RSMS-Character Assesment Outstanding

Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:32 pm
pil
Forum Regular

pil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RSMS-Character Assesment Outstanding

I have applie RSMS on 24th August,2009.Last week I called my CO and he said your all papers is fine including medical but your Character Assesment Outstanding.What does it mean.I have submitted my PCC in uk and bangladesh.

Can anyone please advise me how long it will take ?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:49 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: RSMS-Character Assesment Outstanding

Originally Posted by pil View Post
I have applie RSMS on 24th August,2009.Last week I called my CO and he said your all papers is fine including medical but your Character Assesment Outstanding.What does it mean.I have submitted my PCC in uk and bangladesh.

Did he mean it is outstanding as in not yet received? or they have received it and there are further checks to be done?
Checks with some HR countries do take some time.

Or is it that you have applied for the PCCs and one or both have not been sent? and in that case you would need to follow up with your requests.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 3:25 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody can tell you how long it will take. Maybe you should be asking your case officer what they mean about your character assessment being outstanding.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:26 am
pil
Forum Regular

Question Re: RSMS-Character Assesment Outstanding

Yes, I have asked my co and he said they sent for check and he also said "it should not be long but I dont know why is taking long".I think i am from HR country thats why might be some time,may be dont know.I have submitted my pcc and they received,confirmed by co.

Do u know is it the last stage of visa finalizing (I mean character assesment)?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:48 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have asked my co and he said they sent for check and he also said "it should not be long but I dont know why is taking long".I think i am from HR country thats why might be some time,may be dont know.I have submitted my pcc and they received,confirmed by co.

Do u know is it the last stage of visa finalizing (I mean character assesment)?
No, I don't know and neither does anyone else here. None of us works for DIAC, so we can't tell you what the processing entails.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Hi there,
I have the same story. Character assessment mean external checks. They might take up to 6 months or more. But may be completed in several days.
There are several types of checks: job and other documents verification and security checks. Fist are made by local Aus embassies and the second by special agencies. Sometimes they ask for applicant's state authority to give something like Police certificate and it's up to that state to answer as long (fast) as they want.

As for me I've been waiting for them to finalise since August 2009.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:18 pm
pil
Forum Regular

Hello Duncan_Mc,

Do u have any Idea is it the final stage of visa or not?

thanks
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:44 pm
Newlywed

Hello Duncan_Mc,

thanks
How many different ways do you need to be told that nobody knows? Why don't you ask your case officer if it's the last step in your visa? The CO is the only person who can tell you whether there are other things which need to be done, not strangers on the internet.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Hello Duncan_Mc,

thanks
If all documents are marked as "MET", meds and police checks "finalised" then usually after character verification goes visa finalisation, unless, they have additional questions to ask based on the results of these checks.

BTW. Do you have the "complete character assessment particulars for this applicant" link in your on-ine form?

Last edited by Duncan_Mc; Jan 27th 2010 at 7:11 am.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
How many different ways do you need to be told that nobody knows? Why don't you ask your case officer if it's the last step in your visa? The CO is the only person who can tell you whether there are other things which need to be done, not strangers on the internet.
Did anyone tell you that your messages are of no help for people?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:45 pm
Newlywed

Originally Posted by Duncan_Mc View Post
Did anyone tell you that your messages are of no help for people?
Really think so? Funny, I thought it was helpful to tell someone they should be askign the only person with any knowledge of their visa processing and not some random strangers on the internet.

And did your post answer their question? You simply said that maybe it is maybe it isn't. Just in more words than my answer.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 12:09 pm
pil
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: RSMS-Character Assesment Outstanding

Hi there,
I have the same story. Character assessment mean external checks. They might take up to 6 months or more. But may be completed in several days.
There are several types of checks: job and other documents verification and security checks. Fist are made by local Aus embassies and the second by special agencies. Sometimes they ask for applicant's state authority to give something like Police certificate and it's up to that state to answer as long (fast) as they want.

Hello Duncan
Have you hot any news yet?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:25 am
pil
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: RSMS-Character Assesment Outstanding

Hi there,

Dear Duncan,Have you got any news from DIAC yet? As i am the same case like you.