RRV - the 2 out of 5yr rule???

Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about
Default RRV - the 2 out of 5yr rule???

I have had my PR 175 Visa granted recently. For purposes of the RRV, the requirement shown is "You must have spent two (2) of the last five (5) years in Australia as a permanent resident", does anyone know if these 2years or 720 days have to be together (without leaving austrailia) or can they involve different periods of stay in and out of australia? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 1:56 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice
Default Re: RRV - the 2 out of 5yr rule???

Originally Posted by laguna33p
I have had my PR 175 Visa granted recently. For purposes of the RRV, the requirement shown is "You must have spent two (2) of the last five (5) years in Australia as a permanent resident", does anyone know if these 2years or 720 days have to be together (without leaving austrailia) or can they involve different periods of stay in and out of australia? Thanks in advance.
Hello There,
As long as you have spent more than 2 years in Australia as a PR in the last 5 years immediately before applying for the RRV visa you should be fine. The 2 years can be made up of many shorter stays.

Regards
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

Now i have been inofrmed differantly there.....

I have been informed if you leave the country for what ever reason in that 2 years you go back to being 0 effectively and have to start again on making the 2 years up......

i was panicking over a possible funeral (in the uk) and worrying about made up time now for citizenship etc

can some one clarify which is correct??
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:32 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gerry
Now i have been inofrmed differantly there.....

I have been informed if you leave the country for what ever reason in that 2 years you go back to being 0 effectively and have to start again on making the 2 years up......

i was panicking over a possible funeral (in the uk) and worrying about made up time now for citizenship etc

can some one clarify which is correct??
I don't think that's true. As Stephen mentioned in his post, you have to live upto 2 years(either one long stay or different short stays making it 2 years atleast); I checked my self on DIAC website, there isn't any restriction of coming back to zero if you leave Aus in less than 2 years stay. Where did you get his information? May be mis understood/ mis interpretted ??

Regards,
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

Off a friend who was informed the same.....
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gerry
Off a friend who was informed the same.....
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf
It doesnt have to be continuous.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahhh cheers for that