British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Returning to Australia HELP NEEDED PLEASE!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/returning-australia-help-needed-please-736314/)

zzidane Oct 20th 2011 1:38 pm

Returning to Australia HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!

Hi I'm in the process of returning to WA. My PR Visa expires in march next year. If things go to plan we can get out there Jan Feb time, however we have a lot to do before then, ie get house to sellable or rentable state and wind up current business.
If need be we may have to apply for a RRV. Now we resided in WA for 21 months just short of the 2 years needed. But unfortunately had to return to the UK.
I pretty much have a job offer for my return, which should count as a substantial tie for the RRV (so my agent informs me).
There are 6 of us in total. Wife, 3 kids and I are on the original PR visa.
We have since had a new addition to the clan. Can we sponsor him as being residents? Then once there work on obtaining residency. Or do we need to start from scratch with him?
If we miss the visa deadline then can we sponsor him if a RRV is granted?
Messy I know.
Advise would be much apprieciated.

Peter

Bermudashorts Oct 20th 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Returning to Australia HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!

You say you have an agent who has advised you that your job offer is a substantial tie, sounds dubious to me but then I am not an agent so will defer to their superior knowledge. What help do you want that your agent has not provided?

Personally, I think you should get your skates on with everything, you have a job offer so why not? I would be lookng to move before the visa expires and would be applying for the additional child visa now, because they take a while to come through and not having that could delay the family move. Houses can be rented out.

Pollyana Oct 20th 2011 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by zzidane (Post 9685836)
Hi I'm in the process of returning to WA. My PR Visa expires in march next year. If things go to plan we can get out there Jan Feb time, however we have a lot to do before then, ie get house to sellable or rentable state and wind up current business.
If need be we may have to apply for a RRV. Now we resided in WA for 21 months just short of the 2 years needed. But unfortunately had to return to the UK.
I pretty much have a job offer for my return, which should count as a substantial tie for the RRV (so my agent informs me).
There are 6 of us in total. Wife, 3 kids and I are on the original PR visa.
We have since had a new addition to the clan. Can we sponsor him as being residents? Then once there work on obtaining residency. Or do we need to start from scratch with him?
If we miss the visa deadline then can we sponsor him if a RRV is granted?
Messy I know.
Advise would be much apprieciated.

Peter

You need to sponsor the new child for a Child Visa 101 - if you have an agent he/she should already be working on this!

zzidane Dec 20th 2011 11:19 am

Just a quick update if anyone is interested, I was granted 5 Year RRV on friday. Along with the application I sent proof of a job contract (with no fixed starting date) along with a covering letter from a future employer regarding his experience and difficulty in employing experienced personnel from within WA and a covering statement from myself stating a genuine reason for leaving in the first place.
I personally think that DIAC want to see a genuine reason and effort to want to return.
I can now set to getting our 18 month old son's visa applied for with a view to moving out hopefully before june/july next year.
Can anyone recommend where to get his medicals done at a reasonable price in the Northampton, Oxfordshire area.

Merry christmas everyone.:thumbsup:

Pete

mrsgreenstar76 Dec 20th 2011 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by zzidane (Post 9798051)
Just a quick update if anyone is interested, I was granted 5 Year RRV on friday. Along with the application I sent proof of a job contract (with no fixed starting date) along with a covering letter from a future employer regarding his experience and difficulty in employing experienced personnel from within WA and a covering statement from myself stating a genuine reason for leaving in the first place.
I personally think that DIAC want to see a genuine reason and effort to want to return.
I can now set to getting our 18 month old son's visa applied for with a view to moving out hopefully before june/july next year.
Can anyone recommend where to get his medicals done at a reasonable price in the Northampton, Oxfordshire area.

Merry christmas everyone.:thumbsup:

Pete

There aren't anywhere near as many doctors allowed to do the medicals now as before. So you'll have to have a look at this link & pick from the more limited list.