rrv and citizenship?

Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: rrv and citizenship?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You do not have to apply for citizenship as soon as you are able - in fact you do not have to apply at all.

Your wife is not able to apply for another year so if you are happier, wait the 4 years since you entered permanently and then apply.

If im able to apply sooner then yes as dont know what future holds and things change and costs go up etc. I know wife is next year which is annoying but its the way it is and having found out i can add daughter to mine i asked wife if she wanted her to be when she applied or mine.
I know i never have to get citizenship but i am and having got this far,been here this long i be silly not too.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 17th 2016 at 3:03 am. Reason: fix quote
Old Jun 17th 2016, 3:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
If im able to apply sooner then yes as dont know what future holds and things change and costs go up etc. I know wife is next year which is annoying but its the way it is and having found out i can add daughter to mine i asked wife if she wanted her to be when she applied or mine.
I know i never have to get citizenship but i am and having got this far,been here this long i be silly not too.
If you want to apply now (or on the 27th) then you can add your first visa as first valid entry to Australia, or the validation trip of your PR visa. You need 3 years residence out of the last 4 years, only one of which needs to be PR as explained before.

From posts previously by JAJ I know that I could currently apply as we visited on a tourist visa prior to PR, that visa was still valid when PR was granted or something along those lines and we have now been here more than 3 years.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

If you want to apply now (or on the 27th) then you can add your first visa as first valid entry to Australia, or the validation trip of your PR visa. You need 3 years residence out of the last 4 years, only one of which needs to be PR as explained before.

From posts previously by JAJ I know that I could currently apply as we visited on a tourist visa prior to PR, that visa was still valid when PR was granted or something along those lines and we have now been here more than 3 years.
Is this answer regarding a question thats on the paper application which i questioned or one thats asked online which upto page 6 has not been asked yet.
I just thought same questions be asked online as on paper and that was what i asked before.
If i had another visa apart from pr visa which i did 2003 1 yr travel visa which i say yes,i know its not relevant to citizenship but im answering what it says.

But its sounding like i tick yes but dont give that dates yes i know has nothing to do with my pr or even citizenship but they ask this.

So if i come across any dates along the way as in online i put in 2009 as thats when i came to validate and return home then came back for holiday later that year and back home again and moved 2013.

But the paper part of this and what i questioned is just asking if i had other visa other than pr so yes from 2003 but this is just what they ask and i know means nothing and why ask it but it must to them.

I wait and see what stuff im hit with later in month as cant do much right now.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 8:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Is this answer regarding a question thats on the paper application which i questioned or one thats asked online which upto page 6 has not been asked yet.
I just thought same questions be asked online as on paper and that was what i asked before.
If i had another visa apart from pr visa which i did 2003 1 yr travel visa which i say yes,i know its not relevant to citizenship but im answering what it says.

But its sounding like i tick yes but dont give that dates yes i know has nothing to do with my pr or even citizenship but they ask this.

So if i come across any dates along the way as in online i put in 2009 as thats when i came to validate and return home then came back for holiday later that year and back home again and moved 2013.

But the paper part of this and what i questioned is just asking if i had other visa other than pr so yes from 2003 but this is just what they ask and i know means nothing and why ask it but it must to them.

I wait and see what stuff im hit with later in month as cant do much right now.
If it asks 'have you had any other visas?' then your answer is yes - it's not a trick question!

If it asks you for dates of travel then you enter them - if it doesn't then what's the issue.

And the answer was to your questioning whether or not you meet citizenship requirements, although I notice further up you want to say no to having a previous visa and lie on your application!
Old Jun 17th 2016, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

If it asks 'have you had any other visas?' then your answer is yes - it's not a trick question!

If it asks you for dates of travel then you enter them - if it doesn't then what's the issue.

And the answer was to your questioning whether or not you meet citizenship requirements, although I notice further up you want to say no to having a previous visa and lie on your application!
No it was mentioned it was not relevant to my citizenship application but if they are asking you these questions then i need to answer regardless what its for.

As i had aready said yes and put dates do i need to prove this in some way or do they have this in there system when i have been in oz even if its in an old passport which i still have and has that visa in it.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 9:19 am

No it was mentioned it was not relevant to my citizenship application but if they are asking you these questions then i need to answer regardless what its for.

As i had aready said yes and put dates do i need to prove this in some way or do they have this in there system when i have been in oz even if its in an old passport which i still have and has that visa in it.
What does it say on the form guidance notes?
Old Jun 17th 2016, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Guidance notes i have general eligibility 1300t form and on page 2 it says evidence of when you first arrived in oz and your present country of citizenship and says current and previous passport or travel docs?
But thinking about it now its not related to my 2004 trip.
But if this is asked online what am i looking to show for this bio page my passport stamped in 2009 when i validated im thinking bio page as asks present country of citizenship which bio page shows??
Old Jun 17th 2016, 9:54 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

We have just recently done our online citizenship application. I am having trouble following many of your posts due to the lack of punctuation and grammar. However, my understanding is that you are querying the following.

Have you ever held a visa or travelled to Australia prior to your current visa? If yes, then say yes.

Do you have to provide evidence of this? You MAY be prompted to give details of this Visa or entry to Australia. The online system will prompt you if required. You will be advised at the end of the application which and what type of documents, if any, pertaining to this first visa, to upload.

Have you spent any time outside of Australia from your first point of entry under your current visa or from when the visa was issued?

If yes, then answer yes. You will then be prompted to add all applicable dates of ANY time you spent outside of Australia, after your first point of entry.

The following question is taken directly from my application as I have gone online and opened it.

Since turning the age of 18 and holding a permanent Australian visa, has the applicant spent periods totalling 12 months or more outside Australia?

Note the term PERMANENT visa. So, basically, they want to know of any times you have spent outside Australia since being granted your PR visa, not a holiday, or temporary visa.

Basically, the online application is an intuitive one. It will prompt you to provide information based on the answers you give. All documents are uploaded at the end. Again, the documents required will be based on the answer YOU have given. Therefore, your application may NOT be the same as anyone elses. We can all give you answers to specific questions, but they will be based on OUR situation and therefore they may not the right answer for YOU.

As a general rule of thumb though, the following documents are what I had to upload

Bank statement showing current address
birth certificate
marriage certificate (Evidence of name change)
Passport showing date of first entry to Aus
Passport showing personal details (proof of current citizenship)
Old Jun 17th 2016, 9:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
We have just recently done our online citizenship application. I am having trouble following many of your posts due to the lack of punctuation and grammar. However, my understanding is that you are querying the following.

Have you ever held a visa or travelled to Australia prior to your current visa? If yes, then say yes.

Do you have to provide evidence of this? You MAY be prompted to give details of this Visa or entry to Australia. The online system will prompt you if required. You will be advised at the end of the application which and what type of documents, if any, pertaining to this first visa, to upload.

Have you spent any time outside of Australia from your first point of entry under your current visa or from when the visa was issued?

If yes, then answer yes. You will then be prompted to add all applicable dates of ANY time you spent outside of Australia, after your first point of entry.

The following question is taken directly from my application as I have gone online and opened it.

Since turning the age of 18 and holding a permanent Australian visa, has the applicant spent periods totalling 12 months or more outside Australia?

Note the term PERMANENT visa. So, basically, they want to know of any times you have spent outside Australia since being granted your PR visa, not a holiday, or temporary visa.

Basically, the online application is an intuitive one. It will prompt you to provide information based on the answers you give. All documents are uploaded at the end. Again, the documents required will be based on the answer YOU have given. Therefore, your application may NOT be the same as anyone elses. We can all give you answers to specific questions, but they will be based on OUR situation and therefore they may not the right answer for YOU.

As a general rule of thumb though, the following documents are what I had to upload

birth certificate
And don't bother doing anything until August (well I wouldn't anyway). There's no point.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 10:00 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And don't bother doing anything until August (well I wouldn't anyway). There's no point.
And immi.gov.au is closed for essential works at the end of this month too
Old Jun 17th 2016, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok got that i said yes on the paper application and take its same for online reason for filling out paper one to use as template.

Ok cool so your told what to provide i just thought you would need to figure out whats needed from some things they mention on forms etc.

Yes this is tricky as i got my visa granted 2008 came to oz 2009 to validate after a month then went back home, then later in that year for a holiday again month 2009 which shows in my old passport dates i arrived and left.
I then stayed in uk and moved to oz and arrived here 1st june 2013,and i have been here since apart from end of 2015 where i had to fly back to uk in an emergency where i was there for 3 weeks.
My travel side of pr visa had expired by then and had to get rrv.

So when is this first point of entry? 2009 or 2013 as 2009 is when i came to validate but i never stayed here went back to uk and as said only came back one same year for holiday and that was it till moved here 2013.
So im little confused what dates i need to give?

Ok cool as this part will puzzle me when since grant i came to oz once to validate then again for holiday and finally back again 2013 to live.

So what do i say for that as mentionef above i had been in uk most of the time since grant and validating my visa,i moved 2013, we can forget about my recent trip to uk for emergency as was less than 12 months but maybe they still need to know that.

Note the term PERMANENT visa. So, basically, they want to know of any times you have spent outside Australia since being granted your PR visa, not a holiday, or temporary visa
Again granted 2008 while in uk,came to oz 2009 to validate ok let's forget about the holiday later in 2009 but i not been in oz since validate 2009 till 2013 when we moved.

Ok cool to know they ask for certain documents.

birth certificate
You said showing date of first entry was this that page stamped and for me what's classed as first entry 2009 or 2013?
Check my replies above to your answers incase they are missed using a mobile phone so not ideal for doing this.

Thanks.

Last edited by brian.w; Jun 17th 2016 at 10:51 am. Reason: Additional info
Old Jun 17th 2016, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

And immi.gov.au is closed for essential works at the end of this month too
Why august?
Old Jun 17th 2016, 11:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why august?
Why not. You can't apply until the 27th July at the earliest. I said August because it seemed silly to put 28th July.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Why 27th july its june??
Old Jun 17th 2016, 11:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Why 27th july its june??
lost track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.