Resident Return Visa

Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

hvirdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Resident Return Visa

Dear All

I had got my Australian PR in 2012. Due to professional and personal situation, I had to work outside Australia for the last 5 years, even though I've been liaising profusely with my Australian counterparts on a professional front.

My PR expires in Mar'17. I intend to return to Australia by Oct'17 and work from there for the next 5 years to convert my PR to citizenship. The plan has been discussed and agreed with my company as well (which has offices worldwide and has assured my transfer to Australia by next year).

Pl advise how to go about filing for RRV. I dont have anything in writing from my company as yet to show professional ties to Australia. What all documents can i possibly submit in lieu.

Appreciate any guidance on this matter.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Return Visa

It is very hard to comment on what documents you should submit because you haven't mentioned any ties to Australia. You don't appear to have any?

I would get you job offer in writing, fill in the application form and hope for the best. Don't take it as a given that you will get a RRV, you have had five years to make the move and haven't. We all have professional and personal ties to our home country, emigrating is about leaving them behind.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 1:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

alternatively, make the move before your PR expires and you have no issues as long as your company agrees.

Otherwise you may need to start the application all over - maybe get your company to sponsor you for a 186 if they can, or look to see if you can still meet the requirements for a new skilled visa application.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Wow OK... so it is really hard then to get a RRV if one has been away from the country So if you are away due to family illness or other personal reasons, then there is no easy way. Seems like the best option is to get a job before you arrive in Australia..but usually that is very difficult unless you are very specialized or or in high demand...

IMMI website say the following: Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157) document checklist

Old Oct 14th 2016, 10:35 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

It's not really hard, given that you are given FIVE years to move over and that's more than enough given that occupation might not even be in demand 5yrs later. I think it's more than fair system.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by teza
It's not really hard, given that you are given FIVE years to move over and that's more than enough given that occupation might not even be in demand 5yrs later. I think it's more than fair system.
I mean hard as in to get RRV after 5 years have passed and you're out of the country (and not stayed more that 2 years).

Yeah, it's fair enough I guess as apparently some used it as an "insurance" to go back any time in the past.

Unfortunately, live is not always that simple and the genuine ones have to pay the consequences, but that's life I guess!
Old Oct 14th 2016, 11:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B1K3R
I mean hard as in to get RRV after 5 years have passed and you're out of the country (and not stayed more that 2 years).

Yeah, it's fair enough I guess as apparently some used it as an "insurance" to go back any time in the past.

Unfortunately, live is not always that simple and the genuine ones have to pay the consequences, but that's life I guess!
There is this:

Subclass 157 Resident Return visa

You might be able to be granted this visa if you:
•have lawfully spent at least one day in the past five years in Australia
•have spent less than two years in the past five years in Australia
•have been a permanent resident or an Australian citizen for the entire period spent in Australia
•can show a compelling and compassionate reason for having to leave Australia or, if you are outside Australia, for leaving when you did

If you have been living outside Australia for more than three continuous months immediately before applying, you must also show that you were absent for a compelling and compassionate reason.
When did you leave Australia?
Old Oct 14th 2016, 11:38 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

I get what you're saying but again, you were given five years to move to Australia, make ties in Australia and make it a home. You can get a 3mth or 1 yr RRV to make it happen but again, I still stand by what I said, they give you plenty of time and australian immigration is designed to look after what australia needs, not the personal needs of potentional expats. I know that sounds harsh but given how many times we hear on BE , "life got busy", "mum was sick and just never made the move" etc, I would imagine DIBP has heard it tenfolds more. Five years ago nurses were in high demand, Australia was willing to pay big bucks to get them over. Now, dime a dozen. Doesn't make any move impossible but what was in short supply then, may not even be on the list anymore.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There is this:

When did you leave Australia?
Sadly, it was Sep 2011...just after 8 months when I had finally perfectly settled
Old Oct 14th 2016, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teza
I get what you're saying but again, you were given five years to move to Australia, make ties in Australia and make it a home. You can get a 3mth or 1 yr RRV to make it happen but again, I still stand by what I said, they give you plenty of time and australian immigration is designed to look after what australia needs, not the personal needs of potentional expats. I know that sounds harsh but given how many times we hear on BE , "life got busy", "mum was sick and just never made the move" etc, I would imagine DIBP has heard it tenfolds more. Five years ago nurses were in high demand, Australia was willing to pay big bucks to get them over. Now, dime a dozen. Doesn't make any move impossible but what was in short supply then, may not even be on the list anymore.
I know perfectly what you mean and agree. All good points. Just saying that at times external factors dictate our lives at times
Old Oct 14th 2016, 10:23 pm

I know perfectly what you mean and agree. All good points. Just saying that at times external factors dictate our lives at times
If you still want to return to Australia, then I would probably apply for the RRV and make the best case you can. There have been a few threads recently where an RRV has been granted even where it didn't seem that the criteria was met.

If you do try this though, you may be given an RRV with only a limited time period to enter Australia (3 months maybe).
Old Oct 15th 2016, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Wow OK... so it is really hard then to get a RRV if one has been away from the country So if you are away due to family illness or other personal reasons, then there is no easy way. Seems like the best option is to get a job before you arrive in Australia..but usually that is very difficult unless you are very specialized or or in high demand...

Nobody said it was really hard before you posted this? On the contrary they are actually a bit relaxed about it.

Still I don't agree that family illness or "personal reasons" are unusual in any kind of way, Most migrants have family and indeed most families experience illness. Applying for a permanent visa is making the choice to leave family.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 5:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Nobody said it was really hard before you posted this? On the contrary they are actually a bit relaxed about it.

Still I don't agree that family illness or "personal reasons" are unusual in any kind of way, Most migrants have family and indeed most families experience illness. Applying for a permanent visa is making the choice to leave family.
It does seem that RRVs are a lot easier to obtain now than a few years back. I've seen several discussed on forums where they would never have got the visa in the past. Similar situatin with bridging Visa Bs - they used to only be issued if life or death, now people get them cos they want a two week holiday in Bali
Old Oct 15th 2016, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you still want to return to Australia, then I would probably apply for the RRV and make the best case you can. There have been a few threads recently where an RRV has been granted even where it didn't seem that the criteria was met.

If you do try this though, you may be given an RRV with only a limited time period to enter Australia (3 months maybe).
That's good to know! That gives me a very positive outlook on it

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts

Totally agree!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It does seem that RRVs are a lot easier to obtain now than a few years back. I've seen several discussed on forums where they would never have got the visa in the past. Similar situation with bridging Visa Bs - they used to only be issued if life or death, now people get them cos they want a two week holiday in Bali

Oh wow OK! I always wanted to stay there forever and never leave Good to know, thanks!
Old Dec 10th 2016, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there

I'm going to apply online for the RRV and does anyone know if I have to submit 3 separate applications (me, wife and daughter) or just one?

It does not seem that I can include all details in one...

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.