Resident Return Visa - PR

Old Feb 20th 2017, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

izzy0506 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Resident Return Visa - PR

Hi all, some advice would be appreciated ahead of an application for the RRV.

I lived in Australia from Feb 2011 to June 2014. I came over on a working holiday, was granted a 457 in Oct 2011 as a de factor on my boyfriend's visa at the time.

He then moved onto 186 visa, PR Feb 2013. I believed at the time that that made me also a permanent resident, however I can't find a visa number for this, I can only find my grant for my 457, which let me stay in the country until Feb 2015.

We broke up and I left in June 2014, thinking it was unlikely I would return.

Of course now I would like to, and I am a little confused as to my status as I was his de facto, and unsure if I was a permanent resident. At the time I believed I was, however, if this is the case, I was only a permanent resident for a year and 5 months before I left- and I can't find supporting documentation for a grant for this, although I definitely filled out applications etc as his de facto for PR, and it was granted to him.

However, in the last five years I have been just over 2 years in Australia- but I don't have substantial ties otherwise. Is it likely that I will be successful in this application for a RRV, or is this going to be a waste on money?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Return Visa - PR

Originally Posted by izzy0506
Hi all, some advice would be appreciated ahead of an application for the RRV.

I lived in Australia from Feb 2011 to June 2014. I came over on a working holiday, was granted a 457 in Oct 2011 as a de factor on my boyfriend's visa at the time.

He then moved onto 186 visa, PR Feb 2013. I believed at the time that that made me also a permanent resident, however I can't find a visa number for this, I can only find my grant for my 457, which let me stay in the country until Feb 2015.

We broke up and I left in June 2014, thinking it was unlikely I would return.

Of course now I would like to, and I am a little confused as to my status as I was his de facto, and unsure if I was a permanent resident. At the time I believed I was, however, if this is the case, I was only a permanent resident for a year and 5 months before I left- and I can't find supporting documentation for a grant for this, although I definitely filled out applications etc as his de facto for PR, and it was granted to him.

However, in the last five years I have been just over 2 years in Australia- but I don't have substantial ties otherwise. Is it likely that I will be successful in this application for a RRV, or is this going to be a waste on money?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
I you were granted PR as his de facto then the travel rights on that will be valid for 5 years from its grant, so Feb 2018, so you can return to Australia up until that date. You would not need a RRV.

If you were not included on the PR then you would have been here illegally from the date it was granted, because the 457s (both of them as you were a dependent) would have been cancelled when the PR was granted.

So you need to find out whether you were granted PR r not. Try putting your details into VEVO for starters.

http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/visas-...n-online-(vevo)
Old Feb 20th 2017, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I you were granted PR as his de facto then the travel rights on that will be valid for 5 years from its grant, so Feb 2018, so you can return to Australia up until that date. You would not need a RRV.

If you were not included on the PR then you would have been here illegally from the date it was granted, because the 457s (both of them as you were a dependent) would have been cancelled when the PR was granted.

So you need to find out whether you were granted PR r not. Try putting your details into VEVO for starters.

http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/visas-...n-online-(vevo)
Thank you- I thought that may be the case. I always originally though I could return up until Feb 2018 as I was a PR- is the 186 visa for five years?

When I put in my details into VEVO it says that they're not the most up to date, which would imply that I am PR, and I have misplaced the grant details.

Is there any way to get hold of this without having to contact my ex do you know?
Old Feb 20th 2017, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you have changed your passport since that grant you will need to inform immigration of the new details. The visa is liknked electronically to the passport you applied with.

What does Vevo actually say?
Old Feb 20th 2017, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rammygirl
If you have changed your passport since that grant you will need to inform immigration of the new details. The visa is liknked electronically to the passport you applied with.

What does Vevo actually say?
"Entered details cannot be confirmed as the TRN/Visa Grant number/Evidence number does not match your current visa. Please confirm your current visa details and re-enter your enquiry. Otherwise, call 1800 040 070 and an officer will assist you."

I guess that would imply I have an active visa?

I have found a form to request forgotten visa details, but its handily not working...

Oh and sorry, my passport is still the same as that which I lived in Australia on.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Why not try calling the number listed in the reply and see how that goes? You might have to wait and listen to elevator music for a while while they put you on hold though... good luck!
Old Feb 21st 2017, 5:20 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"Entered details cannot be confirmed as the TRN/Visa Grant number/Evidence number does not match your current visa. Please confirm your current visa details and re-enter your enquiry. Otherwise, call 1800 040 070 and an officer will assist you."

I guess that would imply I have an active visa?

I have found a form to request forgotten visa details, but its handily not working...

Oh and sorry, my passport is still the same as that which I lived in Australia on.
Ah, its trying to match the 457 grant/evidence number, and sounds like you have a new grant number, which is probably for the 186.

I don't usually recommend ringing DIBP but I think in this case you may have to. The 1800 number may not work from the UK.

Europe Service Centre

It does sound as if you have a 186, and if so, yes you can return up to 5 years from the date of the grant, without needing a RRV.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone, I managed to find my old grant number and I'm a PR until April 2018 which is such a relief!

I would have stupidly just paid for a RRV and probably lost the money ha, so all your advice really greatly received!

I think I should probably prioritise getting my Aus passport now
Old Feb 21st 2017, 9:15 am
Home and Happy

Thanks everyone, I managed to find my old grant number and I'm a PR until April 2018 which is such a relief!

I would have stupidly just paid for a RRV and probably lost the money ha, so all your advice really greatly received!

I think I should probably prioritise getting my Aus passport now
Thats great news. Get yourself back to Aus and you can start working towards citizenship next
Old Feb 21st 2017, 11:42 am
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

I like a happy ending. Good luck Izzy :-)
Old Feb 21st 2017, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good news. Glad it is all sorted. Nice to see a story through. Let us know how the move goes later!