RRV (subclass 155)

Old May 16th 2018, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default RRV (subclass 155)

Hi,

My RRV (subclass 155) will be expired in June 2018.

However, I've plan to travel overseas in July 2018 for a month.

Today I just applied for another RRV visa via immiAccount.

My question/worry is:

1) Did I applied early? I mean will DIBP will issue me another RRV from July 2018 onwards?

2) Also, I notice I cannot attach documents and immiAccount says: "This applicant is not required to provide any evidence at this stage based on the information provided within the application. However, the department may request further information from this applicant at a later date."

Please advise.

Thanks
Peace!
Old May 16th 2018, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV (subclass 155)

If you meet the 2 years out of the last 5 in Australia rule you will not need to provide any further evidence. They are taking a little longer to process at the moment so good to apply earlier.
Old May 16th 2018, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Hi rammygirl,

Thanks for your response.

2 more days to go for me to complete 2 years stay in Australia.

Any idea how much time approx. they're taking to issue RRV?

EDIT (Update): I've just checked processing time here and it says 5-8 days. But as a note to 155 visa it says, "Applications that do not meet the residence requirement will take longer to finalise than the published processing times advertised above." I think I meet the residence requirement, if it means, the applicant has to be in Australia when applying RRV?

Thanks.
Peace

Last edited by peace19; May 16th 2018 at 8:24 am.
Old May 16th 2018, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peace19
Hi rammygirl,

Thanks for your response.

2 more days to go for me to complete 2 years stay in Australia.

Any idea how much time approx. they're taking to issue RRV?

EDIT (Update): I've just checked processing time here and it says 5-8 days. But as a note to 155 visa it says, "Applications that do not meet the residence requirement will take longer to finalise than the published processing times advertised above." I think I meet the residence requirement, if it means, the applicant has to be in Australia when applying RRV?

Thanks.
Peace
The 'residence requirement' is being present in Australia for 2 years in the previous 5 years, not where you are when you make the application. This requirement needs to be met at the time of application.

Old May 25th 2018, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

usydkrish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Peace

Your current RRV which you hold had validity of five years or you had the 12 month travel visa under the RRV category
Old Jun 1st 2018, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

Thank you all for your response and feedback.

Its now 12 working days since I submitted my RRV application. On immiAccount it says processing time is 5 days to 8 days. I'm little desperate as I've to book an airline ticket for overseas travelling. Cost of ticket will increase if I book it late. Therefore, in this case, shall I call immigration to check the status of my visa application?

Also, initially attachments was disabled but after the few days of submission, I notice attachment section is enabled so I uploaded all the required attachments to processes faster.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Peace!
Old Jun 1st 2018, 6:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you all for your response and feedback.

Its now 12 working days since I submitted my RRV application. On immiAccount it says processing time is 5 days to 8 days. I'm little desperate as I've to book an airline ticket for overseas travelling. Cost of ticket will increase if I book it late. Therefore, in this case, shall I call immigration to check the status of my visa application?

Also, initially attachments was disabled but after the few days of submission, I notice attachment section is enabled so I uploaded all the required attachments to processes faster.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Peace!
5-8 days is a guideline only. As with all visas, some take longer, some take less time. As per rammygirl's post above, they are taking longer than usual to process at present.
If you book the flight I suggest you make sure its a changeable ticket.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

If you didn’t meet the residency requirement when you lodged the application, and your original post suggests you didn’t, then quoted processing times are around 12 weeks. If you now meet the residency requirement and are in a hurry, you could consider withdrawing your application and reapplying.

Old Jun 5th 2018, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi.

Thanks everyone for response.

Yesterday I called immigration (1 hr 40 mins waiting time). The staff said, I do not meet 2 years requirement, therefore processing will take time and its a 12 week timeframe. This is same as Paul said above. Since I'm planning to travel overseas next month, therefore my main worry is to book ticket early and avoid late booking cost. I told this to the staff and she said, its Ok, I can book & travel as I've already lodged the RRV application. I ask is there any chance for visa rejection? She replied, no, you will get the visa unless you have some criminal history. Now I'm thinking to book the ticket and wait for visa, if it comes then good other I will withdraw my application and will lodge another one (as I think I meet 2 years requirement now) 15 days before my flight. 15 days is because if I meet 2 years requirement then I'll get visa in 5-8 days.

Total time in AU:
- 5 days in Nov 2011 (came for a week to stamp PR and left): Total days: 5
- 20/01/2018 - 19/06/2018: (Finally relocated to AU): Total days: 546
- 21/11/2018 - 05/06/2018: Total days: 196
Total days: 5+546+196 = 747 days

Please advise.

Last edited by peace19; Jun 5th 2018 at 5:40 am.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi.

Thanks everyone for response.

Yesterday I called immigration (1 hr 40 mins waiting time). The staff said, I do not meet 2 years requirement, therefore processing will take time and its a 12 week timeframe. This is same as Paul said above. Since I'm planning to travel overseas next month, therefore my main worry is to book ticket early and avoid late booking cost. I told this to the staff and she said, its Ok, I can book & travel as I've already lodged the RRV application. I ask is there any chance for visa rejection? She replied, no, you will get the visa unless you have some criminal history. Now I'm thinking to book the ticket and wait for visa, if it comes then good other I will withdraw my application and will lodge another one (as I think I meet 2 years requirement now) 15 days before my flight. 15 days is because if I meet 2 years requirement then I'll get visa in 5-8 days.

Total time in AU:
- 20/01/2018 - 19/06/2018: (Finally relocated to AU): Total days: 546
- 21/11/2018 - 05/06/2018: Total days: 196

Please advise.
As a rule, do not take the advice of the call centre. Bear in mind a couple of things:

- if you submitted the application in mid May, the chances it will be processed by your deadline are very slim indeed, so if you are going to withdraw and re-apply I would do it sooner rather than later, to give yourself a time buffer on that application
- if you meet the residence requirement you will get a 5 year RRV rather than a one year one, so it may be worth doing this anyway. Your dates above don't seem correct so it's hard to confirm.
- if you travel without renewing and your current RRV expires when you are offshore but before the new one is granted, even if you are granted a new one subsequently this will create a gap in your permanent residency, which may cause you citizenship issues down the line. If you do go this route - get a bridging visa B before you leave.

Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paul Hand
As a rule, do not take the advice of the call centre. Bear in mind a couple of things:

- if you submitted the application in mid May, the chances it will be processed by your deadline are very slim indeed, so if you are going to withdraw and re-apply I would do it sooner rather than later, to give yourself a time buffer on that application
- if you meet the residence requirement you will get a 5 year RRV rather than a one year one, so it may be worth doing this anyway. Your dates above don't seem correct so it's hard to confirm.
- if you travel without renewing and your current RRV expires when you are offshore but before the new one is granted, even if you are granted a new one subsequently this will create a gap in your permanent residency, which may cause you citizenship issues down the line. If you do go this route - get a bridging visa B before you leave.

Thank you Paul for your response.

Sorry, correct dates are:

- 20/01/2016 - 19/06/2017: (Finally relocated to AU): Total days: 546
- 21/11/2017 - Till date: Total days: 196

As you said, I can withdraw and re-apply. But I will do this only if I'm sure that I meet the 5 years requirement so that I can get RRV within 8 days (max as i am expecting). I don't want to take any risk, i.e. I don't want to leave without having RRV. But my work leaves are also fixed as I can't get leaves after that. My work leaves are 5 July 2018 - 10 Aug 2018. I want to fly by 5 July and come back by 10 Aug.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Paul for your response.

Sorry, correct dates are:

- 20/01/2016 - 19/06/2017: (Finally relocated to AU): Total days: 546
- 21/11/2017 - Till date: Total days: 196
20/01/2016 - 19/06/2017 is not 546 days ...

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 19th 2018 at 11:55 pm. Reason: Please place in BE sig.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry again Paul. I'm really having headache as I write these posts ..

20/01/2016 - 19/07/2017
----
From and including: Wednesday, 20 January 2016
To, but not including Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Result: 546 days

---

Just copy pasted above from online site. These are correct dates finally.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

So, once you reach 730 days, you meet the residency requirement.

Old Jun 5th 2018, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

But total days I lived in Australia including today is 748 days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.