Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:01 am
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 340
Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Hi,

I have all docs = 'Met' since 2nd June, 2009. I just logged into DIAC link where i uploaded all docs for my online application [not the link to check the stauts of your app]. The last document was uploaded with description 'Security Referral Application Form' on 5th June and document type = 'SRAF'.

I did not uploaded it and its a PDF file. Form 80 was already uploaded by me and is showing in the list as well. Can some one please let me know what is this form all about?

Also, if those who recently got their visas could check their docs and let me know if they had the same document at the bottom of the list?

Regards,
Mukesam is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:17 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
mala's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 350
mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

sorry buddy.. unable to check for granted ones :

The following errors have been encountered:

* You cannot attach documents or files as your application has been decided. Please use the 'Query the Status of your application' link to check the status of your application.
mala is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:18 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,289
ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Mukesam View Post
The last document was uploaded with description 'Security Referral Application Form' on 5th June and document type = 'SRAF'.

Can some one please let me know what is this form all about?
It's an inter-departmental form. DIAC are checking with the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation that you are not a terrorist.

This applies to people from certain countries.
ozhappy981 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:22 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
mala's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 350
mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

OMG...

Originally Posted by ozhappy981 View Post
It's an inter-departmental form. DIAC are checking with the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation that you are not a terrorist.

This applies to people from certain countries.
mala is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:24 am
  #5  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,326
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by mala View Post
OMG...
Its just a standard check performed by DIAC on applicants from certain countries. If you have nothing to hide, you have nithing to worry about.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:30 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
mala's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 350
mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

there u go
mala is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:39 am
  #7  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 340
Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Its just a standard check performed by DIAC on applicants from certain countries. If you have nothing to hide, you have nithing to worry about.
Definetly, i am not a terrorist and I have nothing to hide but it means that it could cause an indefinite delay in my app. I am depressed and feeling

I have been reading that only a few applicants are randomly picked for such processing. How unlucky I am?

My case was so straight forward that I am a single applicant and uploaded each and everything upfront and my CO never contacted me and my online status changed to 'Met'. I came so close......but now I have a perception that I am loosing it.......They say that perception is important than reality.


Its my advise to all those who have status = 'Met' to check if the too have this form at the bottom of their uploaded docs.

Best of luck to all.
Mukesam is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:44 am
  #8  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Hey,

don't worry..I don't think it will take much time..

Tell me one thing...Did they ask you to fill form 1221 ? I mean in the document checklist did they ask to fill form 1221?

I could see form 1221 in my document checklist....but I think this is lottery .. They gonna do routine processing and this security check for me also..I hope this will not take much time...

All documents status is still 'Required'...Even medicals is outstanding...

Originally Posted by Mukesam View Post
Definetly, i am not a terrorist and I have nothing to hide but it means that it could cause an indefinite delay in my app. I am depressed and feeling

I have been reading that only a few applicants are randomly picked for such processing. How unlucky I am?

My case was so straight forward that I am a single applicant and uploaded each and everything upfront and my CO never contacted me and my online status changed to 'Met'. I came so close......but now I have a perception that I am loosing it.......They say that perception is important than reality.


Its my advise to all those who have status = 'Met' to check if the too have this form at the bottom of their uploaded docs.

Best of luck to all.
aman_sharma2k1 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:49 am
  #9  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 340
Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1 View Post
Hey,

don't worry..I don't think it will take much time..

Tell me one thing...Did they ask you to fill form 1221 ? I mean in the document checklist did they ask to fill form 1221?

I could see form 1221 in my document checklist....but I think this is lottery .. They gonna do routine processing and this security check for me also..I hope this will not take much time...

All documents status is still 'Required'...Even medicals is outstanding...
I hope you are right.

As far as 1221 form is concerned; No, they did not ask me for 1221 form. I uploaded form 80 upfront and then I think in last week of May they offered me 'Online Character Assessment form' and I filled and submitted that as well.

I did not get details of "Security Referral Application Form" on DIAC website or on any other website/forum. Although name is a bit self explanatory but wanted to know the details of this form but....
Mukesam is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:59 am
  #10  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,326
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Mukesam View Post
I hope you are right.

As far as 1221 form is concerned; No, they did not ask me for 1221 form. I uploaded form 80 upfront and then I think in last week of May they offered me 'Online Character Assessment form' and I filled and submitted that as well.

I did not get details of "Security Referral Application Form" on DIAC website or on any other website/forum. Although name is a bit self explanatory but wanted to know the details of this form but....
Its an internal form sent from DIAC to the country in which this want the check to be done. Applicants don't need to know what is on the form.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:04 am
  #11  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 340
Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Its an internal form sent from DIAC to the country in which this want the check to be done. Applicants don't need to know what is on the form.
Dear Pollyana,

Can you please provide me link/URL where you got this information? Any official word or you have seen applicants in this scenerio before?

Regards,
Mukesam is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:16 am
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
Malikkhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 438
Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Mukesam View Post
Hi,

I have all docs = 'Met' since 2nd June, 2009. I just logged into DIAC link where i uploaded all docs for my online application [not the link to check the stauts of your app]. The last document was uploaded with description 'Security Referral Application Form' on 5th June and document type = 'SRAF'.

I did not uploaded it and its a PDF file. Form 80 was already uploaded by me and is showing in the list as well. Can some one please let me know what is this form all about?

Also, if those who recently got their visas could check their docs and let me know if they had the same document at the bottom of the list?

Regards,
Well once the online "Security Referral Application Form" is completed and submitted ,the it becomes the part of of your uploaded attached documents.
Though both are same(i also submitted the referral form) even CO asked me the form 80 as well.
Malikkhi is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:24 am
  #13  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 340
Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Malikkhi View Post
Well once the online "Security Referral Application Form" is completed and submitted ,the it becomes the part of of your uploaded attached documents.
Though both are same(i also submitted the referral form) even CO asked me the form 80 as well.
Dear Malikkhi,

I did not filled this 'SRAF' document. If I have not filled it, how come it is uploaded in to my file?

Moderator is saying this form is not presented to user and this is only for internal use of DIAC and you are stating that you were presented with this form and you filled it?

Contradictions.........Confusions........

Just got a reply from Malikkhi in a private message and he has mentioned that 'online char assessment form' turns into 'SRAF' document automatically and is attached to your file.

So, here is another twist to this story............

Regards,

Last edited by Mukesam; Jul 9th 2009 at 7:26 am. Reason: Added PM details
Mukesam is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:25 am
  #14  
BE Enthusiast
 
Malikkhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 438
Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by ozhappy981 View Post
It's an inter-departmental form. DIAC are checking with the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation that you are not a terrorist.

This applies to people from certain countries.
Very impressive........I think DIAC informed u all about this what a piece of disinformation.
Malikkhi is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:27 am
  #15  
BE Enthusiast
 
Malikkhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 438
Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: Security Referral Application Form. What is this? I did not upload this.

Originally Posted by Mukesam View Post
Definetly, i am not a terrorist and I have nothing to hide but it means that it could cause an indefinite delay in my app. I am depressed and feeling

I have been reading that only a few applicants are randomly picked for such processing. How unlucky I am?

My case was so straight forward that I am a single applicant and uploaded each and everything upfront and my CO never contacted me and my online status changed to 'Met'. I came so close......but now I have a perception that I am loosing it.......They say that perception is important than reality.


Its my advise to all those who have status = 'Met' to check if the too have this form at the bottom of their uploaded docs.

Best of luck to all.
Man have some chill pill u r not the only one waiting.......don't loose the hope and be positive
All the best
Malikkhi is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.