coming up who have this SRAF document in their file and are waiting for months after everything = 'met' but one could imagine that I would be depressed as Visas are allocated here and there by DIAC and I am put to a process which could cause indefinite delay.

May be I need a good 8 hours of sleep. See you later....
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:56 am
Banned

I have provided you with the answer. Confidential security checks are carried out by DIAC. The forms and results are not shared with applicants. Standard procedure for security checks.

I don't inten d to spend my evening discussing something when the answer has already been provided. I am busy working and I also do not respond to posters who address me as "man".
Sorry about that 'Man' thing.

Thank you for you input and time. Really appreciate.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:19 am
Banned

So the form name was 'Security Referal Application Form'. Just going through DIAC's website I found this:

The Security Referral Service (SRS) allows processing to happen electronically between the department and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation. It is world leading technology and places Australian border security as being among the very best in the world.

When it is fully rolled out, SRS will:

reduce manual data entry and improve data accuracy
provide an opportunity to speed up the process of national security checks in some cases
reduce the need for slower, less accurate information transmission and
introduce guaranteed delivery acknowledgement and a unique identifier for each check.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

So the form name was 'Security Referal Application Form'. Just going through DIAC's website I found this:

The Security Referral Service (SRS) allows processing to happen electronically between the department and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation. It is world leading technology and places Australian border security as being among the very best in the world.

When it is fully rolled out, SRS will:

reduce manual data entry and improve data accuracy
provide an opportunity to speed up the process of national security checks in some cases
reduce the need for slower, less accurate information transmission and
introduce guaranteed delivery acknowledgement and a unique identifier for each check.
Man check this threads
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...29&postcount=3
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:59 am
Banned

Thank You so much for taking interest in my issue, I really appreciate your help.

I have checked your provided link but it was a discussion of form 80, online char assessment form and what's next after that. I have already uploaded form 80 and submitted online char assessment form in last week fo May. May be there is some thing in your provided link that I missed/overlooked. Can you please pin point that ?

Regards,
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Thank You so much for taking interest in my issue, I really appreciate your help.

I have checked your provided link but it was a discussion of form 80, online char assessment form and what's next after that. I have already uploaded form 80 and submitted online char assessment form in last week fo May. May be there is some thing in your provided link that I missed/overlooked. Can you please pin point that ?

Regards,
This SRAF thing only appears when i filled up the "online character assessment form". This also reported by some other members as well. So SRAF is just a normal thing nothing to worry.........again i will say stay kool and chill.....
all the best
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:11 am
Banned

This SRAF thing only appears when i filled up the "online character assessment form". This also reported by some other members as well. So SRAF is just a normal thing nothing to worry.........again i will say stay kool and chill.....
all the best
I hope you are right.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Its just a standard check performed by DIAC on applicants from certain countries. If you have nothing to hide, you have nithing to worry about.

Just out of curiosity, Is there any list of such countries?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.