Return to Australia

Old Sep 19th 2018, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all
Default Return to Australia

hi all. Ok...here is mine and my family’s situation.
25 August 2011 granted PR visa.
Arrived in Australia 20 June 2012.
moved back to UK 21 june 2015.
havent been back to Australia since leaving.
PR ran out 25 August 2016.

anyone know where we stand in terms of a right to return visa, (whatever it’s called), as we are now wanting to consider moving back??
or Have we missed the boat. I’m thinking we may of done by about 3 months????
Thanks so much in advance.
steven
Old Sep 19th 2018, 1:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return to Australia

Originally Posted by wattsbug
hi all. Ok...here is mine and my family’s situation.
25 August 2011 granted PR visa.
Arrived in Australia 20 June 2012.
moved back to UK 21 june 2015.
havent been back to Australia since leaving.
PR ran out 25 August 2016.

anyone know where we stand in terms of a right to return visa, (whatever it’s called), as we are now wanting to consider moving back??
or Have we missed the boat. I’m thinking we may of done by about 3 months????
Thanks so much in advance.
steven
You don't meet the two in five year requirement, no. You're three months short.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You don't meet the two in five year requirement, no. You're three months short.
yep that’s what I thought however looking at variations in the 155 I come across this:
  • 155 visa which is valid for 1 year – you have been in Australia for at least 1 day in the last 5 years as the holder of a permanent residency visa and you have substantial, business, cultural, employment and/or personal ties to Australia which are of benefit to Australia
i wonder why the ties are? I have a 3 year pension sitting in Australia and my job as a mental health nurse is still on the skills list??? I wonder????
Old Sep 19th 2018, 2:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

yep that’s what I thought however looking at variations in the 155 I come across this:
  • 155 visa which is valid for 1 year – you have been in Australia for at least 1 day in the last 5 years as the holder of a permanent residency visa and you have substantial, business, cultural, employment and/or personal ties to Australia which are of benefit to Australia
i wonder why the ties are? I have a 3 year pension sitting in Australia and my job as a mental health nurse is still on the skills list??? I wonder????
Do you own property or a business? Have a job to go back to? Have close family (i.e. children, parents) in Australia?
Old Sep 19th 2018, 2:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You don't qualify for the 5 year RRV as you don't meet the 2 in 5 . However you might qualify for the 1 year or 3 month, on the basis of ties etc.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Nil to all of the above Dorothy. Oh well looks like it will be the long route again. I should have thought about this a year or so ago. Never mind
Old Sep 19th 2018, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Nil to all of the above Dorothy. Oh well looks like it will be the long route again. I should have thought about this a year or so ago. Never mind
Based on what you have said, don’t give up that easily, get some advice on how to craft a decent RRV application and see where it takes you. It’s a lot cheaper and easier than any other route back.