rrv and citizenship?

Old Mar 19th 2016, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rrv and citizenship?

Originally Posted by brian.w
Yes thats true one less passporr and its not as if i need to worry about her citizenship cost as im sure its free if added to parent application.
But i don't mind getting her a oz passport too.
But i do wonder if it becomes more complicated her being under wifes pr visa and mine being a different one.

I could easy wait and do next year with wife but prices are always going up,rules are always changing and god knows what the future holds so think its best to get when it's possible.

My aunt been here over 40 yrs and still not a citizen crazy if you ask me but i would think she is pretty settle now lol.

We just have to get now that son is one and if in the future we did return to uk and came back again then no more issues with visas etc.
So i be pushing ahead with mine and i leave that upto wife if we can add daughter to my application to do later or on mine.
Your daughter is not "under" your wife's visa. She was on that application, but when the visas were granted she got her own visa and it is no longer connected to your wife's visa.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Your daughter is not "under" your wife's visa. She was on that application, but when the visas were granted she got her own visa and it is no longer connected to your wife's visa.
Ok so as my wife was on partner visa for two years I think then another two years or what ever it was can't remember till she got pr. Then wife and child has different visas? How does that work? Are they classed under different visa numbers now? Even though daughter was on her application from day one? I had already been granted mine previous.
So how does one know what daughters visa number is?
And so even when you say this she can still be added to mine having only to qualify after 3 yrs like me cause I had been on validate trip back in 2009.
She was not even around then so this does not matter?
So these 4 yrs being in oz does not really count then for daughter just and wife.

It sounds like she can be added which is great and glad I asked as I'm sure was told or read it somewhere or just thought had to be same time as mum.

I suppose it's if we want to wait till mum qualify's or dad which is sooner. Thanks

Last edited by brian.w; Mar 19th 2016 at 11:46 am.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so as my wife was on partner visa for two years I think then another two years or what ever it was can't remember till she got pr. Then wife and child has different visas? How does that work? Are they classed under different visa numbers now? Even though daughter was on her application from day one? I had already been granted mine previous.
And so even when you say this she can still be added to mine having only to qualify after 3 yrs like me cause I had been on validate trip back in 2009.
So these 4 yrs being in oz does not really count then for daughter just and wife.

It sounds like she can be added which is great and glad I asked as I'm sure was told or read it somewhere or just thought had to be same time as mum.

I suppose it's if we want to wait till mum qualify's or dad which is sooner. Thanks
As I said, she was on the same application, but now she has her own visa. Two people cannot be on the same visa, the Australian system simply does not work that way. Permanent visas are individual things.

I have no idea how you know what daughters visa number is. I have never needed to use a visa number for anything that I can recall.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Your daughter has her own visa. The visa number will be on the paperwork received by your wife when PR was granted to her and to the child.

Because she is your child, you are applying for citizenship, and she is a permananet resident, she does not have to meet the residency requirement herelf. She can be included on your application.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

As I said, she was on the same application, but now she has her own visa. Two people cannot be on the same visa, the Australian system simply does not work that way. Permanent visas are individual things.

I have no idea how you know what daughters visa number is. I have never needed to use a visa number for anything that I can recall.
Ok cool so how does one check my daughters pr then proof?Not tthat I would need to as she be under parents anyway just curious if you can check it,not that it matters if gaining citizenship as her pr will be no longer.

Well looks like daughter will be added to mine which is great glad I asked the question,was not even planning to as just thought it was only same time as wife.

And that's why I ask so much questions on here some sound silly, some come in handy but some are very usefull. Again thanks for letting me know.

Last edited by brian.w; Mar 19th 2016 at 1:30 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok cool so how does one check my daughters or then?not that I would need to as she be under parents anyway just curious if you can, not that it matters if gaining citizenship as her pr will be no longer.

Well looks like daughter will be added to mine which is great glad I asked the question,was not even planning to as just thought it was only same time as wife.

And that's why I ask so much questions on here some sound silly, some come in handy but some are very usefull. Again thanks for letting me know.
Check your daughters what? Curious if you can what?

Sorry do not understand your questions.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Check your daughters what? Curious if you can what?

Sorry do not understand your questions.
Sorry updated that now few typos in there iPad has mind of his own at times.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry updated that now few typos in there iPad has mind of his own at times.
So you already know that your daughter has PR. So do immigration, you don't need to prove it, they will know as soon as you provide the relevant details about her.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

So you already know that your daughter has PR. So do immigration, you don't need to prove it, they will know as soon as you provide the relevant details about her.
Cool great news but as much as I have been told several times by many given dates provided I just don't get how I qualify June 2016.
I know you get 12 months absence on pr.
But having been granted back in 2008 come out here in at start of 2009 to validate and back again end of 2009 on holiday then back to uk after these trips which where both a month each in total and having been in uk since till June 2013 it still puzzles me.
They did confirm on phone many months ago 2016 but I just don't know why having been back to uk since trips in 2009 and not being out here till 2013.

Just confuses me what dates I'm supposed to enter in the calculator there that's why I keep calling well have still to call again to confirm.
Had recent trip back to uk for three weeks which pushes it further back.

But it's the 4 yr bit that gets me and by June say 22nd it if all added up be approx 3 yrs and two months been in oz this is the 1 month 2009 validate trip,1 month holiday trip 2009 both of which I returned back to uk and as said moved to oz June 2013.

I know you guys have said its all good for 2016 and they confirmed a while back but just don't know why more so when there has been a long break from 2009 to 2013 of not being in oz while having pr.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 3:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Cool great news but as much as I have been told several times by many given dates provided I just don't get how I qualify June 2016.
I know you get 12 months absence on pr.
But having been granted back in 2008 come out here in at start of 2009 to validate and back again end of 2009 on holiday then back to uk after these trips which where both a month each in total and having been in uk since till June 2013 it still puzzles me.
They did confirm on phone many months ago 2016 but I just don't know why having been back to uk since trips in 2009 and not being out here till 2013.

Just confuses me what dates I'm supposed to enter in the calculator there that's why I keep calling well have still to call again to confirm.
Had recent trip back to uk for three weeks which pushes it further back.

But it's the 4 yr bit that gets me and by June say 22nd it if all added up be approx 3 yrs and two months been in oz this is the 1 month 2009 validate trip,1 month holiday trip 2009 both of which I returned back to uk and as said moved to oz June 2013.

I know you guys have said its all good for 2016 and they confirmed a while back but just don't know why more so when there has been a long break from 2009 to 2013 of not being in oz while having pr.
No-one is forcing you to apply for citizenship right now, so if you would rather wait until you have 4 years presence in Australia this time then do so - you do not have to believe what you are told here, or by DIBP, or anyone - nor do you have to apply as soon as you are eligible.

But to try and explain you need 4 years residence, with up to 12 months absence. Since you can count the validation date as the date you became legally resident and the time before you arrived in June 2013 as the 12 months absence, then you only need a further 3 years residence to qualify for citizenship - or June 2016 if you have not had any further absences from Australia. If you have, then you need to add this time onto the date that you can apply.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
No-one is forcing you to apply for citizenship right now, so if you would rather wait until you have 4 years presence in Australia this time then do so - you do not have to believe what you are told here, or by DIBP, or anyone - nor do you have to apply as soon as you are eligible.

But to try and explain you need 4 years residence, with up to 12 months absence. Since you can count the validation date as the date you became legally resident and the time before you arrived in June 2013 as the 12 months absence, then you only need a further 3 years residence to qualify for citizenship - or June 2016 if you have not had any further absences from Australia. If you have, then you need to add this time onto the date that you can apply.
Yes sooner I apply better all cool.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Put your validation date as the first date you were resident. Then put all dates you were outside Australia, remembering the day you leave and arrive do not count as you are in Australia on those days. Just try it, as long as you made an entry over 4 years ago then the dates that count are the four years going back.

We are not able to apply till next year but I guessed the date and the calculator told me the actual date I could apply and yes it is 3 years after arriving plus the time we have spent outside Australia since then.

It is quite logical really it just pushed the limits to the max. 4 years with no more than one year outside Aus in total, no more than 90 days in the last year. Doesn't matter how long you spend outside after first entry it just looks at the last four years.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Put your validation date as the first date you were resident. Then put all dates you were outside Australia, remembering the day you leave and arrive do not count as you are in Australia on those days. Just try it, as long as you made an entry over 4 years ago then the dates that count are the four years going back.

We are not able to apply till next year but I guessed the date and the calculator told me the actual date I could apply and yes it is 3 years after arriving plus the time we have spent outside Australia since then.

It is quite logical really it just pushed the limits to the max. 4 years with no more than one year outside Aus in total, no more than 90 days in the last year. Doesn't matter how long you spend outside after first entry it just looks at the last four years.
I will give it a try next week if i get a chance,but how come you say the only look at last 4 yrs in june that be 3 yrs for me since i arrived.
As i have said im not saying everyone is wrong or them that deals with it but its the being here only since june 2013,validate trip for 1 month in jan 2009 and again holiday dec 2009 for 1 month or there about and being back in the uk 10 months of that year and in uk 2010,11,12 and until we left for oz june 13.
But i not ask if or why or but.it seems to be the way it is and i just can't take it in being in uk most of that time in 09 and other years until moving just dont get it.
I thought it had to be 4 yrs with no breaks.
Wifes one is straight forward needs four years since date of arrivibg here in 2013.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I will give it a try next week if i get a chance,but how come you say the only look at last 4 yrs in june that be 3 yrs for me since i arrived.
As i have said im not saying everyone is wrong or them that deals with it but its the being here only since june 2013,validate trip for 1 month in jan 2009 and again holiday dec 2009 for 1 month or there about and being back in the uk 10 months of that year and in uk 2010,11,12 and until we left for oz june 13.
But i not ask if or why or but.it seems to be the way it is and i just can't take it in being in uk most of that time in 09 and other years until moving just dont get it.
I thought it had to be 4 yrs with no breaks.
Wifes one is straight forward needs four years since date of arrivibg here in 2013.
Brian this has been explained to you over and over again. You need four years since you first entered Australia on your permanent visa with a maximum allowance of 12 months out or the country. That is why your validation visit counts.

But if you still cannot grasp it or still doubt it, well then don't apply for citizenship just now. Wait until four years after your permanent move if that makes you happier.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 5:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Your wife did not do a validation trip, she came straight here. Therefore she will have four years straight . If she had done a validation trip she would be the same as you - four years in total rather than four years in one go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.