Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Repeated Frustation with clarity of Immigration Processing

Repeated Frustation with clarity of Immigration Processing

Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Red face Repeated Frustation with clarity of Immigration Processing

HI All

I am awaiting to hear any news on my application lodged to the DIAC (176 SS WA).
Who like me is completly frustrated with this incompetent manner in which changes are announced.
They (DIAC) told us that SMPs would be agreed by JULY 1st, so whats happened Chris Evans???
He told us that the CSL will be abolished. So why are there applicants on this site being processed on the old CSL with visas granted within 2-3 months NOW.
What the hell is the need for 4 schedules why not publish a list and one list.
Why are some trades being removed from SOL just because you gave too many visas for hairdressers/cooks. In fact why remove trades at all? surely Australia needs skilled people.
Surely Chris if these systems you are implementing, if you know what you have implemented lately because I have lost count in the past 2 years were in place in 1958 when you was born in ENGLAND then you would never be a minister of the Australian Government coz you would never have got to Australia like most of us these days.
I beg you to mail the DIAC tell them your situation, people like me, hardworking law abiding citizens looking for something different for our children, looking to join the lucky country and add to their future and ours, bending over backwards doing paperwork for skills assessments/state sponsorships/ and handing over $5000 aus not including medical costs etc. should be treated with a bit more respect, come please give us a break.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

carlito is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Repeated Frustation with clarity of Immigration Processing

hear hear.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Repeated Frustation with clarity of Immigration Processing

Originally Posted by carlito
hear hear.
cheersthats 2 of us then
Old Jul 9th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by carlito
hear hear.
That makes three of us
Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

carlito is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm incredulous at the whole process. No sense from the immi authorities that there is any desire to get skilled migrants into the country. Customer service poor. It's the delays that get my goat. Once you get a bee in your bonnet about going then you want to crack on with things, only to be thwarted at every turn. It simply makes my blood boil
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

JBandVicki is an unknown quantity at this point

We thought we'd do the sensible thing and wait until new changes have been implemented so that we know exactly where we stand before applying to DIAC, it's been 18 months now since we thought we'd apply to emigrate to Australia. We still haven't submitted an applcation as every time we get set to the DIAC changes the rules at the drop of a hat, give's misleading dates for new announcements doesn't communicate with the state migration departments and leaves everyone in a perptual state of utter confusion.

Why's it so difficult, 2 Brits, both late 20's, both with degrees and Masters degrees from top rated british universitys in subjects that have direct relevance to one of Australias main industies, both with 5+ years relevant work experience, want to move to country where their skills are in demand with a substantial amount of money in our back pockets so we can support ourselves yet it's virtually impossible to make any progress in applying for a visa. WTF is going on.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBandVicki
Why's it so difficult, 2 Brits, both late 20's, both with degrees and Masters degrees from top rated british universitys in subjects that have direct relevance to one of Australias main industies, both with 5+ years relevant work experience, want to move to country where their skills are in demand with a substantial amount of money in our back pockets so we can support ourselves yet it's virtually impossible to make any progress in applying for a visa. WTF is going on.
Loads of people have applied for and obtained visas in the last 18 months. If you are so sure you qualify then what has been stopping you? I know about and well understand lots of frustrations about the immigration process, but what has been the stumbling block in your case?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:22 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johnb1
HI All

I am awaiting to hear any news on my application lodged to the DIAC (176 SS WA).
Who like me is completly frustrated with this incompetent manner in which changes are announced.
They (DIAC) told us that SMPs would be agreed by JULY 1st, so whats happened Chris Evans???
He told us that the CSL will be abolished. So why are there applicants on this site being processed on the old CSL with visas granted within 2-3 months NOW.
What the hell is the need for 4 schedules why not publish a list and one list.
Why are some trades being removed from SOL just because you gave too many visas for hairdressers/cooks. In fact why remove trades at all? surely Australia needs skilled people.
Surely Chris if these systems you are implementing, if you know what you have implemented lately because I have lost count in the past 2 years were in place in 1958 when you was born in ENGLAND then you would never be a minister of the Australian Government coz you would never have got to Australia like most of us these days.
I beg you to mail the DIAC tell them your situation, people like me, hardworking law abiding citizens looking for something different for our children, looking to join the lucky country and add to their future and ours, bending over backwards doing paperwork for skills assessments/state sponsorships/ and handing over $5000 aus not including medical costs etc. should be treated with a bit more respect, come please give us a break.
And he is pissed, but he is right !. Wonder someone from DIAC read this ....

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBandVicki
We thought we'd do the sensible thing and wait until new changes have been implemented so that we know exactly where we stand before applying to DIAC, it's been 18 months now since we thought we'd apply to emigrate to Australia. We still haven't submitted an applcation as every time we get set to the DIAC changes the rules at the drop of a hat, give's misleading dates for new announcements doesn't communicate with the state migration departments and leaves everyone in a perptual state of utter confusion.

There will always be changes. Its pointless waiting for the next and then the next because there will always be another change coming along. In the years I have been on the forum there have been numerous changes. The first bg one I remember was when all the Skills visas were moved from London to Adelaide. The pile was effectively turned upside down so the people who had got to the top of the heap were suddenly on the bottom and vice versa. At that time almost all PR skills visas took 3-4 years.
Then things changed and it was possible to get a PR Skills in about 2-3 months.
Now we are back to long timelines, smaller skills lists, etc.

If you qualify, just apply, don't keep waiting to see what the next change is, you'l be there forever.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

martini001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I'm in a similar situation
My occupation is on the new SOL but inspite of that I have to wait till 2011-2012 !!!
I've been waiting since 2008 (175-MODL non CSL)

When they will change processing priorities ????
Old Jul 13th 2010, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

JBandVicki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There will always be changes. Its pointless waiting for the next and then the next because there will always be another change coming along. In the years I have been on the forum there have been numerous changes. The first bg one I remember was when all the Skills visas were moved from London to Adelaide. The pile was effectively turned upside down so the people who had got to the top of the heap were suddenly on the bottom and vice versa. At that time almost all PR skills visas took 3-4 years.
Then things changed and it was possible to get a PR Skills in about 2-3 months.
Now we are back to long timelines, smaller skills lists, etc.

If you qualify, just apply, don't keep waiting to see what the next change is, you'l be there forever.

I didn't apply because by the time i was offered State sponsorship DIAC changed porcessing priorities and stated that our application wouldn't get looked at for at least 3 years. I know a lot of people applied anyway but I thought at the time that if the government tells you something and gives you specific dates for new announcements then it's probably best to wait until that new announcement is made before taking a punt and trying to second guess the DIAC.

I didn't really want to pay the admin fee not knowing when, if ever, my application would get looked at.