Wikiposts

RPL - here we go (fingers crossed)

Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:30 am
Nigel, Vanessa & Pets

manic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant future
Default RPL - here we go (fingers crossed)

I thought i would share some thoughts on the RPL route
and wondered if anyone was also close to submitting their application
to the ACS?

I have just spent approx 4 months completing my full application which consists of in total:
8 CBOK area units of approx 16,500 words (36 pages)
2 Project Reports totalling 3,000 words (6 Pages)
Career History & Reference Letters

tomorrow i'm going to send my application by registered post to AUS
whereby my agent will do the final bits and forward to the ACS.

My advice is to get an agent straight away and dont spend too much work
on essays until the agent has given you some guides. In total i must have re-written the work twice for each CBOK unit and written reports which were not relevant.

My agent was brilliant and has been a source of advice throughout this process.

Also get your reference letters typed out in the correct format and get them sent to the HR departments as soon as possible as these tend to take a long time.

CV and career history: I would start by ensuring your CV history is up-to date and that the employment periods and dates tie up. Then this can be used as the reference point when comparing with the rest of the application
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

anuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really nice
Default Re: RPL - here we go (fingers crossed)

Hi,

I have just started going through the RPL procedure details. Are there agents who guide us through the RPL process. Because the RPL seems to documented in a proper order and wonder if it's advisable to do it on my own. Appreciate your advise friend.

Anuruddha

Originally Posted by manic-miner
I thought i would share some thoughts on the RPL route
and wondered if anyone was also close to submitting their application
to the ACS?

I have just spent approx 4 months completing my full application which consists of in total:
8 CBOK area units of approx 16,500 words (36 pages)
2 Project Reports totalling 3,000 words (6 Pages)
Career History & Reference Letters

tomorrow i'm going to send my application by registered post to AUS
whereby my agent will do the final bits and forward to the ACS.

My advice is to get an agent straight away and dont spend too much work
on essays until the agent has given you some guides. In total i must have re-written the work twice for each CBOK unit and written reports which were not relevant.

My agent was brilliant and has been a source of advice throughout this process.

Also get your reference letters typed out in the correct format and get them sent to the HR departments as soon as possible as these tend to take a long time.

CV and career history: I would start by ensuring your CV history is up-to date and that the employment periods and dates tie up. Then this can be used as the reference point when comparing with the rest of the application
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:05 am
Nigel, Vanessa & Pets

manic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant futuremanic-miner has a brilliant future

I used a well known agent who's name is listed on the 1st topic of this section. His help has been extremely useful.

I found that no one RPL application is the same. I investigated examples
of applications and they all were different in content and quality.

By using an agent i got the support to identify work experience which is valued in the process along with the format of information provided. It is
important to identify how, where and when you learnt the skills you are
stating you have learned.

My agent helped me re-write my CBOK units because they were not
providing the information required by the ACS.

It also helps to have another person to sanity check and proof read
your application for consistency of information.

Originally Posted by anuruddha13
Hi,

I have just started going through the RPL procedure details. Are there agents who guide us through the RPL process. Because the RPL seems to documented in a proper order and wonder if it's advisable to do it on my own. Appreciate your advise friend.

Anuruddha
Old Nov 15th 2006, 9:46 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manic-miner
My agent helped me re-write my CBOK units because they were not
providing the information required by the ACS.
Actually, I think your agent merely offered suggestions/pointers to jog your memory as he probably has extensive industrial knowledge of some of the CBOK areas and relative awareness of the other CBOK areas.

Agents are legally and ethically not supposed to help clients write or re-write their RPLs

Peter
Old Nov 15th 2006, 10:00 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Actually, I think your agent merely offered suggestions/pointers to jog your memory as he probably has extensive industrial knowledge of some of the CBOK areas and relative awareness of the other CBOK areas.

Agents are legally and ethically not supposed to help clients write or re-write their RPLs

Peter
Yes, a responsible agent identifies relevant professional expertise as support for an applicant, instead of pretending that the subject matter is irrelevant, and under no circumstances drafts parts of the RPL document.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Nov 15th 2006, 11:38 pm
Nigel, Vanessa & Pets

You are quite correct in your statement:

I did all the work and are justly proud of the quality of my final application.
It is a process which I enjoyed and now are wondering what to do next.

I guess I will have to wait quite a while for a response from the ACS.

Originally Posted by ptlabs

Peter