British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   RESIDENT RETURN VISA APPLICATION APPROVED!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/resident-return-visa-application-approved-758261/)

SarahRob198 May 14th 2012 7:08 pm

RESIDENT RETURN VISA APPLICATION APPROVED!!!!

Hi guys, just to let you all know, the Resident Return Visa application that my agent lodged on Friday 11th May has been approved today just one working day after!! Wow we are so made up! Just want to thank you guys for any help we have been given along the way, at times when i have had so many unanswered questions i have come onto here and you guys have put my mind at ease alot, awesome!! The next step is to apply for Partner Visa for partner and son !! So happy, seems as though our new lie down under isn't as long off as expected hey :thumbsup::rofl::thumbup::starsmile:

Pollyana May 14th 2012 8:30 pm

Re: RESIDENT RETURN VISA APPLICATION APPROVED!!!!

Originally Posted by SarahRob198 (Post 10059976)
Hi guys, just to let you all know, the Resident Return Visa application that my agent lodged on Friday 11th May has been approved today just one working day after!! Wow we are so made up! Just want to thank you guys for any help we have been given along the way, at times when i have had so many unanswered questions i have come onto here and you guys have put my mind at ease alot, awesome!! The next step is to apply for Partner Visa for partner and son !! So happy, seems as though our new lie down under isn't as long off as expected hey :thumbsup::rofl::thumbup::starsmile:

Congratulations! Good luck with the next stage :)

Bermudashorts May 14th 2012 8:43 pm

Congratulations, glad it worked out. :)

joojay May 15th 2012 4:21 am

Congrats :) thats awesome

emylou78 May 15th 2012 6:40 am

congratulations ! i have been following your posts as i was in a similar situation i also had mine granted on Friday a bit of a long story but it proves persistence often pays off.
I at aged 16 was granted PR with my family i validated the visa but did not make the move with the rest of my family due to study commitments and then a child . After the the birth of my child i tried everything to be with my family in OZ only to be told i had to re apply for PR by myself, my parents also tried from OZ without luck. I traveled backwards and forwards on several tourist visa as advised and organised by DIAC.
Well we came to OZ in 2007 on a student visa then changed to a 457, every time i went into immigration to add children etc i was told " you have PR ". Last year after finding medicare had issued us with a resident card i phoned immigration again and was told i should have applied for an RRV so the next day i applied and was turned down.
This week i was advised of some changes in the rrv requirements so i called immigration to see if it was worth me reapplying, 3 different officers confirmed i was a PR holder, i will always have it just not the travel side hence the need for an RRV. So i asked them what will happen if i dont leave when my current temp visa expires ? as then i will only hold the PR visa and i did not use it to come into OZ? nobody could answer my questions i was put on hold for 20 minutes then told to go into immigration that day !!! took all my evidence and all they looked at was my passport and my parents Aussie passports. done issued in 10 minutes !!!! i'm over the moon

jackliz5 May 15th 2012 7:23 am

Originally Posted by SarahRob198 (Post 10059976)

Hi Sarah

Many congrats.

Can you pls. suggest me, if someone was in australia for 12+ months on skilled regional visa and returned back but never became PR yet, can apply for Return Resident Visa (RRV)?

I have already checked DIAC website and know that, i must had PR in past for applying RRV but I didnt had PR visa before. But i am looking for any options/chances where any past temporary visa holders can apply for RRV or not.

Thanks & best wishes

Bermudashorts May 15th 2012 9:08 am

Originally Posted by jackliz5 (Post 10061154)
Hi Sarah

Many congrats.

Can you pls. suggest me, if someone was in australia for 12+ months on skilled regional visa and returned back but never became PR yet, can apply for Return Resident Visa (RRV)?

I have already checked DIAC website and know that, i must had PR in past for applying RRV but I didnt had PR visa before. But i am looking for any options/chances where any past temporary visa holders can apply for RRV or not.

Thanks & best wishes

No temporary residents / former temporary residents are not eligible for the RRV.

jackliz5 May 15th 2012 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 10061304)
No temporary residents / former temporary residents are not eligible for the RRV.

thanks Bermudashorts.

SarahRob198 May 15th 2012 3:24 pm

Thank you everyone, we are over the moon and can't begin to imagine how we will be feeling when my partner is granted his, this move is going to be very emotional for all of us! And to leave everything behind that we have gained and started in our life here to go and start again is a massive step but hopeully all worth it in the end and hopefully the only reason we will ever come back here is to visit family yaheyyyy :)
@ Emylou yes very similar situation hey, so glad you got yours granted though too, now is your next stage applying for a RRV or you just going to get your child put onto your visa? Happy days, all the best

emylou78 May 15th 2012 9:50 pm

the immigration officer has told me i have to sponsor my spouse and children all in one application, but i'm going to call them up again as immediate family members of an RRV holder can also apply for an RRV, this would be much easier than putting the kids through medicals etc.not to mention the cost Australian immigration have made a fortune from my family I do have a lawyer willing to help me claim back some of the money we have spent on needless other visa's but not sure i want to go down that route it's all been stressful enough.
I was am onshore the officer told me decision ready spouse visa's are being processed in under 2 weeks, offshore and incomplete apps can take up to 18 months. could you come to Oz and apply ?

Pollyana May 16th 2012 3:07 am

Originally Posted by emylou78 (Post 10062756)
the immigration officer has told me i have to sponsor my spouse and children all in one application, but i'm going to call them up again as immediate family members of an RRV holder can also apply for an RRV, this would be much easier than putting the kids through medicals etc.not to mention the cost Australian immigration have made a fortune from my family I do have a lawyer willing to help me claim back some of the money we have spent on needless other visa's but not sure i want to go down that route it's all been stressful enough.
I was am onshore the officer told me decision ready spouse visa's are being processed in under 2 weeks, offshore and incomplete apps can take up to 18 months. could you come to Oz and apply ?

Its been a very long time since I've heard of a Spouse Visa being done in two weeks either on or offshore. Most UK ones are currently reporting 5 weeks, 18 months would be a very unusual one, the only one I remember taking that long involved a person from a very High Risk country. I know a a few people who wil be changing their plans fast if its only taking 2 weeks onshore!
And I'm willing to be corrected on this one, but who told you that your partner and kids can go straight onto a RRV? You need to sponsor them - your partner for a Spouse Visa and then the children come as his dependents. They can't go onto a RRV without having permanent residency first :confused:

emylou78 May 16th 2012 5:19 am

that is what the officer in Perth told me on friday and TBH i dont believe everything they tell me not after the years of conflicting info i have had. I have copied the new requirements from immi's wab site regarding the RRV criteria
Five year Resident Return visa

To be eligible for a five year Resident Return visa you must be one of the following:

an Australian permanent resident
a former Australian permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled
a former Australian Citizen who lost or renounced their citizenship.
You must also meet one of the following eligibility requirements.

Length of visa Criteria

Five year visa You must have spent two of the last five years in Australia.

One year visa (for applicants in Australia) You must provide evidence of substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia; and if you have been absent from Australia for more than five continuous years since the grant of your most recent permanent visa, you must provide evidence of compelling reasons for your absence over five years.

One year visa (for applicants outside Australia) If your last departure from Australia was as a permanent resident or Australian citizen:
you must provide evidence of substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia
and
if you have been absent for more than five continuous years since your last departure from Australia as an Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen, you must provide evidence of compelling reasons for your absence over five years.
If your last departure from Australia was not as an Australian permanent resident or Australian citizen:
you must provide evidence of substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia
and
you must have been an Australian citizen, or an Australian permanent resident, less than 10 years before the application
and
if you have been absent from Australia for a total period of more than five years since last departing as an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident you must provide evidence of compelling reasons for your absence.
:)Member of a family unit – maximum of 12 months or until expiry of the present visa holder You are the immediate family member of a Resident Return visa holder.:)
Three month Resident Return visa

To meet the eligibility requirement for a three month Resident Return visa you must meet one of the following eligibility requirements.

Eligibility requirement Criteria
Residence requirement
You must have spent at least one day in the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or an Australian citizen
and
You must provide evidence of compelling and compassionate reasons for your departure.
:)Member of a family unit You are the immediate family member of a Resident Return visa holder.:)
Note: If you have been outside Australia for more than three continuous months immediately before making the application, you must also have compelling and compassionate reasons for the absence.

You are not eligible to apply for this visa if your most recent permanent visa was one of the following Business Skills visa and it has been cancelled, or is subject to a notice of intention to cancel:

Business Owner visa (subclasses 127 and 840)
Senior Executive visa (subclasses 128 and 841)
State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclasses 129 and 842)
State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive visa (subclasses 130 and 843)
Investment-Linked visa (subclasses 131 and 844)
Business Talent visa (subclass 132).
About this Visa How this Visa Works Eligibility Obligations Applying for this Visa
Overview

Pollyana May 16th 2012 5:53 am

I know it mentions that a family member with PR/RRV is one of the criteria that helps to prove ties to Australia, and thus can be used by someone with a PR visa but expired re-entry permission, to gain a RRV; but the way you were posting indicated that your partner and children don't have PR at all.
If they are like yourself, holding PR but needing a RRV to re-enter, then this may apply to them. But if they don't already hold PR then they need a visa, not a RRV.
A RRV allows entry to Aus, it doesn't allow residency.

emylou78 May 16th 2012 7:28 am

no they dont have PR i am sponsoring my partner and kids. the criteria for a 3 month RRV to be issued is you dont have to have held PR but you need to be an immediate family member of a RRV holder. so i would like to know if i can apply for an RRV for my kids rather than sponsor them. 2 of my kids were born in Australia.

Cez May 16th 2012 8:15 am

Were they born in Oz while you were a PR? If so can you claim Oz citizenship for them - if they are eligible then they can't apply for an RRV anyway