Wikiposts

retirement

Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:24 am
Just Joined

sallyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default retirement

Hi All,

My husband and I are looking into retirement options and not sure where to start, Do you have to have family there.

Help
Sal
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: retirement

Originally Posted by sallyt
Hi All,

My husband and I are looking into retirement options and not sure where to start, Do you have to have family there.

Help
Sal
If no family there just need a shed load of dosh and be happy knowing you'll never get PR!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:39 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Help
Sal
Hello Sal

......... welcome to the forum.

This is a good place to start your research: www.immi.gov.au

Good luck

Jim
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:58 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Help
Sal
It's really hard Sally. As someone said, they need a LOT of money for an investor retiremennt visa and I do mean a LOT! Way out of reach for the average retiree.

If they have more children in Australia than any other country there is a chance they could get a parent visa but other than that it's nigh on impossible I think. If you find a way let me know
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:07 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
If they have more children in Australia than any other country there is a chance they could get a parent visa
Or at least half their children in Australia.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

ArthurMoore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sal,
Basically you have to put AUS500k or AUS750k in a state bond for a 4 year period (depending whether near state capital, or way out in the bush). You then need enough to buy a house, car, etc - so say another AUS500k.
You then must be able to prove annual income of AUS 50 / 65k from pensions or investments. the state bond also contributes to your income - currently at about 6%. You have to take out private medical insurance while you are in oz. If you can meet the financial rules and you are over 55, sensibly fit and not a criminal then you get a visa for 4 years. After the 4 years are up, you have to renew (I think every 2 years?). You can work up to 20 hours per week, but you cannot really take that into account in proving income as it is in the future. As others have said it is OK if you are reasonably well off, or have a large house to sell and a good pension. Best of luck, Arthur