RRV

Old Sep 6th 2018, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

caraca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RRV

Can anyone help me. I applied for a RRV in April and I am still waiting. I know I don't have the sufficient days and read it takes up to 12 weeks. It states can take up to 12 weeks. It is clear on that "up to 12 weeks" I was sad when I read it but accepted it and I have been waiting ever since. Now it is 4½ months. Is this normal?
Old Sep 7th 2018, 12:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV

Applied from where?
Old Sep 8th 2018, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

caraca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Applied from where?
I applied online through my immi account, I am living in Dundee at present. (British).
Old Sep 8th 2018, 11:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caraca
I applied online through my immi account, I am living in Dundee at present. (British).
So you're currently offshore, with a PR visa but presumably with no current RRV? Could be why its taking longer, its not as straightforward as if you were onshore with 2 years residence etc.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 12:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

London has lost a lot of staff over the last twelve months. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are just backlogged.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

It will take longer if it is a complex case (ie, as in yours, it is offshore and you don't meet the residence requirement).

Wait times of all types have blown out in the past two years. Citizenship applications are now running at 15-18 months.

If you meet the residence requirement and are on-shore, and apply using immi, RRVs should be granted same day.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 10:21 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a timeframe after which a RRV application will be rejected when it comes to the date a person's PR visa can no longer be used to return to Australia and the time of application for the RRV if one is abroad?

Say you lived in Australia for over a year (as a PR) and then left abroad, and two years have passed since your right to return on the PR visa. Is there a point at which they'll just reject the RRV outright and make you do the PR process all over again?
Old Sep 12th 2018, 10:26 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Is there a timeframe after which a RRV application will be rejected when it comes to the date a person's PR visa can no longer be used to return to Australia and the time of application for the RRV if one is abroad?

Say you lived in Australia for over a year (as a PR) and then left abroad, and two years have passed since your right to return on the PR visa. Is there a point at which they'll just reject the RRV outright and make you do the PR process all over again?
Seems to be a case by case basis. I've seen some people get RRVs after spending 9-10 years offshore.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 11:17 am

Ten years is the absolute limit.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 12:15 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Ten years is the absolute limit.
That's worth knowing, thanks
Old Sep 12th 2018, 3:59 pm

astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, so overall it seems that it's still worth trying for a RRV if it's been 2-3 years instead of going for a new PR application.

Speaking of doing the PR route all over again, does it get easier/quicker the second time around since we're still married and both kids are now Australian citizens?
Old Sep 12th 2018, 6:03 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks, so overall it seems that it's still worth trying for a RRV if it's been 2-3 years instead of going for a new PR application.

Speaking of doing the PR route all over again, does it get easier/quicker the second time around since we're still married and both kids are now Australian citizens?
Nope, just as expensive and you go in the queue with everyone else.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

both kids are now Australian citizens?
That should help on the RRV front.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 10:06 am

Many thanks, that clears things up as far as ditching the "new PR application" idea is concerned.

I read that the RRV is valid for 5 years but when does the countdown actually begin? Is it the day you receive an email from them that it's approved? Or the day you go through Australian immigration upon arrival? Just trying to plan ahead and then not waste much of its validity once granted...

Also, the 2 yrs residence in Australia is actually living there or simply being in the country with PR status (we travelled quite a few times for extended stays before actually making the final move)?
Old Sep 13th 2018, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

RRVs are valid for (1 or) 5 years from the date of issue.

The 2 years in Australia is simply time in the country (including both days of arrival and departure).