RRV

Old Oct 18th 2014, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice
Default RRV

Hi Guys
Well our wee story is:
We stayed in Australia for two years of the five years but
My mother to seriously ill and passed away while I was on the way back to see her, a few months later
We went back to Scotland on a pre planned trip and saw my in laws were fairly ill, so we decided to go back and to look after them as their was No-one at that time who could do that
A short while later my father in law was diagnosed with angina
Then a short while later my mother in law had a major stroke
And her recovery was slow
Then my father in law had an heart attack and had to have a triple bypass, after that op he collapsed and died but fortunately he was resuscitated
Our permenant residents visa expired last year
What do the members think our chances are of getting an RRV
We do have an agent and she does not think we will get it, just
Hoping she is being pessimistic
The main visa holder will have a job offer

Many thanks in advance

B&V
Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice
Default Re: RRV

Sorry about the grammar I typed this on my phone
Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

How long ago did the travel part of your PR visa expire? And how long ago did you leave Australia?
Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

We left Jan 2009, and it's been just over the five years, as well as my mother passing away (I was on my way back and was in Sydney airport when I found out she passed away) this greatly unsettled us and also my mother's partner passed away after we came back.
The in laws have been extremely ill and not been able to look after themselves, do we have a chance?
Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billy0911
We left Jan 2009, and it's been just over the five years, as well as my mother passing away (I was on my way back and was in Sydney airport when I found out she passed away) this greatly unsettled us and also my mother's partner passed away after we came back.
The in laws have been extremely ill and not been able to look after themselves, do we have a chance?
Why didn't you apply in 2012?

Either way, I think you have to listen to your agent. All the info on RRV's is here - Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157)
Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

We did not apply because We were given incorrect advice by an agent
Old Oct 19th 2014, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

And how rude of me, thanks for the info Old Sparkles
And yes we will listen to our agent
Just want to have an idea if we MIGHT get the visa or is it dead in the water before we even apply
Old Oct 19th 2014, 3:07 am

And how rude of me, thanks for the info Old Sparkles
And yes we will listen to our agent
Just want to have an idea if we MIGHT get the visa or is it dead in the water before we even apply
I wouldn't say it's dead in the water - if you look at the link and read the options for those who haven't spent 2 of the last 5 years in Australia you will see that is not a dead cert either
Old Oct 19th 2014, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't imagine this helps, but got a high school to accept my son
Daughter has been told she can apply for a nursing course at Tafe, as well as my wife having a job offer, and yes I know the visa is not a cert either
Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Don't imagine this helps, but got a high school to accept my son
Daughter has been told she can apply for a nursing course at Tafe, as well as my wife having a job offer, and yes I know the visa is not a cert either
Yes you might get a RRV. Or you might not. You will never know and neither will anyone else unless you try. I recommend the person with the job offer tries first of all by themselves. If it is successful the rest of you put in your applications.

As you have left it over five years, you will have to show compelling reasons for your absence. I guess you will have no choice but to see if your family situation will work, but to be honest that is a simple fact of migration, that is that family members can become ill and maybe even die.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes I agree with your sentiments BS
Old Nov 25th 2014, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all
Well that's our RRV application submitted, my wife got a job offer, my daughter has been told she can go to Tafe for general nursing all providing we get the visa,
so hears hoping

B & V
Old Nov 25th 2014, 1:31 am

Hi all
Well that's our RRV application submitted, my wife got a job offer, my daughter has been told she can go to Tafe for general nursing all providing we get the visa,
so hears hoping

B & V
for you all
Old Nov 25th 2014, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just wondered about your timeline; you said you spent two years out of five in Australia and left in Jan 2009, but your PR (or the travel part of it) expired last year, which means it would have started in 2008? Were you on a different visa at the start?
Old Nov 25th 2014, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi SB.
Our old visa (139) has expired, our agent is not hopeful but says you never know, we have an excellent supporting statement, however we are expecting a no, but still hoping,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.