Residence Calculator

Old Jul 22nd 2015, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about
Default Residence Calculator

Hi all,

just puzzling over this bit. The section where it says Travel, Periods where you have been outside of Australia, is it actually asking you to put in dates of holidays outside Australia? I didn't think this had any bearing on accruing the 4 years to be eligible for Citizenship from point of arrival as a Permanent Resident.

Also anyone able to point me in the direction of any check lists. I'd like to get everything that I'm able to, in place prior to August 13th (having landed August 12th).

Thanks.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residence Calculator

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980
Hi all,

just puzzling over this bit. The section where it says Travel, Periods where you have been outside of Australia, is it actually asking you to put in dates of holidays outside Australia? I didn't think this had any bearing on accruing the 4 years to be eligible for Citizenship from point of arrival as a Permanent Resident.

Also anyone able to point me in the direction of any check lists. I'd like to get everything that I'm able to, in place prior to August 13th (having landed August 12th).

Thanks.
Yes, you have to put in the dates of all holidays and time spent outside Australia. Some people arrive as PR then leave again for a year or so an that naturally has a bearing on accruing the 4 years.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. I also found the check list but a little flummoxed at the "good character documents". It's a bit vague. Is it indicating that this is based more on overseas time spent? I looked at the following bullet points and don't qualify from what I can see, so does that mean I don't need to worry about this unless asked by the department at some point after lodging my application?

Thanks.

-you lived or travelled overseas since the age of 18 years or over, and
-the total time spent overseas added up to 12 months or more, and
-the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days, or
-you are requested to do so by the department.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 11:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980
Thanks. I also found the check list but a little flummoxed at the "good character documents". It's a bit vague. Is it indicating that this is based more on overseas time spent? I looked at the following bullet points and don't qualify from what I can see, so does that mean I don't need to worry about this unless asked by the department at some point after lodging my application?

Thanks.

-you lived or travelled overseas since the age of 18 years or over, and
-the total time spent overseas added up to 12 months or more, and
-the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days, or
-you are requested to do so by the department.
Its not very clear and catches many people out.
Basically unless you meet ALL the first three, don't worry about getting a police check.