Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Royal Mail International Signed For - HELP!!

Royal Mail International Signed For - HELP!!

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

pokerface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Royal Mail International Signed For - HELP!!

Hi
I have been told by the Panel Doctor who did our meds that they were posted on 19th Jan & was given the tracking ref. I have checked Royal Mail website everyday since & am not getting any tracking info. I rang the Surgery who told me not to panic as it can take a few days to show! Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Mail International Signed For - HELP!!

It can take a few days, but if you want peace of mind ring up the Royal mail, they have a different system which they can see more info on.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:00 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pokerface
Hi
I have been told by the Panel Doctor who did our meds that they were posted on 19th Jan & was given the tracking ref. I have checked Royal Mail website everyday since & am not getting any tracking info. I rang the Surgery who told me not to panic as it can take a few days to show! Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks.
Hello, Royal Mail can't track 'signed for' things to Australia, they stop tracking it as soon as it leaves UK, cos there is no agreement between the 2 countries postal systems. It's most annoying! Am sure your docs will get there tho
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PamE
Hello, Royal Mail can't track 'signed for' things to Australia, they stop tracking it as soon as it leaves UK, cos there is no agreement between the 2 countries postal systems. It's most annoying! Am sure your docs will get there tho
Hi

That's interesting. I have just posted off my State Sponsorship and was informed by the Post Office Manager that i would be able to track the documents and confirm that they had been signed for in Australia. So am a bit annoyed if i have been given the wrong information.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

You can track them UNLTIL they leave the UK, and they can confirm they have been signed for. It is just if they go missing between the UK and the door that there is a problem.

If you have been given wrong info then phone post office counters and let them know. There is not a more secure method with royal mail than that though.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

fairydust300980 is on a distinguished road

It took 2 weeks for my papers to get to Vetassess and the Royal mail website still doesn't say it's been signed for. I asked Vetassess directly to let me know when they received it which they did thankfully!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

I used RM International Signed for a couple of times to Aus, and both times it stopped tracking the day it left the UK, and never updated to say it had been delivered/signed for. The papers did get delivered though.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
Hi

That's interesting. I have just posted off my State Sponsorship and was informed by the Post Office Manager that i would be able to track the documents and confirm that they had been signed for in Australia. So am a bit annoyed if i have been given the wrong information.
I was told the same thing with my TRA application, it's a complete crock. I will NEVER use royal mail again for international postage.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:23 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrisling
I was told the same thing with my TRA application, it's a complete crock. I will NEVER use royal mail again for international postage.
Me either - I don't understand why the Post Office actually sells International Signed for to Australia, when they know there is no tracking outside UK, and no confirmation of delivery will be given! Next time we have similar to send, will def use a courier regardless of expense - this whole process is stressful enough without not being able to know if your docs have arrived or not. Nightmare!

To OP - remember tho, it's so so rare are for anything to go missing, so try not to worry too much!

Last edited by PamE; Jan 22nd 2009 at 12:25 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrisling
I think the only way round it is to contact the State Department next week and confirm they have received my Sponsorship Application.

I don't want to be sat waiting and 8 weeks down the line find out they never even received it.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PamE
Me either - I don't understand why the Post Office actually sells International Signed for to Australia, when they know there is no tracking outside UK, and no confirmation of delivery will be given!
Because Trading Standards haven't put a stop to them doing so?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Because they have in the terms and conditions on their website all about how it works, which doesn't help you much when the person at the post office does not know what they are selling.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Because they have in the terms and conditions on their website all about how it works, which doesn't help you much when the person at the post office does not know what they are selling.
That may not be sufficient to protect against a misleading trade description, of course what is and is not a "misleading trade description" is open to interpretation.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

The name of the product, 'international signed for', is pretty clear. It is signed for at the other end, and if you did have a problem and need a copy of that signature it would be possible, it just takes months. Nothing misleading there.
It is the people in the post office selling it as a tracked service which is misleading.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

www.auspost.com.au
Contact us section, nice email giving UK reference number, when it was sent and where it was sent to. Usually gets a reply within 2-3 days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.