RRV & Child Visa's

Old Apr 2nd 2017, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default RRV & Child Visa's

Well it's certainly been a while since I've posted on here!

I'm considering applying for RRV's for me and my wife (we both have expired PR Visa's, although hers was in her maiden name). However we now have 2 children who don't hold visa's, one child is nearly 4 years old and the other child is nearly 6 months old, both born in the UK.

Am I correct in thinking that if our RRV's were granted we would then need to apply for separate Child visa's for both of the kids at a current cost of Aus $2,370 each?

Also, does anyone have current processing times for child visa's such as these? I assume we'd receive 1 year RRV's if granted so I'd be hoping to get child visa's granted as quickly as possible (as I'm sure most people would). I've seen the immigration processing times spreadsheet and it seems to suggest 9-15 months for child visa's, is that correct?

Thanks.

Last edited by wafc; Apr 2nd 2017 at 4:03 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

extrobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RRV & Child Visa's

Can't help yo on the visa requirement question, but visa processing times are published HERE
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by extrobe
Can't help yo on the visa requirement question, but visa processing times are published HERE
Thanks. That link is where I got the timescales from in my original post, however I'm sure I've read that if you submit child visa's to London (is that different than where you would normally submit them?) then they are usually dealt with quite quickly? Does anyone know if that is correct?

If we got a RRV of 1 year I'm sure they couldn't expect you to wait 9-15 months for child visa's as most people would miss their entry point or one of us would have to move on our own, which isn't really going to happen.

Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
Thanks. That link is where I got the timescales from in my original post, however I'm sure I've read that if you submit child visa's to London (is that different than where you would normally submit them?) then they are usually dealt with quite quickly? Does anyone know if that is correct?

If we got a RRV of 1 year I'm sure they couldn't expect you to wait 9-15 months for child visa's as most people would miss their entry point or one of us would have to move on our own, which isn't really going to happen.

Thanks.
The timing of the RRV will be of no interest or relevanceto whoever is processing the child visa, I'm afraid. They don't work like that.
There is also the possibility that you may only get 3 month RRVs.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The timing of the RRV will be of no interest or relevanceto whoever is processing the child visa, I'm afraid. They don't work like that.
There is also the possibility that you may only get 3 month RRVs.
I understand all that Pollyanna and I'm aware our RRV's won't really concern them but are you able to assist with my queries regarding if we will need to complete child visa applications for both kids and if they are sent to London is there some faster processing times than the ones listed on the link provided? I'm sure I read on here something about submitting them to London and how there was very little wait time on them.

I'd imagine there must be people with similar situations in gaining a 1 year RRV (or even 3 months) but needing to submit applications for Child visa's as well. I can't imagine they all have to move to Oz prior to their child visa's being granted.

Thanks.

Last edited by wafc; Apr 3rd 2017 at 1:12 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure about London but when I did Child visa for my daughter in November of 2016 in India and her Child visa was granted in Jan of 2017. So it was just over a month in processing. The dates there are just estimates, When I posted my queries about child visa someone told me that in London it is faster but I cannot vouch for that. Look at this below thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...t-visa-887802/

In the worst case scenario, you could take your children on a tourist visa till the child visa is granted. But your children need to exit Australia as soon as the offshore Child visa is granted to enter on a permanent visa.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you for the info giri26, that's helpful. Yes it was your post on the link provided which I've read previously which states that there is very little wait when applying for a child visa at the London office. Hopefully that's still the case.

Thanks.

Last edited by wafc; Apr 4th 2017 at 6:15 am.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 7:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
I understand all that Pollyanna and I'm aware our RRV's won't really concern them but are you able to assist with my queries regarding if we will need to complete child visa applications for both kids and if they are sent to London is there some faster processing times than the ones listed on the link provided? I'm sure I read on here something about submitting them to London and how there was very little wait time on them.

I'd imagine there must be people with similar situations in gaining a 1 year RRV (or even 3 months) but needing to submit applications for Child visa's as well. I can't imagine they all have to move to Oz prior to their child visa's being granted.

Thanks.
No idea about child visa timelines or I would've included that info in my post
Old Apr 4th 2017, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

You probably already found this document bit of light reading https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1128.pdf
Old Apr 4th 2017, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by garyp
You probably already found this document bit of light reading https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1128.pdf
Thanks Gary.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Jenny Baker is an unknown quantity at this point

The location for processing is determined by where the applicant is living. If you are in the UK then your application would be processed in London. Current processing times might be shown as approx. 12 months, but they can, and do, come through quicker. Depends how good your documentation is and if you have already provided police clearance certificates, etc. You must hold valid visas to be eligible to act as your Child's sponsor so you may need to renew your RRV first.
As with anything to do with a visa application, you should be seeking professional advice from a Registered Migration Agent.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jenny Baker
The location for processing is determined by where the applicant is living. If you are in the UK then your application would be processed in London. Current processing times might be shown as approx. 12 months, but they can, and do, come through quicker. Depends how good your documentation is and if you have already provided police clearance certificates, etc. You must hold valid visas to be eligible to act as your Child's sponsor so you may need to renew your RRV first.
As with anything to do with a visa application, you should be seeking professional advice from a Registered Migration Agent.
Thanks Jenny.

I thought the online applications went to a different location to the paper ones but obviously not. So it shouldn't matter whether we apply for our Child visa's online or via post (assuming we get to that stage). I'd always apply online if possible then.

Cheers.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm. On BE we don't think anything to do with a visa application should automatically be done by a professional, is there a reason you think so? Are you an agent by any chance?
Old Apr 4th 2017, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Jenny Baker is an unknown quantity at this point

Child visa applications are paper-based and not available electronically.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Child visa applications are paper-based and not available electronically.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.