RSMS Query- URGENT

Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

shzk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RSMS Query- URGENT

Hello Everyone,

I am a Medical Practitioner, planning to start working as a GP in a regional area in Victoria. I have an employer who is happy to sponsor me for RSMS. Cureently I am working in a hospital on a 457.

I have a couple of questions and will really appreciate if someone can help me with these:
1. I have been in the USA, UK and India in the last 10 years. I would need a police clearance for all these three places. Concern remains is it up to 4 months for FBI(US clearance), 4- 6 weeks for Indian police clearance and UK only takes 1 days. Does this mean that i will have to wait for these to come back before i submit my application?
2. I left USA in 2001, is there any way i can ignore my police clearance from the USA?
3. If in case there is a delay with my documentation preparation for RSMS, can i apply for a 457, currently on 457 just need to change nomination? Can i have 2 application lodged one after the other? as in 457 for now and then RSMS.
4. my IELTS results expire in August. Does it mean i am ok with my current IELTS if i file my RSMS just before August?
5. How long does it take for RSMS to get approved?
6. My wife is good with English. Works as into Financial services and has certificate 1v in financial services from TAFE.Will she need to sit her IELTS?

I would really appreciate response to this thread.

Kind Regards

SHZ
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:34 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Re: RSMS Query- URGENT

Originally Posted by shzk View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am a Medical Practitioner, planning to start working as a GP in a regional area in Victoria. I have an employer who is happy to sponsor me for RSMS. Cureently I am working in a hospital on a 457.

I have a couple of questions and will really appreciate if someone can help me with these:
1. I have been in the USA, UK and India in the last 10 years. I would need a police clearance for all these three places. Concern remains is it up to 4 months for FBI(US clearance), 4- 6 weeks for Indian police clearance and UK only takes 1 days. Does this mean that i will have to wait for these to come back before i submit my application?
2. I left USA in 2001, is there any way i can ignore my police clearance from the USA?
3. If in case there is a delay with my documentation preparation for RSMS, can i apply for a 457, currently on 457 just need to change nomination? Can i have 2 application lodged one after the other? as in 457 for now and then RSMS.
4. my IELTS results expire in August. Does it mean i am ok with my current IELTS if i file my RSMS just before August?
5. How long does it take for RSMS to get approved?
6. My wife is good with English. Works as into Financial services and has certificate 1v in financial services from TAFE.Will she need to sit her IELTS?

I would really appreciate response to this thread.

Kind Regards

SHZ
I think you really need to have a good read through this booklet - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books5.htm

This tells you most of what you need to know! You will need a police clearance for each country that you have spent over 12 months in, so if that means US, India and UK, well then that is what you have to get!!

With regards to how long it takes, i'd be interested in that myself! Our employer has just lodged their side, nominating us to be sponsored. They have been told that current processing times for this part are 3-12 weeks, then we put in our part! I know someone who got theirs in 2 weeks, others 2-3 months - a lot depends on if they need to get additional documents from you!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:48 am
pil
Forum Regular

pil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RSMS Query- URGENT

HI,

I have applied RSMS and My CO said to me that it will take upto 6 months or sometimes more....I am from HR country.Now is 6 months going on.........no response yet.......waiting