RRV & Child Visa's

Old Apr 4th 2017, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Jenny Baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RRV & Child Visa's

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hmmmm. On BE we don't think anything to do with a visa application should automatically be done by a professional, is there a reason you think so? Are you an agent by any chance?

I didn't say "done" by an Agent, I said get advice ... completely different. Many people can do their own applications. With the high cost of visa fees getting a refusal for not understanding the rules / process is a costly mistake.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 7:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenny Baker
I didn't say "done" by an Agent, I said get advice ... completely different. Many people can do their own applications. With the high cost of visa fees getting a refusal for not understanding the rules / process is a costly mistake.
Actually Jenny, you said
As with anything to do with a visa application, you should be seeking professional advice from a Registered Migration Agent.

It's simply not the case that everyone who's applying for a visa should seek advice from a registered migration agent. I, and countless others who've been successful in obtaining visas without such advice, are testament to that.

If their application isn't straightforward, if they're having difficulty understanding the rules or process, or if they simply choose to seek such advice for their own reasons, then yes.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hmmmm. On BE we don't think anything to do with a visa application should automatically be done by a professional, is there a reason you think so? Are you an agent by any chance?
I agree filled my own PR visa in and 2 RRVs since, never had a problem if you prepare well and submit what they want.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wafc
Thanks Jenny.

I thought the online applications went to a different location to the paper ones but obviously not. So it shouldn't matter whether we apply for our Child visa's online or via post (assuming we get to that stage). I'd always apply online if possible then.

Cheers.
You won't need police certificates because children are under 16.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you fill all the forms right and provide all the required documentation requested. I don't think it takes 12 months if you provide all the required documentation.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Can somoene please clarify this for me.

If I apply for RRV's for myself and my wife and they are granted, do I need to apply for 2 separate full child visa's for our young children, or can I submit separate RRV's for my children (even though they've never held PR as they weren't born when we were there)?

I only ask that because the DIBP site for 155 visa's states you might be granted a visa if you: "have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are members of the family unit of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa, or who has also applied for a Resident Return visa and satisfies criteria for grant."

So if I am granted a 155 visa, can my children then apply for one as they are members of my family unit?

Thanks.

Last edited by wafc; Apr 10th 2017 at 9:24 am.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 12:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can somoene please clarify this for me.

If I apply for RRV's for myself and my wife and they are granted, do I need to apply for 2 separate full child visa's for our young children, or can I submit separate RRV's for my children (even though they've never held PR as they weren't born when we were there)?

I only ask that because the DIBP site for 155 visa's states you might be granted a visa if you: "have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are members of the family unit of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa, or who has also applied for a Resident Return visa and satisfies criteria for grant."

So if I am granted a 155 visa, can my children then apply for one as they are members of my family unit?

Thanks.
A RRV just grants permission for a PR holder to travel, after the travel part of their PR vsa has expired.
When your children are granted Child Visas, these will give them their own PR, with travel rights for 5 years. They will not need RRVs until five years after their visas are granted.
They cannot get RRVs now as they do not yet have PR.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A RRV just grants permission for a PR holder to travel, after the travel part of their PR vsa has expired.
When your children are granted Child Visas, these will give them their own PR, with travel rights for 5 years. They will not need RRVs until five years after their visas are granted.
They cannot get RRVs now as they do not yet have PR.
Thanks, that's as I thought Pollyanna, but then what is the paragraph which I quoted referring to when it states you might be granted a visa if you: "have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are members of the family unit of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa"?
Old Apr 10th 2017, 12:42 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, that's as I thought Pollyanna, but then what is the paragraph which I quoted referring to when it states you might be granted a visa if you: "have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are members of the family unit of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa"?
Read the whole of the instructions. The first part of the RRV age on DIBP's site says
It allows you to travel overseas and return to Australia as a permanent resident. You need this visa if the travel period on your current permanent visa has expired or is about to expire.

You cannot get a RRV unless you have PR first. The RRV only gets you back into Aus, it does not grant permission to live there.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/155-
Old Apr 10th 2017, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Read the whole of the instructions. The first part of the RRV age on DIBP's site says
It allows you to travel overseas and return to Australia as a permanent resident. You need this visa if the travel period on your current permanent visa has expired or is about to expire.

You cannot get a RRV unless you have PR first. The RRV only gets you back into Aus, it does not grant permission to live there.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/155-
I have read all of the instructions previously, however the paragraph I've quoted twice is just confusing as it refers to people being granted a 155 visa by being members of the family unit of someone who has been granted a 155 visa. That was why I was asking for clarification on that point..
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:17 pm
Home and Happy

I have read all of the instructions previously, however the paragraph I've quoted twice is just confusing as it refers to people being granted a 155 visa by being members of the family unit of someone who has been granted a 155 visa. That was why I was asking for clarification on that point..
f one member of the family is granted a RRV having spent two out of the last 5 years in Aus, then the other family members can be granted a RRV because they are members of the family unit of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa
But no-one can get a RRV without holding PR first as the RRV does not grant any rights to live in Australia. A RRV is what it says a visa for a resident to return. Then the existing PR visa gives them the right to live here.

As it says on the website, The Resident Return visa will let you keep or regain your status as an Australian permanent resident.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

f one member of the family is granted a RRV having spent two out of the last 5 years in Aus, then the other family members can be granted a RRV because they are members of the family unit of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa
But no-one can get a RRV without holding PR first as the RRV does not grant any rights to live in Australia. A RRV is what it says a visa for a resident to return. Then the existing PR visa gives them the right to live here.

As it says on the website, The Resident Return visa will let you keep or regain your status as an Australian permanent resident.
Thanks. I was pretty sure about not getting an RRV without holding a PR first, I just wasn't clear on when the "being a member of the family unit of a person who holds subclass 155" would be used, but now you've explained that situation it makes more sense.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 3:20 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks. I was pretty sure about not getting an RRV without holding a PR first, I just wasn't clear on when the "being a member of the family unit of a person who holds subclass 155" would be used, but now you've explained that situation it makes more sense.
Glad it made sense in the end DIBP aren't known for making things simple!