Resident Return Visa and 175 Visa

Old Aug 12th 2019, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Resident Return Visa and 175 Visa

Hi! First time I've been on here for a long long time. We were granted a 175 visa in 2009 and moved to Oz in 2013 after validation. We stayed less than 2 years and returned home mainly due to illness in family in UK.
I actually have a couple of questions. First one being, if I were offered a position back in Australia, would it be possible to return on an RRV? If not, how would I enter Australia as a visitor? Would I need to cancel the 175 visa before applying for a visitor visa?
For what it's worth I was granted an RRV in 2014 after travelling to Dubai for work.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Return Visa and 175 Visa

At present, it doesn't appear you qualify for a RRV. A job offer will help your case.

If if you are denied, then the other way of going to live and work in Australia would be to apply for a new permanent visa such as a 189 if you qualify.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Hi! First time I've been on here for a long long time. We were granted a 175 visa in 2009 and moved to Oz in 2013 after validation. We stayed less than 2 years and returned home mainly due to illness in family in UK.
I actually have a couple of questions. First one being, if I were offered a position back in Australia, would it be possible to return on an RRV? If not, how would I enter Australia as a visitor? Would I need to cancel the 175 visa before applying for a visitor visa?
For what it's worth I was granted an RRV in 2014 after travelling to Dubai for work.
Your RRV replaced your 175 and the RRV has now expired. You can apply for an RRV offshore or onshore; as mentioned, a solid job offer will help your application.
Old Aug 16th 2019, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies. Has anybody out there been granted an RRV in a similar situation?
Old Aug 16th 2019, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - it is possible provided you have the appropriate ties, with evidence of them, and a compelling reason for being away for more than 5 years.