Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Royal Mail International Signed For - HELP!!

Royal Mail International Signed For - HELP!!

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

pokerface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Mail International Signed For - HELP!!

Hi
Still have no tracking info so not sure if our meds have left the UK or not! Been back in touch with the surgery that did our meds & was told 9 times out of 10 they get a receipt from Sydney that they have been received & they will call me as soon as they have that. I wouldn't recommend anybody using Royal Mail if you don't want to get stressed out!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

I have jsut checked on Royal Mail website and had the the following message -

"item has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA."

However when i read the terms under the "Internation Signed for" page this was what was listed:

Send an item to almost anywhere in the world
Secure delivery of an item up to 5kg
A signature taken at the destination
Compensation for loss or damage
From just £3.50 plus Airmail or Surface Mail price

Therefore surely if this is what is stated there would have to be some way of tracking the package at DESTINATION......
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but they have to specifically request it from lots of countries (including oz), which can take months for them to get back with the signature. They do not log it into a system which you can access from the UK (the countries that offer airsure is all tracked, but Oz is not one of them).
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
I have jsut checked on Royal Mail website and had the the following message -

"item has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA."

However when i read the terms under the "Internation Signed for" page this was what was listed:

Send an item to almost anywhere in the world
Secure delivery of an item up to 5kg
A signature taken at the destination
Compensation for loss or damage
From just £3.50 plus Airmail or Surface Mail price

Therefore surely if this is what is stated there would have to be some way of tracking the package at DESTINATION......

Yes, there is supposed to be a signature but the Australian postal system use a different consignment number to the original Royal Mail one and it is virtually impossible to cross reference them. I tried that and although oz post were very understanding, there was little they could do to help me.
Better news though, my TRA application did eventually arrive at its destination although it does nothing for the stress levels wondering what the hell has happened to it.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

I emailed Australia Post to enquire about some items that I sent via the International signed for service. They responded very quickly but this is what was said:-

If the article is well overdue or the addressee claims non delivery then as per the Universal Postal Union regulations, the sender is required to initiate an enquiry in country of origin. Hence I suggest the sender to lodge a complaint in country of origin for further details. We regret very much for the caused inconvenience.

Not very helpful really.

Charlie
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 12:29 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Think the conclusion is - never use Royal Mail for sending any special things to Australia, it's just not worth the hassle!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisling
Yes, there is supposed to be a signature but the Australian postal system use a different consignment number to the original Royal Mail one and it is virtually impossible to cross reference them. I tried that and although oz post were very understanding, there was little they could do to help me.
Better news though, my TRA application did eventually arrive at its destination although it does nothing for the stress levels wondering what the hell has happened to it.
Good Luck with your application
Amanda
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
Good Luck with your application
Amanda
Thanks Amanda, I actually passed TRA last year but the royal mail pissed me off that much I'm still seething lol.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

QUOTE=chrisling;7204918]Thanks Amanda, I actually passed TRA last year but the royal mail pissed me off that much I'm still seething lol.[/QUOTE]

haha.......Having a bad day....never spotted the footer information......

Well belated congratulations.......
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

From experience, DO NOT send important documents via RM International signed for! Use a private courier instead.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

brighter2moro is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TMRE
www.auspost.com.au
Contact us section, nice email giving UK reference number, when it was sent and where it was sent to. Usually gets a reply within 2-3 days
Was just about to post this. It's not accurate that you can't get a definitive answer from Royal Mail International Signed For - you just won't get it from Royal Mail! Australia Post can track it down for you, given a couple of days.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
You can track them UNLTIL they leave the UK, and they can confirm they have been signed for. It is just if they go missing between the UK and the door that there is a problem.

If you have been given wrong info then phone post office counters and let them know. There is not a more secure method with royal mail than that though.
There is a better method with Royal Mail - parcelforce. Little bit more expensive, but fully trackable start to finish.

Royal Mail Intl signed for can take 4-5 weeks I'm afraid - thats how long it took for my first skills assessment to arrive. Parcelforce took 5 days door to door.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:13 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I used www.interparcel.com for my application and medicals and will be using them again for requested documents by the c.o.
They are cheaper than DHL but use DHL. Application was £25 medicals £20
I tracked the items from and to the destination in Canberra. The system is updated every few hours.
Royal Mail never even bother to check our house number and i am constantly doing their job redelivering items so there was no way i was trusting them with my application items!!
I needed better peace of mind than Royal mail could not offer.
J x
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

brighter2moro is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NikiL
There is a better method with Royal Mail - parcelforce. Little bit more expensive, but fully trackable start to finish.

Royal Mail Intl signed for can take 4-5 weeks I'm afraid - thats how long it took for my first skills assessment to arrive.
It's extremely unusual for it to take that long, though. Usually RM Intl Signed For is out of the country within a week and at it's destination within ten days. That's my experience, and I send skills assessment bodies and DIAC a lot of mail.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:55 pm
doncaster....to....perth

midds will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I used www.interparcel.com for my application and medicals and will be using them again for requested documents by the c.o.
They are cheaper than DHL but use DHL. Application was £25 medicals £20
I tracked the items from and to the destination in Canberra. The system is updated every few hours.
Royal Mail never even bother to check our house number and i am constantly doing their job redelivering items so there was no way i was trusting them with my application items!!
I needed better peace of mind than Royal mail could not offer.
J x

We also used this and found it brilliant due to being updated daily, it may cost more but it's a lot better for the nerves lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.