Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Renewing DD's UK passport - fee for putting visa in?

Renewing DD's UK passport - fee for putting visa in?

Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Renewing DD's UK passport - fee for putting visa in?

Hi

We had our PR visa granted in July just gone (previously were here under a 457).

DD(almost 5)'s passport is expiring next March so I'm starting to look into getting it renewed. I've found the forms I need online so that's all OK.

I've also found the form I need for Immigration (form 929) to tell them of her change of passport details.

However, I can't find on the Immi website anything about the fee for getting her visa put into her new passport. I seem to have the figure of about $60 in my notes from a while back (possibly from some kind soul on here) but I'm not sure if I just scribbled down a vague number LOL.

So if anyone out there could help with approx costs, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

TillyG x
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Renewing DD's UK passport - fee for putting visa in?

Originally Posted by TillyG
Hi

We had our PR visa granted in July just gone (previously were here under a 457).

DD(almost 5)'s passport is expiring next March so I'm starting to look into getting it renewed. I've found the forms I need online so that's all OK.

I've also found the form I need for Immigration (form 929) to tell them of her change of passport details.

However, I can't find on the Immi website anything about the fee for getting her visa put into her new passport. I seem to have the figure of about $60 in my notes from a while back (possibly from some kind soul on here) but I'm not sure if I just scribbled down a vague number LOL.

So if anyone out there could help with approx costs, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

TillyG x

Should be free.
I have done this twice (my passport went through the washing machine ) and it was free both times.
Just turned up at DIAC office with both old and new passports and done in just a couple of minutes.
Also remember you don't HAVE to have the label transferred (although it makes life much easier!) and can, instead, travel with both old and new passports if you prefer.

Also - you don't need to complete form 929 because your application has already been processed and your visa already granted - you can just turn up to a DIAC office instead.

Last edited by mvt550; Sep 17th 2008 at 10:43 am.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mvt550
Should be free.
I have done this twice (my passport went through the washing machine ) and it was free both times.
Just turned up at DIAC office with both old and new passports and done in just a couple of minutes.
Also remember you don't HAVE to have the label transferred (although it makes life much easier!) and can, instead, travel with both old and new passports if you prefer.

Also - you don't need to complete form 929 because your application has already been processed and your visa already granted - you can just turn up to a DIAC office instead.
Thanks

I was confused re form 929 as it says "you must advise the dept of any changes to your passport details before and after a visa is granted to you - includes details of any new passport... that has expired" etc etc. So I'm still a bit "dunno" about that.

Great that it's free to put the label in again though - I think it was my (pretty sh*te) immigration lawyer who told me it would be $60, thinking about it
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes interesting - I've just seen that on the 929 form.
Basically, they want your up to date passport details. If you go in person to a DIAC office to get a new label placed into your new passport, they update your passport details on their computer system then and there so it seems there is no need for any form. I last did this in June of this year and never completed a form 929.
It won't hurt to take it with you anyway and it's easy enough to fill in so why not I suppose!!

Originally Posted by TillyG
Thanks

I was confused re form 929 as it says "you must advise the dept of any changes to your passport details before and after a visa is granted to you - includes details of any new passport... that has expired" etc etc. So I'm still a bit "dunno" about that.

Great that it's free to put the label in again though - I think it was my (pretty sh*te) immigration lawyer who told me it would be $60, thinking about it
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks again I'll fill it in and take it just on the off chance.

At least I know where the DIAC office in Sydney CBD is now... seeing as I had to have a detour to it on 3 July to get my PR visa put in... I was on my way to the airport to go back to the UK when I found out my 457 was cancelled & I needed the PR "stamp" LOL.