Wikiposts

Same sex partner situation

Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

jimzmeys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Same sex partner situation

Hm it's a lot easier to tell me to move on when obviously I don't want too. I'm
A very educated individual and I guess it's going to require a lot of hard work to somehow get him in. It's appalling that we let in all these asylum seekers who have zero benefit to our economic well being on PPV's but the partner of an Aus citizen will be refused. TPV's were sufficient and if I ever work in immigration I'll attempt to make some big changes.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimzmeys
A very educated individual and I guess it's going to require a lot of hard work to somehow get him in. It's appalling that we let in all these asylum seekers who have zero benefit to our economic well being on PPV's but the partner of an Aus citizen will be refused. TPV's were sufficient and if I ever work in immigration I'll attempt to make some big changes.
I think you have some growing up to do. Simply because someone is the partner of an Australian citizen does not supercede the fact that they are a convicted criminal. So do you advocate letting criminals into Australia then? Or only certain criminals? And which criminals do you say yes to and which do you say no to? Who gets to decide which criminals deserve to live here? You? I'm also an Australian citizen and personally I don't want someone here who would use his vehicle to smash into someone or something and then run away.

Your partner committed a serious offence. As I said earlier, it must have been pretty serious if he was sentenced to 5 years. So, also as I said earlier, either you're going to have to live in UK if you want to be near him or as others have suggested you're gonig to have to move on with your life and get over him.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, its a shame you suffer for something he did, but he did commit a crime and must pay the price. That price includes not being able to migrate anywhere while on parole, and even then havning to meet the criteria for the country he wishes to go to - same as the rest of us. Many of us have family members or friends who have faced restrictions because of crimes they have commited, and if we suffer for their crimes, well, thats just life unfortunately.
Next - Australia, just like every other country, has the right to set its own migration rules. I do know that they are a lot more lenient on character issues than the US and Canada, especially where family are concerned, but you still need to accept those rules.
It may well be possible for him to move here in the future. There are people on the forum with prison sentences in their past who have successfully got visas, but you are looking a few years ahead. Read the link I posted above regarding character requirements, and get in touch with a registered agent and have a chat about future prospects, then you will know whether its worth aiming for..
Old Oct 7th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought a 'very educated individual' would be far more aware of what a serious crime their partner has committed, and why many countries would not want them. Five years is a long time. They do not lock people up for that long for small things!

Personally no matter how much I loved someone, I could NEVER respect them if they had committed that crime, which would be the end of the relationship.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:01 am
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Personally no matter how much I loved someone, I could NEVER respect them if they had committed that crime, which would be the end of the relationship.
I think that's a bit harsh. One act like that doesn't make a person a bad one. Naive and stupid maybe.
But I do agree that if we trust our partners or family not to reoffend, we can't expect another country or government to do so.
If I was in that situation, I would go to Australia and wait for my partner. If my relationship was strong enough it would last the length of time. If not, then I would move on.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm tricky one....and no real right/wrong answers. One of those questions I personally think you can only answer when you've been in the situation - and know all the background..........
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:07 am
Just Joined

jimzmeys is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's complete idiocy to undermine my credibility or academic achievements merely based on my feelings for my boyfriend. Nevertheless I'll wait for him to get out of prison and submit an application repeatedly in effort that they give in (so long as there are no really hefty fees). He regrets what his done and turned himself in even the family described themselves as 'shocked' at the sentence duration, however unfortunately doesn't justify means to an end. Thanks all for the advice I shall pursue migration advice in the nearer future!

Last edited by jimzmeys; Oct 7th 2011 at 2:09 am.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's complete idiocy to undermine my credibility or academic achievements merely based on my feelings for my boyfriend.
What do you mean?

This is nothing to do with you, this is about your boyfriends criminal record.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 10:01 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
What do you mean?

This is nothing to do with you, this is about your boyfriends criminal record.
The poster is referring to comments made by the below poster

I would have thought a 'very educated individual' would be far more aware of what a serious crime their partner has committed, and why many countries would not want them. Five years is a long time. They do not lock people up for that long for small things!

Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Nevertheless I'll wait for him to get out of prison and submit an application repeatedly in effort that they give in (so long as there are no really hefty fees).
So what, you think that applications are free? It's $1995 each time you apply. Plus the costs of his medicals and police clearances. No refunds if unsuccessful. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/partner.htm
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's complete idiocy to undermine my credibility or academic achievements merely based on my feelings for my boyfriend. Nevertheless I'll wait for him to get out of prison and submit an application repeatedly in effort that they give in (so long as there are no really hefty fees). He regrets what his done and turned himself in even the family described themselves as 'shocked' at the sentence duration, however unfortunately doesn't justify means to an end. Thanks all for the advice I shall pursue migration advice in the nearer future!
I wouldn't bother him applying for at least 5 years after he's been released. He'll get nowhere as long as he's on Parole or has a Probation Officer. He'll have to have a good few years of excellent behaviour under his belt before he'll get any consideration regardless of what the victim's family think. DIAC will look at his crime, at the sentence laid down by the Judicial system.

No one's saying you're stupid or undermining your education/qualifications. What they mean is that you're being remarkably ignorant/innocent/immature in terms of immigration rules and requirements. Just because you're an intelligent Australian means absolutely nothing to DIAC in regards your boyfriend. You're not applying, he is. You're sponsoring, in this respect, your qualifications, history etc are kind of irrelevant (in DIACs eyes anyway). There have to be rules and not one rule for one and one rule for someone else.

When it does become time to consider applying, he will be well advised to hire a highly reputable MARA registered agent, like George Lombard who would be able to present your application in the most favourable light possible. If he does it himself, there's a far greater chance of failure.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

I have read this thread with great interest. Many years ago my friend was hit in a hit and run. i, with several other friends, were with him and watched him thrown high into the air and land, like a rag doll. he began to fit and we all thought he was going to die. he ended up with several broken limbs and fortunately survived.

The vision of this remains with me, even after 20 years. the driver had no regard for my firends life. How do i know this. He failed to stop. your boyfriends action, could and may still, (trauma can lead to long term mental illness), bring devastation on the victims and its familiys life. My friend has diifculties, which i wont go into, as a direct result of the injuries sustained.

im sure its unintentional, but your threads come accross as if your partner has been locked up unfairly for stealing a packet of sweets bit more serious than that

By the way, the way you referred to asylum seekers, Thats an insult!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wattsbug

By the way, the way you referred to asylum seekers, Thats an insult!
I don't think its an insult, these asylum seekers/Terrorists arrive in my country illegally and are at the cost of the taxpayer clothed, fed, medically treated, given phone cards & cigarettes and yet they burn down the Villawood immigration centre and create home made bombs to injure members of the emergency services.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:07 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I don't think its an insult, these asylum seekers/Terrorists arrive in my country illegally and are at the cost of the taxpayer clothed, fed, medically treated, given phone cards & cigarettes and yet they burn down the Villawood immigration centre and create home made bombs to injure members of the emergency services.
How can anyone compare a convicted criminal with an asylum seeker who has fled their own country and has sought legal help in a country which offers legal aid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.