RRV Question

Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all
Default RRV Question

Hi there,

Haven't recently returned to the U.K. I was just wondering if we can apply for a RRV from the U.K. before our PR runs out in DEC 10? (Family of 5)

If not, would it mean that the whole family would have to return to Aus before this date?

Cheers

Shaz
Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV Question

From what I've seen of your other posts, you've recently returned to the UK having been in Australia for four years. If so, yes you and your family members can apply for a RRV in the UK and you will automatically get one because you were in Australia for two out of the last five years before you apply. In fact, you would still qualify for the best part of another three years, because you will still have been in Australia for two out of the last five years in (nearly) three years time.

That effectively gives you up to about the end of 2017 before you have to return or lose your right to live in Australia, as long as you remember to obtain or renew your RRV in just under 3 years time (unless of course the rules change before then).
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaz&Dee
Hi there,

Haven't recently returned to the U.K. I was just wondering if we can apply for a RRV from the U.K. before our PR runs out in DEC 10? (Family of 5)

If not, would it mean that the whole family would have to return to Aus before this date?

Cheers

Shaz
Hi Shaz

If you were in Australia as a PR for the 2 years before you recently returned, you can apply for an RRV through London at any time, within 3 years of your departure from Australia, and qualify for a new 5 year RRV. So if you left say 01 February 2010, you could apply for an RRV on 31 January 2013 and get a new RRV valid to 2018 - effectively get 8 years out of Australia without returning. If you were not in Australia continuously for the whole 2 year period prior to your recent Departure, short absences will narrow your window of application - so check it out carefully.

Regards

Tony
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Shaz

If you were in Australia as a PR for the 2 years before you recently returned, you can apply for an RRV through London at any time, within 3 years of your departure from Australia, and qualify for a new 5 year RRV.
This assumes rules don't change, also there is not much flexibility if you forget to apply in good time. An RRV in passport is more secure than prospective future eligibility for one, and you can always apply now and reapply again in 2-3 years if rules are the same.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all

Hi guys, thankyou for your replies (even tho I'm runnin a few months behind!). I just have a couple of other questions which I'm hoping someone can answer for me.........Is the fee $260 per each person including kids and is it correct that we don't have to enter Australia to validate the visa's like our PR ones?
Also, just checking that with our visas running out at the end off Dec 2010 will it still be ok to apply for the RRV's in Jan 2011? (Wanna try and get Xmas outta the road first!).
Thanks again
Shaz x
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 12:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaz&Dee
Hi guys, thankyou for your replies (even tho I'm runnin a few months behind!). I just have a couple of other questions which I'm hoping someone can answer for me.........Is the fee $260 per each person including kids and is it correct that we don't have to enter Australia to validate the visa's like our PR ones?
Also, just checking that with our visas running out at the end off Dec 2010 will it still be ok to apply for the RRV's in Jan 2011? (Wanna try and get Xmas outta the road first!).
Thanks again
Shaz x
Yep, cost is per person, and no you don't need to validate it.