scared to press the send button !!!!

Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Angry scared to press the send button !!!!

I apologise before I begin but this is a rant !!

Why are we all so subservient with regard to contacting our CO - DIMA to ask them how they are processing our applications

I would imagine that most of the people applying for visas are intelligent professional people (otherwise because of the restrictions we wouldnt be in a position to apply) but quake at the thought of asking them a question like
have you received everything you need
can you give me any idea if i can take my families life off hold and if so when

after all we are only paying them a mere $1850 so we have no right to disturb or harrass them

And why dont we press the send button
Because we are all so scared it will go against us and h old the process up

meanwhile we lose sleep worry etc etc
All of you reading this in a public service industry just daydream about how good your life would be if people were firmly told they were not allowed to contact you !!

rant over
going now to set up my stalking position for watching out for the postman

Mary
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: scared to press the send button !!!!

Originally Posted by marysidey

Why are we all so subservient with regard to contacting our CO - DIMA to ask them how they are processing our applications

I would imagine that most of the people applying for visas are intelligent professional people (otherwise because of the restrictions we wouldnt be in a position to apply) but quake at the thought of asking them a question like

after all we are only paying them a mere $1850 so we have no right to disturb or harrass them

All of you reading this in a public service industry just daydream about how good your life would be if people were firmly told they were not allowed to contact you !!

rant over

Mary
I know what you mean. Hang on in there Mary.

Hope you hear soon

Jan
Old Oct 29th 2004, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KenJan333
I know what you mean. Hang on in there Mary.

Hope you hear soon

Jan

We contacted our agent at dimma twice.......
got replies both time. can't grumble at that

lesley (JJl family)
Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:01 am
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by marysidey

rant over

Mary
Could not agree more, but if you pay for a service, you expect to get one. Go for it.

Cheers

The TOADFISH.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:55 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

I know this is not going to cheer you up but the way I felt about the whole application process is:-

The process in its self is a test; the whole thing about how difficult it is and how many times you have to jump when they click their fingers. It makes me feel that they do this so only the most determined will stick with it till the end. If you where in goverment would you want a load of people who where a bit flakey and did not have the determination to stick something out till the end? Its like when you get the request for medicals and police clearance; you get the 2 months or so to return the forms or you'll risk having your application thrown out. When you get the form after your paperwork has been sat somewhere for months probably with not a second glance and then they have the nerve to rush you.....its just a test.

Then there is well due to the nature of their bussiness if people where allowed to phone in or write or even pop in to the office at their own free will well would this make the process go faster....er no. You would have hundreds of thousands of people bugging the crap out of them all day long then mistakes would be made and next to no work would be done.

At the end of it all too........its their game and if you don't wanna play by their rules don't play ( This isn't directed at anyone but just a simplified statment.)

I know it all may seen a bit harsh and the waiting is a killer so I feel for anyone thats going through the process but you just have to sit it out.
From my experience when I got the 1st letter and it said blah blah blah 50 weeks.....I thought well is this till they 1st look at it or is it till I get the visa?
I felt about asking them and the like straight away but I held back and after a while put the whole thing to the back of my mind. I think this is the best thing to do otherwise it will be driving you mad with stress and worry.

Just wait until the little yellow letters start poping through your door!

Hope it all goes will for you all. Good luck Gee
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:42 am
ASCO code 2211-11

Accountant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beegee
I know this is not going to cheer you up but the way I felt about the whole application process is:-

The process in its self is a test; the whole thing about how difficult it is and how many times you have to jump when they click their fingers. It makes me feel that they do this so only the most determined will stick with it till the end. If you where in goverment would you want a load of people who where a bit flakey and did not have the determination to stick something out till the end? Its like when you get the request for medicals and police clearance; you get the 2 months or so to return the forms or you'll risk having your application thrown out. When you get the form after your paperwork has been sat somewhere for months probably with not a second glance and then they have the nerve to rush you.....its just a test.

Then there is well due to the nature of their bussiness if people where allowed to phone in or write or even pop in to the office at their own free will well would this make the process go faster....er no. You would have hundreds of thousands of people bugging the crap out of them all day long then mistakes would be made and next to no work would be done.

At the end of it all too........its their game and if you don't wanna play by their rules don't play ( This isn't directed at anyone but just a simplified statment.)

I know it all may seen a bit harsh and the waiting is a killer so I feel for anyone thats going through the process but you just have to sit it out.
From my experience when I got the 1st letter and it said blah blah blah 50 weeks.....I thought well is this till they 1st look at it or is it till I get the visa?
I felt about asking them and the like straight away but I held back and after a while put the whole thing to the back of my mind. I think this is the best thing to do otherwise it will be driving you mad with stress and worry.

Good and well-weighted words. I share your point of view.
In addition, the process is really testing the will, the patience, the ability to live under uncertainty and in two worlds simultaneously. It will be necessary and even crucial for future, will it?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Beegee

Have to agree here. If we hadn't been so determined we wanted this we would have given up long ago.
But at the same time we did contact our CO if we were concerned and he was quite helpful. But they do ask you not to contact them to ask about app progress which is fair enough I guess.