RRV, but need visa's for my children!

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default RRV, but need visa's for my children!

Hi all

Both myself and my wife are previous PR holders, but regretably we let that status slip. Now we have 2 lovely boys in tow and our choice to let our PR visas run out is now becoming a big regret. Having done some research I think we will be eligable for resident return visas (duration not known), but that presents us with the problem of having 2 children with no visas. I can only presume that we need visas to enable us to apply for the boys, but is time a factor? Any learned thought or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV, but need visa's for my children!

So apply for the RRV and then when you have it apply for the child visas.

Why do you think you will be eligible for the RRV?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Looking at the criteria, I meet the requirements. What I was getting at was the period the RRV may be granted for. It seems it could be anything from 12 to 3 months, so if I need to be in country can I apply or child visas in Aus?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
Looking at the criteria, I meet the requirements. What I was getting at was the period the RRV may be granted for. It seems it could be anything from 12 to 3 months, so if I need to be in country can I apply or child visas in Aus?
So how do you meet the requirements? Is it because you spent 2 years in Australia? If so you would get a 5 year RRV. Anything less and you will either get the 12 month visa or nothing. The 3 months visa is typically issued in "emergency" situations, which this is not.

You would get the RRV and then apply for the child visa (offshore). I am not sure what is your question?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, you have answered my question in a round about way already!

Cheers

Liam
Old Oct 31st 2013, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
So how do you meet the requirements? Is it because you spent 2 years in Australia? If so you would get a 5 year RRV. Anything less and you will either get the 12 month visa or nothing. The 3 months visa is typically issued in "emergency" situations, which this is not.

You would get the RRV and then apply for the child visa (offshore). I am not sure what is your question?
We were granted our RRV's for 12 month period, but applications for our childrens visa's remains an issue. London are quoting 9 months for a child visa, so we havent got enough time to apply as we have a final date to be in Australia of next May!

Can I take my children into Aus on Tourist visa's and apply for their PR visa's in Aus?
Old Oct 31st 2013, 10:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

We were granted our RRV's for 12 month period, but applications for our childrens visa's remains an issue. London are quoting 9 months for a child visa, so we havent got enough time to apply as we have a final date to be in Australia of next May!

Can I take my children into Aus on Tourist visa's and apply for their PR visa's in Aus?
I don't think so - If you apply for child visas now, and they are not ready before you need to leave, if you contact CO nearer the time you may be able to do this under those circumstances. You may want to contact an experienced MARA agent for advice
Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

So ... you were issued 12 month RRVs, issued in May - and it's November and only now are you asking about your children's visas? What have you been waiting for these last five months?

The system works at its convenience, not yours, and tourist status is for genuine visitors to Australia, not for those intending to remain. That said, if you apply for their PR visas in London they could enter Australia as tourists during processing, but you'll need a plan to deal with issues like healthcare and would have to go offshore for visa grant.

Also, what would be the plan if their visas were refused for some reason? Unusual on child visas, but you have to plan for every situation.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The plan advised in January was to apply for your RRV and then apply for the child visa when you had it. I would have thought it would be patently obvious that you needed to do this more or less the same day! For heavens sake why did you leave it for six months knowing your own visa has a life of 12 months. You just cannot help some people...
Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I don't think so - If you apply for child visas now, and they are not ready before you need to leave, if you contact CO nearer the time you may be able to do this under those circumstances. You may want to contact an experienced MARA agent for advice
Thanks for the advice! I will contact an agent as you suggest.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The plan advised in January was to apply for your RRV and then apply for the child visa when you had it. I would have thought it would be patently obvious that you needed to do this more or less the same day! For heavens sake why did you leave it for six months knowing your own visa has a life of 12 months. You just cannot help some people...
Muppet!
Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
So ... you were issued 12 month RRVs, issued in May - and it's November and only now are you asking about your children's visas? What have you been waiting for these last five months?

The system works at its convenience, not yours, and tourist status is for genuine visitors to Australia, not for those intending to remain. That said, if you apply for their PR visas in London they could enter Australia as tourists during processing, but you'll need a plan to deal with issues like healthcare and would have to go offshore for visa grant.

Also, what would be the plan if their visas were refused for some reason? Unusual on child visas, but you have to plan for every situation.
Muppet!
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Muppet!
Muppet!
Not really the way to thank people who are trying to helpyou out, is it?
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not really the way to thank people who are trying to helpyou out, is it?
Pollyanna - Their responses were not helpful merely sarcastic and mocking, so no thanks required.

The more I read this forum the more innocent questions I see being posed by newcomers that are simply greeted with ridicule or sarcasm by the establishment.

Get a life! If its not constructive or well mannered dont bother. I am sure someone will come back with the old "this is a forum,so opinions count" etc or "If you dont like it dont post" but thats a cop out used by people who gain stars based on the number of reponses posted!

I wouldnt mind but the sarcastic advice offered is more often than not wrong.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt mind but the sarcastic advice offered is more often than not wrong.
The responses you refer to, whether sarcastic or not, were correct. Also Post 2 from January indicated that you should apply for the child visas once you have the RRVs.

It is only yourself that is putting you and your family at risk of not being able to move to Australia - if that is indeed your plan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.