RRV 155 Sub Class Visa (1 Year)


Old Sep 25th 2017, 9:31 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 4
niland123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RRV 155 Sub Class Visa (1 Year)

Hello Team,

Just thought that I would update everybody on our situation regarding the RRV Sub Class Visa.

We fly out to Australia this Thursday 28th and even though we managed to secure a one year lease on a nice apartment (canceled before we were due to pay the bond) have now decided not to go ahead with the move.

The reality of the move and the implications of having to split the family in two, was just too much to bear for both me and the wife.
It breaks our hearts that this will most likely mean that we will find it extremely difficult in the future, if we wish to make the move back to Australia.

I will be in Australia for the best part of the month and my wife and two girls will be flying back to the UK after three weeks.
looking forward to this holiday and catching up with all our friends.

Our new "work in progress plan" is that, if successful with the new RRV application (wish to submit one, whilst we are in Oz) I will come out myself next year and try and complete the required two years living in Australia, for the new 5 year PR.
Wife and all our children will then follow me out, once my son finishes his A level's (June/July 2019)

A have a few question's to ask regarding the above and please accept my thanks & gratitude in advance.

A) My understanding is that we have a better chance of being successful if we apply in Australia? I believe this is referred to as "On Shore"

B) In the short term, it's not really worth proceeding with any RRV applications for the children at this time.

C) If we decide to apply for both me and the wife only, what would be the best strategy to do so? (sorry but we need as much advice as possible)

D) My understanding that once submitted on shore, the time required to process the application, is only three working day's.

All the family's 155 RRV's run out on the 24th October. Wife and two girl's after they leave and my one before I fly home on the 30th Oct.

We were very fortunate last year to be granted 1 year 155's and this will be our wish again.
Hopefully if I can secure another 1 year 155 again, then this will be enough, as I can proceed with plan B and come out next year before the family as mentioned above.
I suppose if the 155 is rejected, it's possible that an 157 (three month RRV) might be granted? unfortunately we will need more time to get ready 2nd time around, so really need the 1 year 155.

Hope that the above makes sense?

Please again, on behalf of myself and my family, accept my many thanks and gratitude for all the sound advice that I have received on the Forum.

Kind regards,

Last edited by niland123; Sep 25th 2017 at 9:41 am.
niland123 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement