Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

RRV - A thread for all questions and suggestions....

RRV - A thread for all questions and suggestions....

Old May 2nd 2012, 11:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
Thanks. Wasn't thinking of holidays, more family medical crises etc.

Cheers
Karl
If you had to leave in a hurry for a family medical issue etc DIAC may well grant a 3 month RRV if they are not prepared to grant a longer one straight away.
In the shorter term - if you are that close to the expiry of the PR please don't cut it too fine to arrive in Aus - think of illness stopping someone from flying for a few days, volcanoes, airport strikes - allow a few days grace just in case!
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

annamichael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default migration agent???

hey there just looking at the comments in regards to migration agents, my self an partner are just looking in to migration an could do with a little help in regards to who is preferred to use.

many thanks
Anna (also of the midlands!!)
Old May 3rd 2012, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Want2BinOz has a spectacular aura aboutWant2BinOz has a spectacular aura aboutWant2BinOz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: migration agent???

Originally Posted by annamichael
hey there just looking at the comments in regards to migration agents, my self an partner are just looking in to migration an could do with a little help in regards to who is preferred to use.

many thanks
Anna (also of the midlands!!)
Hi,

I was advised to contact an Ian Harrop, I did so and he was really helpful with initial advice, I will be contacting him again should I make another offshore application.

All the best.
Old May 4th 2012, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

jamesmason_three is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RRV - A thread for all questions and suggestions....

Hi All,

My PR visa expired Feb 20th 2012, I was in Australia when it expired with my wife and 2 children( there PR visas expire in 2016! ).

Anyhow, we are back in the UK and in the last 5 years of my PR visa I have spent possible 4 months in Australia. Did not spend longer there as got married here in UK had children and did not want to take kids away from grand parents so strung it out as long as possible.

I was my wife and children sponsor for their PR visa

As we are all now back in the UK, because my PR visa has expired has my wife and childrens visa still valid?

And would I be eligble for a RRV ?

Thanks
Old May 4th 2012, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV Is it possible?

I would have tried to get one whilst you were in Australia in February myself but there you go. Your family having visas will certainly make things a lot easier for you and I shouldn't think it would be tooo difficult. But I would hate to comment on eligibility or predict an outcome because there sometimes seems to be no rhyme or reason to the granting of RRvs.
Old May 5th 2012, 1:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RRV - A thread for all questions and suggestions....

There are so many threads being started regarding RRVs, they're going to be stuck in here.
Old May 6th 2012, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default RRV again sorry but odd and upsetting circumstances

i was granted PR (136) on 22 may 2008, arrived in sydney on 22nd jan 2009.

I split from my partner and our daughters dad within months and so lived with my dd on our own in Lane Cove, i was working full time.

My parents live in dubai so i was out of the country on the below occasions
26 june 09 returning 13th sept 09 (this was before i started work as daughter hadnt started schoool

19th dec 09 till 28 dec 09

27th dec 2010 until 15th jan 2011

Unfortunately i got involved with the worng person and after AVO's, being beaten whilst 4 months pregnant and loosing the baby and then getting pregnant (yes i was that stupid) and having a very horrific misscarriage which resulted in me being hospilitised for weeks and then developing a huge blood clot in my arm which i now have to take medication for still!

Anyway my parents flew out and i was in such a bad place i decided to go home and recover and get away from the evil person i was with so i left on the 14th may 2011 and have been in uk since.

Now i am stronger person with a different outlook and know i never gave oz the proper chance i could and should have!

My parents and brother own properties in OZ (no residency though just property) and my daughters dad obviously still lives there and he is doing his citizenship test in october as he has done 4 years. (he left before we did) and i will obv work full time once there.

So do i apply for a RRV giving myself more timeto get out there (visa expires 22 may 2013) or do i just get my ass over there beforehand??

Parents will help me move and be financing the move, but i did have to leave very suddenly so think i will have debt from the car on finance i returned but have never heard from them despite me emailing lots, will this get me barred into australia for having a debt??

Many thanks if you got through all that!!
Old May 6th 2012, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV again sorry but odd and upsetting circumstances

Originally Posted by taylor25
So do i apply for a RRV giving myself more timeto get out there (visa expires 22 may 2013) or do i just get my ass over there beforehand??
Depends what your plans are. You've done your 24 months so will qualify automatically for a 5 year RRV and will continue to do so until the end of next year. You don't need a RRV until your current visa reentry permit expires. If you delay moving back, as long as you apply for a RRV at the latest by the end of 2013 (ish) you will get a 5 year one (of course you'd need to apply for one before you returned if you planned on leaving the return until after 22 May 2013). Equally if you move back before May 2013 and stay there then you will continue to qualify for one automatically ad infinitum. So unlike most people on this thread, it's not really an issue for you as (under current rules) you could apply at the end of 2013 and get an automatic RRV for 5 years, taking you until the end of 2018 before you have a problem, if by then you have not gone back to Australia.

Summary: no need to hurry from an immigration perspective!

Parents will help me move and be financing the move, but i did have to leave very suddenly so think i will have debt from the car on finance i returned but have never heard from them despite me emailing lots, will this get me barred into australia for having a debt??
No, that's nothing to worry about ( again from an immigration perspective anyway).
Old May 11th 2012, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

DastardlynMutley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extending a PR Visa on a RR

Hi can anyone advise whether a BN Subclass 136 Visa can be extended on a RR visa after it expires if you are not in Australia.

I'm guessing not from what I've read before but wondered if there are any potential options to get an extension.

Our visa expires in August 2013, apart from validating the visa during an initial holiday have not been back since. My wife's brother/sister in law do live in Oz but not sure this would count as significant ties.

Are there any potential measures that one can take to extend and gain an RRV such as buying a property or investing in a business, if so are there minimum criteria for this?

If the Visa does expire is it possible to apply again in the future for a PR visa if one had already had a PR visa that had expired?
Old May 11th 2012, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending a PR Visa on a RR

A brother might be a tenuous tie, an investment property definitely is not.

You have until August 2013, the best thing to do is to move before then.

If the visa expires and you cannot get a RRV, then you can apply again if you still qualify under the latest rules.
Old May 13th 2012, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default RRV - Child applicant query

Hi

I have had a quick look around and cannot find an answer to this one. OH, myself and DD (age 6) need to apply for RRVs as we may need to go to UK at very short notice and our PR expires on 14.06.12. I have downloaded the forms and completed for OH and myself but I am struggling with DD's. The form does not appear to allow for a parent to sign for the child and it looks a bit suss on Pg 9 where the applicant (DD) is authorising me to collect her passport on her behalf and I am signing both the representative's box AND the applicant's box.

OH is planning to actually take all the documentation into the relevant office personally and hope that they can process them on the spot (we fulfill all the requirements for residency and ties etc and can evidence it).

Also, of being done in person do we need certified copies or will uncertified plus the originals do?

Hope you knowledgeable people can help. Got enough to think about (news of serious illness/surgery etc for MIL) and my brain is scrambled!

Thanks in advance
Old May 13th 2012, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV - A thread for all questions and suggestions....

Threads merged.

I've just had a look and as it says in the notes with the form for the parent or guardian of the child to sign then you sign in both places. If you're doing it for your daughter and your husband is taking the forms in then if necessary they can cross out if one is wrong but they can't put it in if it should be there - iyswim. If they don't make it clear, and it doesn't, then just sign. I would, anyway.
Old May 13th 2012, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Threads merged.

I've just had a look and as it says in the notes with the form for the parent or guardian of the child to sign then you sign in both places. If you're doing it for your daughter and your husband is taking the forms in then if necessary they can cross out if one is wrong but they can't put it in if it should be there - iyswim. If they don't make it clear, and it doesn't, then just sign. I would, anyway.
Thanks, Moneypenny. A fount of all knowledge!!!
Old May 13th 2012, 12:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Thanks, Moneypenny. A fount of all knowledge!!!
Tell your husband to tell them from me that they need to make it clearer. Fools!
Old May 14th 2012, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Totally impressed with the response from Immigration today. They can process our RRVs in 10min over the counter if needed. Also, although we cannot move our Citizenship tests on Tues 5th June we qualify for an emergency ceremony which could take place on that Friday as they would fast-track the Aus police checks. Would have to sort Aus passports after that but one step at a time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.