British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   RPL + CBOK questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/rpl-cbok-questions-524702/)

valp Mar 26th 2008 11:46 pm

RPL + CBOK questions

Hello,

I've read the information available on the ACS website, however I am still not clear on a few things.. perhaps somebody can clear a few things up for me?

I have 7 years of IT experience (started my career in March 2001, and it's March 2008 currently), no breaks between jobs. I've no degrees whatsoever, in IT or otherwise.
I also don't have any certifications..

Question #1
Is my 7 years of professional experience enough to get RPL?

Question #2
Do I need references from every single job I had?

For instance, one of the companies I worked in no longer exists (they went bankrupt). Another one (the very first one I worked in, at the start of my career) most likely changed all of their personnel 100 times by now, since 7 years passed! How would I even go about getting references from there, you know ?

Thanks for any replies..

valp Mar 27th 2008 5:18 am

Re: RPL + CBOK questions

Anyone?

anuruddha13 Mar 27th 2008 5:47 am

Hi,

I took the RPL option as well but luckily I had all the required letter with me so I hadn't had this issue but will share a few thoughts.

Q1 - I can't comment on this but I know ACS requires 8 years in total for RPL but note quite clear if this is the minimum requirement or not.

Q2 - Yes it's important to have reference letters from every company that you worked at if you want to claim that work experience.

If it's not possible, I believe pay slips from those companies can be used as proofs and guess letters from your colleagues who worked with you in those companies can add some value as well.

Valp though I'm not being much of a help, hope someone can provide you with concrete answers.

Cheers,

newjersey Mar 27th 2008 8:57 am

ACS suggests 8 years of full-time IT experience as a guide. Experience claims should be supported by the reference letters, and if the company no longer exists then your former colleagues/managers could do a statutory declaration instead of the proper ref letters.

Did you talk to an agent about other options ex. ACS?

NJ

valp Mar 27th 2008 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by newjersey (Post 6117616)
Did you talk to an agent about other options ex. ACS?

NJ

No, what options are those?

newjersey Mar 28th 2008 8:12 am

Well, you have to do your points first. You might have a chance to go through VETASSESS after a 50-point occupation, but I do not know much about their assessment criteria. If this will get you over the pass mark, then you are in. If you are coming short, you may consider state or employer sponsored visas - I assume you have no family in Oz who to sponsor you.
NJ