RRV, but need visa's for my children!

Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RRV, but need visa's for my children!

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
The responses you refer to, whether sarcastic or not, were correct. Also Post 2 from January indicated that you should apply for the child visas once you have the RRVs.

It is only yourself that is putting you and your family at risk of not being able to move to Australia - if that is indeed your plan.
Yet another star seeker, who can offer nothing but tripe!

Get a life and stop living through a laptop! "If indeed that is your plan" have you heard yourself!!

London Immi office, have already stated to me that I can enter on a Tourist visa no problems.

Muppets the lot of you!
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Pollyanna - Their responses were not helpful merely sarcastic and mocking, so no thanks required.

The more I read this forum the more innocent questions I see being posed by newcomers that are simply greeted with ridicule or sarcasm by the establishment.

Get a life! If its not constructive or well mannered dont bother. I am sure someone will come back with the old "this is a forum,so opinions count" etc or "If you dont like it dont post" but thats a cop out used by people who gain stars based on the number of reponses posted!

I wouldnt mind but the sarcastic advice offered is more often than not wrong.
I think you should re-read JAJ's if you think it is not helpful He has answered your question, AND warned you to think ahead.

They both made a valid point, IMO. Applying for the Child Visa as soon as the RRV was granted would've given you more time.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Get a life and stop living through a laptop!
Actually, I'm using a desktop PC.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 4:02 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another star seeker, who can offer nothing but tripe!

Get a life and stop living through a laptop! "If indeed that is your plan" have you heard yourself!!

London Immi office, have already stated to me that I can enter on a Tourist visa no problems.

Muppets the lot of you!
Yes your children can enter on a tourist visa or evisitor as apprpriate. However, as already suggested by JAJ, you should consider what to do if the visas are refused for an reason

Now quit being rude to those trying to help you.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 4:02 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Actually, I'm using a desktop PC.
And I'm on an ipad
Old Nov 1st 2013, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And I'm on an ipad
It's nice to type on a proper keyboard - typing on an ipad can be so irritating.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Dear YamYam- take the relevant bits of advice that may be useful to you- & good luck with it all.
I'm really lost as to why people have to make it so personal when someone merely asked a question though- it really puts me off being on these boards sometimes. It would be understandable on a chat thread- but this was serious request for help?
Old Nov 1st 2013, 5:21 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by campervanfan
Dear YamYam- take the relevant bits of advice that may be useful to you- & good luck with it all.
I'm really lost as to why people have to make it so personal when someone merely asked a question though- it really puts me off being on these boards sometimes. It would be understandable on a chat thread- but this was serious request for help?
And the replies were not abusive. Both Bermudashorts and JAJ contribute a huge amount to this forum, helping people out, and both of them asked the same question that I was thinking myself - why did the OP wait so long before applying for the Chld Visas? Especially when there had aready been a discussion advising the OP to apply asap for the Child Visas. In addition, JAJ supplied information on a possible move to Aus using tourist visas - and raised the issue of possible rejection.

If the OP chooses to ask for help on an internet forum he/she must accept whatever replies they get.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 1st 2013 at 5:24 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

i never said abusive tho- but heavy on the sarkiness at times. Still- yes if we put ourselves out to ask a question publicly- we deserve all we get
Old Nov 1st 2013, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by campervanfan
i never said abusive tho- but heavy on the sarkiness at times. Still- yes if we put ourselves out to ask a question publicly- we deserve all we get
It also depends on how someone reads plain text on their screen that carries no tone of voice or visual cues of what else the person may mean. Replies can easily be read in different ways, whether or not any of those ways was the intention.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Muppet!
Right back at you. You were given a 12 month lifeline and you blew it. Now you can only take the high risk strategy of sneaking the children in on tourist visas. Muppet.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:10 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I wish someone would call me a muppet, they're very cute Especially Miss Piggy, who's my favourite. A muppet with attitude, that's what I want to be.

This message has been sent from a laptop owning muppet with attitude
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Right back at you. You were given a 12 month lifeline and you blew it. Now you can only take the high risk strategy of sneaking the children in on tourist visas. Muppet.
True colours indeed!

There is no sneaking about it and nothing has been blown. Using that method of entry is perfectly legitimate and legal as I have been advised by the london office. The fact all of you self appointed experts neglect to mention is that even if I had applied straight away I may have run the risk of rejection because a child visa needs the parental visa to be valid at time of approval and the london office were quoting 9 months minimum for processing. This may have been more so what would happen then with my visa void and my childs application rejected!!

The problem I have with all of this is the "why didnt you do this or do that" and "why have you waited so long?? That bit of info is none of your business and is not relevent. I cant back track can I? I asked a question with a set of circumstances obviously attached to that. I could have a personal issue which may or may not have prevented me from applying for visa's .....no one knows this, yet sad individuals like to look big on the forum and try to belittle by attempting to display a certain level of knowledge based on what I should have done.

I happen to respect the levels of knowledge on this forum in part, but the manner of delivery is down right disrespectful!

Oh and as i predicted it only took a few posts later for someone to use the old line "well if you use an online forum you put yourself out there"

Carry on spouting your rubbish muppets!
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:59 pm
Home and Happy

True colours indeed!

There is no sneaking about it and nothing has been blown. Using that method of entry is perfectly legitimate and legal as I have been advised by the london office. The fact all of you self appointed experts neglect to mention is that even if I had applied straight away I may have run the risk of rejection because a child visa needs the parental visa to be valid at time of approval and the london office were quoting 9 months minimum for processing. This may have been more so what would happen then with my visa void and my childs application rejected!!

The problem I have with all of this is the "why didnt you do this or do that" and "why have you waited so long?? That bit of info is none of your business and is not relevent. I cant back track can I? I asked a question with a set of circumstances obviously attached to that. I could have a personal issue which may or may not have prevented me from applying for visa's .....no one knows this, yet sad individuals like to look big on the forum and try to belittle by attempting to display a certain level of knowledge based on what I should have done.

I happen to respect the levels of knowledge on this forum in part, but the manner of delivery is down right disrespectful!

Oh and as i predicted it only took a few posts later for someone to use the old line "well if you use an online forum you put yourself out there"

Carry on spouting your rubbish muppets!
Have you considered the fact that although you cannot backtrack, others in your position in the future may find the advice useful?

Thread closed, predictably enough.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

The fact all of you self appointed experts neglect to mention is that even if I had applied straight away I may have run the risk of rejection because a child visa needs the parental visa to be valid at time of approval and the london office were quoting 9 months minimum for processing. This may have been more so what would happen then with my visa void and my childs application rejected!!
Actually, the possibility of refusal was mentioned by someone in this thread:
Originally Posted by JAJ
Also, what would be the plan if their visas were refused for some reason? Unusual on child visas, but you have to plan for every situation.
Looking briefly at a couple of other posts on these forums, it seems that since you activated your Australian visa you've also got visas for Canada. You seem to be wanting to get away from the UK, and have also spent time in the Middle East. Do you know for sure what you want for your family in terms of country to live in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.