Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

RESIDENT RETURN VISA APPLICATION APPROVED!!!!

RESIDENT RETURN VISA APPLICATION APPROVED!!!!

Old May 16th 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

emylou78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RESIDENT RETURN VISA APPLICATION APPROVED!!!!

it does not say you need one of the first 3 points to be eligible for the 3 month RRV !

I will speak to an agent this week as i want to know what do with regards the kids it would be good know if they are Aussie. My whole situation has been a complete mess the officer that issued my RRV kept shaking his head and apologizing he couldn't believe my last app for an RRV was declined. Hopefully it will all be sorted out soon and we can get back to enjoying life
Old May 16th 2012, 12:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emylou78
it does not say you need one of the first 3 points to be eligible for the 3 month RRV !

I will speak to an agent this week as i want to know what do with regards the kids it would be good know if they are Aussie. My whole situation has been a complete mess the officer that issued my RRV kept shaking his head and apologizing he couldn't believe my last app for an RRV was declined. Hopefully it will all be sorted out soon and we can get back to enjoying life
I'm only going to give you one piece of advice - read that post by JAJ carefully. He's an expert on the subject and really knows his stuff
Old May 16th 2012, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You need to read JAJ's post. Your children are not Australian. Are you still talking about your OH getting a RRV - they aren't going to, RRVs are for permanent residents.
Old May 16th 2012, 9:40 pm
Cez
Account Closed

Cez is an unknown quantity at this point

OK fine, try looking through some other immigration information to get some clarification, this is taken from this site:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...ocuments.htm#e

Partners and dependent family members of an RRV holder who are or have been permanent residents may be granted RRVs on the basis that their family head holds an RRV.

Your family do not meet this criteria
Old May 16th 2012, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

emylou78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I never spoken of my other half getting an RRV i am sponsoring him
Old May 17th 2012, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you keep making comments about the 3 month RRV?
Old May 17th 2012, 3:08 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ

4. Your spouse and children cannot get RRVs as they are not permanent residents, former permanent residents, or former Australian citizens.

Old May 17th 2012, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

Last year after finding medicare had issued us with a resident card i phoned immigration again and was told i should have applied for an RRV so the next day i applied and was turned down.
This week i was advised of some changes in the rrv requirements so i called immigration to see if it was worth me reapplying, 3 different officers confirmed i was a PR holder, i will always have it just not the travel side hence the need for an RRV. So i asked them what will happen if i dont leave when my current temp visa expires ? as then i will only hold the PR visa and i did not use it to come into OZ? nobody could answer my questions i was put on hold for 20 minutes then told to go into immigration that day !!! took all my evidence and all they looked at was my passport and my parents Aussie passports. done issued in 10 minutes !!!! i'm over the moon
Just out of interest

So what would happen , i.e still hold "PR status" but visa runs out while in Australia, can you be deported from the country. I'm sure i have seen the answer some where but can't remember.
Old May 17th 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deannos
Just out of interest

So what would happen , i.e still hold "PR status" but visa runs out while in Australia, can you be deported from the country. I'm sure i have seen the answer some where but can't remember.
The visa is permanent, so doesn't ever run out. What does run out after 5 years is the reentry facility. So as long as you are in Australia, your visa does not expire, nor do you need a RRV. The RRV is only required once you depart Australia, so that you can get back in again.

That's not to say it's not a good idea to have one anyway, just in case....
Old May 17th 2012, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by louie
The visa is permanent, so doesn't ever run out. What does run out after 5 years is the reentry facility. So as long as you are in Australia, your visa does not expire, nor do you need a RRV. The RRV is only required once you depart Australia, so that you can get back in again.

That's not to say it's not a good idea to have one anyway, just in case....
I understand that part, what i meant was if you had left Australia as PR, say 20 years or more ago. Then went back on a tourist visa and you stayed on. I suppose the answer is a simple one, you have overstayed on that visa and so can be deported, and understand a new visa can cancel the previous ones etc. But i understand the PR part can still be there and so is it still valid

Last edited by deannos; May 17th 2012 at 2:41 pm.
Old May 17th 2012, 8:52 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by deannos
I understand that part, what i meant was if you had left Australia as PR, say 20 years or more ago. Then went back on a tourist visa and you stayed on. I suppose the answer is a simple one, you have overstayed on that visa and so can be deported, and understand a new visa can cancel the previous ones etc. But i understand the PR part can still be there and so is it still valid
Technically speaking if you are granted a tourist visa it cancels the PR visa, so you would then have lost your PR status. If you are lucky you may find that errors in the system mean the PR visa was never actually cancelled, but thats a bit of a gamble. We have had people on hereb who have been told that somehow their PR still exists as the system never cancelled it, but as a general rule the latest visa issued replaces the ones that have gone before.
If you have a PR visa with expired reentry and are outside Aus you need to look at whether you can get a RRV offshore - talking to an agent would be advised too.