Wikiposts

RRV question

Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:06 pm
Oz Wannabe

jtimkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RRV question

Hi all,
i have a skilled 136 which is due to run out on the 31st jan.
if i am there on the 31st and start my new job on the 2nd feb can i then qualify for a 3 month RRV?
also my wife and children will still be back in the UK can they then apply for a 3 month RRV to come and join me.
i have only spent about 6 months in OZ in total of the 5 years.
yours confused.
john
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV question

Originally Posted by jtimkey
Hi all,
if i am there on the 31st and start my new job on the 2nd feb can i then qualify for a 3 month RRV?
also my wife and children will still be back in the UK can they then apply for a 3 month RRV to come and join me.
yours confused.
john
Hi John

When you arrive back you can stay forever. Grant of an RRV for 3 months may be possible but DIAC would look closely at it especially if you have just claimed to have started a job and now want to return. A letter from your employer confirming your start, approval of leave without pay and confirmation that pob is open to you when you return - would help. The period you wish to return to UK and reasons would also be considerations. who knows, they may even grant you a new 5 year RRV in that situation.

If you are granted a 5 year visa, your wife and children would also then qualify for RRV valid to the same date as yours. If you get granted the three month RRV, as long as your wife and children apply within your 3 months, they will qualify for a 3 month RRV valid from when they are granted. Even if you do no treturn to UK, it may be easier for you to apply for the 3 month RRV in Australia as your visa criteria inside Australia are easier than those for applying outside.

It sounds like you need to thrash this out in detail as there are other possible options depending on your exact circumstances. Give me a call if you want to discuss +353 21 4621999

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jtimkey
Hi all,
yours confused.
john
You don't need a RRV until you leave Australia and then wish to return,. If you are planning to leave Australia immediately after arriving they might question whether you actually have any commitment to the country - especially if your family has only spent 6 months here and its only you flying over now.
Possibly an idea to consult an agent .....

edited to add - sorry Tony, my post crossed with yours!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:59 pm
Oz Wannabe

jtimkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all thanks for the prompt replies.

I just want to come back for a couple of weeks to finish sorting out the house and our belongings, the wife and kids need a bit of extra time to help sort this out too.
i just dont want to try this unless they will grant the RRV, i can get a letter from work but dont want to be over there if the family cant get in if you know what i mean.

regards
john