Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

RRV - A thread for all questions and suggestions....

RRV - A thread for all questions and suggestions....

Old Apr 26th 2012, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Want2BinOz has a spectacular aura aboutWant2BinOz has a spectacular aura aboutWant2BinOz has a spectacular aura about
Default RRV - A thread for all questions and suggestions....

Hi All,

Am I right in thinking that a Former Resident Visa (subclass 151) is different to a resident return visa (subclass 150). I have spoken to a couple of individuals who applied for the 151 and the documentation they had to submit was completely different to what was required of my recent RRV 150 application.

I was informed by a migration agent that they are the same application.

I may be missing something very obvious but I'm confused, any one care to enlighten me please?
Old Apr 26th 2012, 3:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Former Resident Visa

Former Resident Visa (subclass 151) and the Resident Return Visa (subclass 155/157) are two completely different visas.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Want2BinOz has a spectacular aura aboutWant2BinOz has a spectacular aura aboutWant2BinOz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Former Resident Visa

Thank you JAJ
Old Apr 29th 2012, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Me and the misses spent 6 months in Brisbane in 2009 on a PR visa subclass 136. Long story short we returned to the UK after losing a baby during a traumatic pregnancy and my misses in particular as you would expect took it hard.

Anyway 3years on and children in the bag we are keen to return.

I have looked into it and I cant really confirm if I have an option to renew or re validate my visa with a return one or not?

Any past or expert experience would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old Apr 29th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all
Default Re: Is there a return visa option?

When was your PR vsa granted?
Old Apr 29th 2012, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

It was granted Feb 2005 and expired Feb 2010?
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The worst that can happen is it is declined and that is definitely a possibility. Nothing for it but to apply for the RRV and see what happens. It might be worth getting an agent to handle your case.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 2:50 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Have you had a change of plans? Looks like you've got a PR visa for Canada:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...31#post9843631

I'd be curious to know if there is a section on the RRV that asks about your residency/citizenship status in other countries. If there is then it may be hard to prove your ties to Australia if you've gained PR in another country while you were gone.

With an expired PR there is no renewing or revalidating it. You can try for a resident return visa (RRV) and see what your chances are. I would guess your chances are slim given that you only lived in Australia for 6 months and your visa expired 2 years ago. It wouldn't hurt to try though, certainly cheaper than getting a new visa all over again.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi Yam Yam, (My husband is from Wolves)

I recently applied for a RRV knowing that I dind't meet the 2 out of 5 year rule but gave as much evidence of personal ties to Oz as I could (whihc was satisfactory) however compelling reasons for absence from Australia is what let me down. I'm not sure you would have to give compelling & compassionate reasons for absence though because your visa expired only 2 years ago (don't quote me on this though).
I would call Australia House and ask them but also seek advice from a migration agent. I've learned that even those at immi don't always know what they're talking about sadly!

All the best!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 4:41 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe enquire of UK based migration agent Ian Harrop?

I know Ian has looked after a few Resident Return visa applications recently.

Best regards.
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:04 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Hi. Wonder if anyone can help me? I (and my family) have Permanent Resident visas. These were granted in 2007, we validated them in 2008, and they expire in a month or so. We are still living in the UK.

If I were to move to Australia in the next few weeks, before the expiration date, I assume that RRV requirements would be quite heavy. I've looked at a few of the other RRV threads, but didn't notice any where people were considering a move this close to the wire after 5 years from original visa grant!

I'm presuming I would not be disallowed an RRV, just that for a certain time period, trips abroad would be limited to just a week or so at at time.

Any info / advice based on similar experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Karl
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV

If you move before your curent visa expires you don't need a RRV, not immediately anyway. You would go over, start to put down roots and then when you have apply for a RRV. I would not be looking to leave Australia at all during that period, you can't get a RRV for a week to go on holiday.
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

Go before visa expires, then apply for RRV.
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:21 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If you move before your curent visa expires you don't need a RRV, not immediately anyway. You would go over, start to put down roots and then when you have apply for a RRV. I would not be looking to leave Australia at all during that period, you can't get a RRV for a week to go on holiday.
Thanks. Wasn't thinking of holidays, more family medical crises etc.

Cheers
Karl
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
Thanks. Wasn't thinking of holidays, more family medical crises etc.

Cheers
Karl
Well they don't come along very often so hopefully you won't have any before you apply for the RRV.

Once you have put down roots, got jobs, rented a place, you can apply for the RRV with a chance of success.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.