Repercussions of Adding to EOI

Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:27 am
Just Joined

WallyWombat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Repercussions of Adding to EOI

Hi,

We recently submitted our EOI for a 190 followed by an application to WA for state sponsorship. It is painful but 5 working days have passed and we are counting up to the 30 days (approximate processing time for WA).

However, I have since read on-line that some people have been sent an invitation to apply with only 60 points.

My question is - Is it worth it for us to add the 189 to our EOI? What are the repercussions? I can't work out if this change would make our application for the 190 effective the day of adding the 189.

We strategically only applied for the 189 as we thought they would be processed quicker than the 190's. WA is where we want to head and figured SS was our best option. I turn 40 next June which normally I wouldn't care about - however it means I would lose valuable points and would no longer qualify. At the moment we have 60 points for the 189 and 65 for the 190. Any thoughts to my ramblings?

Rosie

ps. Is it normal to obsessively check email and for Australia to come up in the dinner conversation every single night? I can't seem to get through an hour without thinking about it.