Scotland to Australia

Old Nov 14th 2021, 12:03 am
Just Joined

Jase88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scotland to Australia

Hello,

Myself and my wife have been considering
immigrating to Australia with our 3 children for a few years now and have finally decided that we are ready to make the big move.
My wife is a registered nurse and I am a refrigeration engineer to trade (Mainly air con) and also a fully qualified telecoms rigger/climber. We have spent countless hours searching the web for information regarding Visas/Jobs/Housing/Schools etc but I find there is a lot of conflicting information online and it can be quite confusing, can anyone point us In the right direction?
We are at the very start of our journey here and any help atall would be appreciatedšŸ˜ We have looked at the skills list and there seems to be a lot of demand for nurses which can only be a plus and I figure most people need A/C with the Australian heatā€¦..I hopešŸ˜‚
What experiences have other people had recently that might be of help/concern? We would like to enter on a permanent visa if possible as we want stability for our children. How did you chose a location? Work life balance is pretty essential for us as the UK can be pretty hectic and also choosing a safe place to bring up the family is essential. We would like to avoid the major cities of possible and have been looking at Perth, Adelaide as possible locations but again the information online can differ from forum to forum.

Sorry about all the questions but I figure thereā€™s no better place to find answers than from the people already living the dream ā˜€ļø

thanks

Jason