Wikiposts

Rsms Question !!!!

Old Nov 19th 2005, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice
Default Rsms Question !!!!

Do you have to have a recognised occupation from any list to be able to be sponsored under a RSMS visa ???

If anyone can shed any light on this matter i would be most grateful

Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2005, 3:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rsms Question !!!!

Originally Posted by majortom
Do you have to have a recognised occupation from any list to be able to be sponsored under a RSMS visa ???

If anyone can shed any light on this matter i would be most grateful

Thanks

There is no specific "list" for RSMS. However the general rule is that the occupation must be one which requires a diploma, degree, or trade certificate. This covers professional, managerial, associate professional and tradesman occupations.

Only in exceptional cases will DIMIA accept jobs at semi-skilled/clerical level, or cases where the applicant does not have the required qualifications for the job.

Note that for RSMS, a Regional Certifying Body must ok the application. They may have their own policies.

ENS is an employer sponsored alternative that does not require regional certification, however there is a specific occupations list for ENS.

That's about as meaningful a reply as you will get in general. You should download and read migration booklet 5 which explains ENS and RSMS.

Have you got a specific occupation in mind?

Jeremy
Old Nov 19th 2005, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is no specific "list" for RSMS. However the general rule is that the occupation must be one which requires a diploma, degree, or trade certificate. This covers professional, managerial, associate professional and tradesman occupations.

Only in exceptional cases will DIMIA accept jobs at semi-skilled/clerical level, or cases where the applicant does not have the required qualifications for the job.

Note that for RSMS, a Regional Certifying Body must ok the application. They may have their own policies.

ENS is an employer sponsored alternative that does not require regional certification, however there is a specific occupations list for ENS.

That's about as meaningful a reply as you will get in general. You should download and read migration booklet 5 which explains ENS and RSMS.

Have you got a specific occupation in mind?

Jeremy
My wife has been excepted for employment in Adelaide (contracts signed) but we are having trouble with the RCB.
My wife has a 2 year diploma (NNEB) and has 10 years experience in the child care field since she got her diploma.
Our agent in Adelaide told us that he has managed to get my wife's diploma assessed as the equivalent of a Australian diploma (with help from the Department of Education and Children's services).
My wife's role in Australia would be as a Level 5 team leader in a children's centre.
But it seems that the RCB has now moved the goalposts and are asking that the nomination be that of a Child Care coordinator.
The good news for us is that the Department of Education and Children's services are willing to give my wife a supporting letter to satisfy the RCB.

And i thought that the RSMS was an easy route !!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by majortom
My wife has been excepted for employment in Adelaide (contracts signed) but we are having trouble with the RCB.
My wife has a 2 year diploma (NNEB) and has 10 years experience in the child care field since she got her diploma.
Our agent in Adelaide told us that he has managed to get my wife's diploma assessed as the equivalent of a Australian diploma (with help from the Department of Education and Children's services).
My wife's role in Australia would be as a Level 5 team leader in a children's centre.
But it seems that the RCB has now moved the goalposts and are asking that the nomination be that of a Child Care coordinator.
The good news for us is that the Department of Education and Children's services are willing to give my wife a supporting letter to satisfy the RCB.

And i thought that the RSMS was an easy route !!!!!

You may want to retain the services of a migration agent familiar with the processing culture of the South Australia RCB. I think Libby Hogarth is in Adelaide and she might be able to help, you could find her details at http://www.themara.com.au

RSMS is not always an easier option. If the job is on the ENS SOL, and she can meet the requirements for a skill assessment, then ENS may be a better option. Get professional assistance.

Jeremy