RRV

Old Nov 27th 2014, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice
Default Re: RRV

A wee copy & paste from email from agent
The regulations are that you must apply within 5 years from your last departure date from Australia. And I am over that by about 7 months
Old Nov 27th 2014, 1:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billy0911
The regulations are that you must apply within 5 years from your last departure date from Australia. And I am over that by about 7 months
A wee copy and paste from RRV Page, DIBP website

Subclass 155 Resident Return visa

You might be able to be granted this visa if you:
•have spent a period totalling two years in the last five years in Australia as either an Australian permanent resident or citizen (the 'residence requirement').
•have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but can satisfy the processing officer that you have substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia, and:
◦are lodging while in Australia and can show compelling reasons for any continuous absence from Australia of more than five years;
◦are lodging while overseas, were a permanent resident or citizen when you last departed Australia and can show compelling reasons for any continuous absence from Australia of more than five years;
◦are lodging while overseas, were a permanent resident or citizen in the last 10 years and can show compelling reasons for absence(s) over five years;
•have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are the partner or dependent family member of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa, or who has also applied for a Resident Return visa and satisfies criteria for grant.
(The bold is my highlighting)

Page here - Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157)
Old Nov 27th 2014, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Well your agent is wrong.

You need to show compelling reasons for your absence if you are outside Australia for more than five years.

It would still be interesting to get those dates cleared up. We know you left Australia February 2009.

But it is not clear when your visa expired because the dates you have given for visa grant and visa expiry do not stack up.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Yip OS that goes with what she has said, as I said i think it's doubtful but we can only try
Old Nov 27th 2014, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi OS, that seems to agree with what she has said and nothing is ever guaranteed, we have put a supporting statement giving compelling reasons etc
And we have just submitted the application for my wife, as we think we will get refused so only one lot of money at risk.
I would like to thank you for your Input and I will put the dates of the original visa up tomorrow.
I will say though the agent has been brilliant
Old Nov 27th 2014, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi OS, that seems to agree with what she has said and nothing is ever guaranteed, we have put a supporting statement giving compelling reasons etc
And we have just submitted the application for my wife, as we think we will get refused so only one lot of money at risk.
I would like to thank you for your Input and I will put the dates of the original visa up tomorrow.
I will say though the agent has been brilliant
Visa was granted 29 June 06, with initial entry by 11 Nov 06
Old Nov 27th 2014, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Visa was granted 29 June 06, with initial entry by 11 Nov 06
So it expired in June 2011, not February 2014 as you stated earlier?

You haven't applied for a RRV previously?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Feb 2014 I was then out of the country for 5 years
And no did not apply for RRV
Old Nov 27th 2014, 8:54 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Billy - this does not make sense. I was granted a 139 before you. My visa label has an initial entry date, but it also has a sentence that says Must not arrive after 5 Nov 10, exactly 5 years after the visa was granted. Are you certain that your "must not arrive after" date is Feb 2014 rather than June 2011?
The main way that it could be Feb 14 is if you applied for a RRV, say when you were going back to the uk, and were granted one? However if that were the case your 139 visa would have a "label inoperative" stamped on it?
Regardless fingers crossed for you getting one
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scotty1
Billy - this does not make sense. I was granted a 139 before you. My visa label has an initial entry date, but it also has a sentence that says Must not arrive after 5 Nov 10, exactly 5 years after the visa was granted. Are you certain that your "must not arrive after" date is Feb 2014 rather than June 2011?
The main way that it could be Feb 14 is if you applied for a RRV, say when you were going back to the uk, and were granted one? However if that were the case your 139 visa would have a "label inoperative" stamped on it?
Regardless fingers crossed for you getting one
I have been trying to establish this for days, so has slackbloke. I think billy is very, very confused about visas.

But I am slowly deducing that there is no relevance to the February 2014 date previously given, other than that is the five year anniversary of leaving the country.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BS
You are quite correct as stated in post #38
Scott
You are also correct, i have the must enter before June 11 in visa stamp
Thanks to all for their input it is much appreciated
Old Dec 5th 2014, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Well a wee update,
Diama have asked for details of my in laws illness.
So they have not flung it out,
My In laws are writing to their doctors to get the required Info
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Well first of all I want to thank everyone for their input on my case.
But We Got the RRV and it's for 12 months
How happy are we
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:43 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Well first of all I want to thank everyone for their input on my case.
But We Got the RRV and it's for 12 months
How happy are we
Congrats

Did everyone put there application in together?
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

THANKS
No it was just my wife (she has the skill) as we were not expecting to get the visa and that way we were only risking one fee, the families visa applications are going in today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.