Second WHV

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:58 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 36
Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Second WHV

Anyone ever got one? If so can you tell me what kind of work you did to acheive it?

I worked on a farm for about 3 months, it was a friend of my uncle's and I worked for free in exchange for digs and food. Would this count? Of course he could vouch for me actually working... I was treated like other employees.

If I would qualify this way, what would I need to provide?
Chimmel is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:08 am
  #2  
Im here to help :)
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
Posts: 272
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Second WHV

Originally Posted by Chimmel View Post
Anyone ever got one? If so can you tell me what kind of work you did to acheive it?

I worked on a farm for about 3 months, it was a friend of my uncle's and I worked for free in exchange for digs and food. Would this count? Of course he could vouch for me actually working... I was treated like other employees.

If I would qualify this way, what would I need to provide?
Hi, I think you need to work for 6 months ? Dont quote me on that, but your best to look @ the Australian Embassy in London website for full details as you may not be entitled to another year, I know its been changed that if you do 3-6 months seasonal work in oz it can be extended for a year, but dont know if you are entitled as you have come back - I assume. You are best to email Immigration
jutang is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:19 am
  #3  
Im here to help :)
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
Posts: 272
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Second WHV

Originally Posted by Chimmel View Post
Anyone ever got one? If so can you tell me what kind of work you did to acheive it?

I worked on a farm for about 3 months, it was a friend of my uncle's and I worked for free in exchange for digs and food. Would this count? Of course he could vouch for me actually working... I was treated like other employees.

If I would qualify this way, what would I need to provide?
P.s just found this on the immi website :-

To be eligible for a second Working Holiday visa, applicants must complete at least three months of seasonal work in regional Australia. For a list of postcodes classified as regional Australia.
See: Regional Australia Postcode List

I do not know what proof you need to provide or how to go about getting it ?? Go to :- http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/work...-australia.htm

Good luck!!
jutang is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:08 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 36
Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Second WHV

Originally Posted by jutang View Post
P.s just found this on the immi website :-

To be eligible for a second Working Holiday visa, applicants must complete at least three months of seasonal work in regional Australia. For a list of postcodes classified as regional Australia.
See: Regional Australia Postcode List

I do not know what proof you need to provide or how to go about getting it ?? Go to :- http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/work...-australia.htm

Good luck!!

Thanks for looking. I had already seen this.

The reason I asked was more that I have completed the 3 months/88 days requirement, I was in a regional area, and it says that voluntary work will be accepted... My question was more if anyone had a similar experience and could say how easy it was and what evidence I would require?

I would hate for my experience to be acceptable, but for me to be rejected due to how I presented the info.

Thanks again for looking into this for me, perhaps an email to the embassay is the best way.
Chimmel is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:13 pm
  #5  
Im here to help :)
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
Posts: 272
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Second WHV

Originally Posted by Chimmel View Post
Thanks for looking. I had already seen this.

The reason I asked was more that I have completed the 3 months/88 days requirement, I was in a regional area, and it says that voluntary work will be accepted... My question was more if anyone had a similar experience and could say how easy it was and what evidence I would require?

I would hate for my experience to be acceptable, but for me to be rejected due to how I presented the info.

Thanks again for looking into this for me, perhaps an email to the embassay is the best way.

No worries, I would seriously call the London office up, it costs £1 a minute, but tey are so helpful and wil give you all the info you need, just remember to take the persons name who told you the advice and date and time. Good luck!!!
Just a suggestion, but maybe you could slightly change the sub heading of your question form 2nd whv to extended whv due to seasonal work or something like that ?? Maybe you would get more replies then.
jutang is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:03 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 36
Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extending whv with seasonal work???

Originally Posted by jutang View Post
No worries, I would seriously call the London office up, it costs £1 a minute, but tey are so helpful and wil give you all the info you need, just remember to take the persons name who told you the advice and date and time. Good luck!!!
Just a suggestion, but maybe you could slightly change the sub heading of your question form 2nd whv to extended whv due to seasonal work or something like that ?? Maybe you would get more replies then.
Thanks again
Chimmel is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:53 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 36
Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extending whv with seasonal work???

Can no-one else help? No-one here been back on a 2nd visa?
Chimmel is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:30 am
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 28
Swins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Second WHV

Originally Posted by jutang View Post
No worries, I would seriously call the London office up, it costs £1 a minute, but tey are so helpful and wil give you all the info you need, just remember to take the persons name who told you the advice and date and time. Good luck!!!
Just a suggestion, but maybe you could slightly change the sub heading of your question form 2nd whv to extended whv due to seasonal work or something like that ?? Maybe you would get more replies then.
Not sure if this still works, but if you want to call them I found another number which is a normal UK number, it worked about a year ago, but no promises it will still works now. 0207 8875863. If you try let us know, if you speak to an operator who says you have to call back on the other number, try telling them you are not in the UK and cannot call that number from your current location or that premium rate calls are barred from you phone, they usually put you through (At least other places I have used this on have!)
Swins is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.