Wikiposts

Rsms

Old Oct 29th 2004, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road
Default Rsms

I have been offered sponsorship for an RSMS visa but the timing is all wrong.

The plan is for me and the family to travel to Australia once the RSMS Visa is issued, have the visa validated, the family will have a short vacation and then return back to the UK leaving me to honour the obligation of the visa and start work for the sponsoring company for two years. The family will rejoin me when our affairs in the UK are settled.

The question is can this idea work, does the whole family need to be resident all the time, are there any travel limitations for the rest of the family ??

Any thoughts and advise greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Rsms

Originally Posted by The Druid

The plan is for me and the family to travel to Australia once the RSMS Visa is issued, have the visa validated, the family will have a short vacation and then return back to the UK leaving me to honour the obligation of the visa and start work for the sponsoring company for two years. The family will rejoin me when our affairs in the UK are settled.

The question is can this idea work, does the whole family need to be resident all the time, are there any travel limitations for the rest of the family ??

Any thoughts and advise greatly appreciated.
hi there,

im hoping to go RSMS aswell. from what ive gathered in my research etc is that the person who is on the visa is the one who has to stick to the 2 years, im sure it will be fine for the family to join you when the things in uk are settled. not sure about travel limitations for the family but im sure someone here will give you heaps of advice.
goodluck to you all and let me know how the process goes as id be very interested, i will start the process in march when my conversion course is completed.

cheers

Trish
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rsms

Originally Posted by The Druid

This should work. As long as all family members validate visas as usual and the main applicant (ie you) abides by the obligation to work for the sponsoring company, then there will be no problem with the visa.

Your family will be able to join you when things are settled in the UK.

Bear in mind that you and your spouse need to separately meet the residence requirements for Australian citizenship. If you decide to apply first, you can include the children on your application as they do not have to meet a residence requirement (if under 16) as long as one parent is becoming Australian.

Jeremy
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rsms

Originally Posted by JAJ
This should work. As long as all family members validate visas as usual and the main applicant (ie you) abides by the obligation to work for the sponsoring company, then there will be no problem with the visa.

Your family will be able to join you when things are settled in the UK.

Bear in mind that you and your spouse need to separately meet the residence requirements for Australian citizenship. If you decide to apply first, you can include the children on your application as they do not have to meet a residence requirement (if under 16) as long as one parent is becoming Australian.

Jeremy
Thanks for that Jeremy, I knew I could count on you, one further question nagging me though,

On a 136 visa you have to be resident for I think three out of the five years, is the rule the same for an RSMS visa, the reason for asking is that if things went wrong for the wife and kids and it took longer than expected to sell up etc, will they still have the visa to enter australia, and also does the whole family have to enter together or can the wife and kids enter and have the visa validated at a later stage. ?

Thanks again