Renewal RRV, missing residency requirement

Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:48 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Renewal RRV, missing residency requirement

Hi guys, been a long time since I posted, much has happened since we started this process in 2005. We have ping ponged to and from Australia 3 times for various reasons. Love, love, love the lifestyle, but hey, life happens sometimes :-). So at the moment our RVV has expired and we do not meet the requirement of having lived in Australia two out of five, in the past 5 Years. Has anybody gone through the process of getting a RRV without meeting that requirement. Last time we left Australia was end 2016. Our permanent visa has not been cancelled btw. Our son will finish High School mid 2020 and is thinking about going to Uni in Brisbane. As he has spent his formative years in Australia, that is his future he says, and I can totally get where he is coming from. We are financially sound, can support our application with stat decs from employers, friends, work colleagues, teachers, from the time we have lived there. Any tips, ideas, any help would be very much appreciated to further our chances on getting a RRV. PS to anybody who remembers me, hi, nice ‘seeing you again’. Cheers Miranda
Old Feb 5th 2019, 11:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal RRV, missing residency requirement

What ties do you have to Australia? Property, employment, family, etc..
Old Feb 5th 2019, 1:23 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replu. Nothing current, so no employment, offer of employment etc. I know there was an option for a year or three month valid RRV, but as the rules change regularly and so does the website for Visa regulations, I can’t seem to find it. We do have some valid reasons (family related) as to why we had to leave Australia before we had two years on the clock, so to speak. Was hoping there was someone with the same experience on here. Will try obgaining an RRV next uear regardless, as better to try, than give up straight away. But was hoping for some insight from the lovely people over here, to better our options.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 2:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Thanks for your replu. Nothing current, so no employment, offer of employment etc. I know there was an option for a year or three month valid RRV, but as the rules change regularly and so does the website for Visa regulations, I can’t seem to find it. We do have some valid reasons (family related) as to why we had to leave Australia before we had two years on the clock, so to speak. Was hoping there was someone with the same experience on here. Will try obgaining an RRV next uear regardless, as better to try, than give up straight away. But was hoping for some insight from the lovely people over here, to better our options.
To be honest, the best insight you'll get is from BritinParis who knows just about all the rules and can tell you what is the most likely outcome. No one can say for sure what the result will be though.
Be warned that RRV applications at present are taking severl months to come through if you do not meet the residency requirements.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:02 pm
tum
destination Cairns

Smile Re: Renewal RRV, missing residency requirement

Thank you Pollyana.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to prove current ties to Australia of benefit to Australia in order to get a 1 year RRV.

The reasons for you leaving do not have any bearing on this until you have been outside Australia for 5 years. Once one of you can get an RRV then the others in the family unit should also get one.

Do do you have any links still with Australia, money in an Australian account? Close relatives?

here is the link https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...57#Eligibility

Of you can get a job offer or your son a uni offer that would help down the line.

Last edited by rammygirl; Feb 5th 2019 at 9:44 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2019, 1:24 pm
tum
destination Cairns

Thumbs up Re: Renewal RRV, missing residency requirement

Thanks Rammygirl for the link. I have looked into the substantial ties part en there are a lot of things I can actually provide to substantiate our request. i don’t have any close relatives, my dad’s aunt and cousin with whom I have been in contact since 1986. When I left my last job in Australia the manager said that - when/if we would come back- she would put me in the work pool without having to apply. Which is lovely. So will definitely ask he if she would be willing confirm that in writing. Very good to hear there is a 5 year period before you need to provide evidence for the reason for leaving. Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2020, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Supernova1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want to ask a question related to the residency requirement.

If a person has a registered business in Australia but did not live for 2 years as a permanent resident, can he/she still apply for RRV?
Old Jan 16th 2020, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supernova1982
I just want to ask a question related to the residency requirement.

If a person has a registered business in Australia but did not live for 2 years as a permanent resident, can he/she still apply for RRV?
As long as you are, or were, a permanent resident you can apply. If you do not meet the 2 year residency requirement, you will need to demonstrate substantial ties to Australia, which are of benefit to Australia. If you hold a business visa there may be additional issues.