Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SCANED Police Clearances & copies says FRAUD | FRAUD | FRAUD

SCANED Police Clearances & copies says FRAUD | FRAUD | FRAUD

Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:06 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Exclamation SCANED Police Clearances & copies says FRAUD | FRAUD | FRAUD

Hi All,

I just started to scan the police clearances in to the computer.

The scanned copies have "FRAUD" added to the water mark of the scanned copies!! How cool is that? From looking at the originals you cant see this word at all. Nice bit of technology to stop fraud no doubt.

But is this what I send to DIMA? I guess if I photocopy them it would do the same thing.

Can some one just confirm that this is ok? or am I going mad and seeing things? Did you guys send them of with "FRAUD" in the water mark?

Also I'm sending them as .jpg format. Is this correct?

this is the last bit I have to do then I'm done with the paperwork at last phew'

Cheers all,
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: SCANED Police Clearances & copies says FRAUD | FRAUD | FRAUD

As i understand it you MUST send the originals
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

The deans is on a distinguished road

Hi the submainman

thats just how i sent them last week.

Good luck

Paul
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:19 pm
The Northener

burno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan
Hi All,

The scanned copies have "FRAUD" added to the water mark of the scanned copies!! How cool is that? From looking at the originals you cant see this word at all. Nice bit of technology to stop fraud no doubt.

But is this what I send to DIMA? I guess if I photocopy them it would do the same thing.

Can some one just confirm that this is ok? or am I going mad and seeing things? Did you guys send them of with "FRAUD" in the water mark?

this is the last bit I have to do then I'm done with the paperwork at last phew'

Cheers all,
Mine was the same but e-mailed them off anyway and less than 2 weeks later received visa confirmation - no probs. I did not post the originals as I read they prefer e-mails direct to your case officer as its easier for them.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

marioland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John50
As i understand it you MUST send the originals
You can send scanned copies, no worries. If they want origin als, will ask for originals.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

I send a copy of mine last week and it had the same thing on it. It actually states in the applciation pack not to send originals. I had mine certified as a true copy by a solicitor just to be on the safe side.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:26 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by marioland
You can send scanned copies, no worries. If they want origin als, will ask for originals.
Hi there
I asked the same question and apparently it comes up with fraud to show that it is authentic. How strange, good though. I tried copying it, scanning and emailing and it always comes up with fraud.

Nicky
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

John50....just noticed your amazingly quick visa application. May I ask what type of visa you went for?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by freckles1970
John50....just noticed your amazingly quick visa application. May I ask what type of visa you went for?

Mine was a Spouse visa

Didnt feel very quick while i was going through it
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:06 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Smile Re: SCANED Police Clearances & copies says FRAUD | FRAUD | FRAUD

Hey, thanks all for the replies.

OK, It's back down to the shed to scan them in and send them off.

Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

apple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant futureapple3 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan
Hi All,

Cheers all,
A question:

I photocopied the my original police check and then went and lost it. I have the photocopies but have sent off for another original. Should I wait to get another original or send the photocopies?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by freckles1970
I send a copy of mine last week and it had the same thing on it. It actually states in the applciation pack not to send originals. I had mine certified as a true copy by a solicitor just to be on the safe side.
Hmmm, i sent my original police check for my 136 and have just spotted an inconsistancy!

Page 48, booklet 6 (general skilled migration) says and i quote "do not supply original documents with your applciation other than police clearances", and this is why sent original.

However, on the website proper, link below,

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-character.htm

it says to provide certified copies of police checks only.

Does anybody think it makes any difference?

Ade
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:21 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Hmmm, i sent my original police check for my 136 and have just spotted an inconsistancy!

Page 48, booklet 6 (general skilled migration) says and i quote "do not supply original documents with your applciation other than police clearances", and this is why sent original.

However, on the website proper, link below,

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-character.htm

it says to provide certified copies of police checks only.

Does anybody think it makes any difference?

Ade
nope

we supplied the originals and have our visa
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

if you look at the thread at the top of immigration forum it requests you scan and email to the address it tells you to on your acknowledgment. you dont have to get them certified. just hold on the original if they request it.

They ask NOT to send originals now.. We did this a month ago and since got CO and nothing queried..

S-j
Old Jun 5th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
if you look at the thread at the top of immigration forum it requests you scan and email to the address it tells you to on your acknowledgment. you dont have to get them certified. just hold on the original if they request it.

They ask NOT to send originals now.. We did this a month ago and since got CO and nothing queried..

S-j

cool, thats straight forward enough. Although i didnt have acknowledgment, sent PCC with main application to ASPC. And they need to change the advice given in booklet 6.

cheers

Ade S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.