remaining relative visa advice

Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

sue48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default remaining relative visa advice

Advice please, we are in the process of applying for last remaining relative visa for my only daughter and grandson. My husband is not her biological father and I don't know who that is. On her birth certificate it states father unknown. She changed her name from my maiden name to my husbands name by deed poll about 16 years ago. She has just had her medicals. Is that a good sign?
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: remaining relative visa advice

Is it a good sign? Hard to say. I'd recommend some professional advice, see George Lombard in Sydney (search forum for contact details).
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, just bumping this back up to see if ANYONE has any knowledge of this type of visa
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue48
Sorry, just bumping this back up to see if ANYONE has any knowledge of this type of visa
It may not be what you want to hear, but you are unlikely to get any definitive advice on a free forum, especially for an unusual/complex visa.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

OK thanks JAJ, Iwas just hoping.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Pollyanna, I have already sent a mail to George and awaiting his reply. If my daughter is refused a visa because my husband is not the biological father, I will probably need an agent for advice on how to prove I don't know who the father was.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

I have sent you a PM x
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

We are still very hopeful my daughter will be accepted. I was asked to go to centrelink for an interview to determine my eligibility to be her assurer. There was no problem as I met all the requirements and I now have to lodge the bond of $5000 in a term deposit account with the Commonwealth bank. I am hoping this is a good sign for us. Keep fingers crossed.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sue48
We are still very hopeful my daughter will be accepted. I was asked to go to centrelink for an interview to determine my eligibility to be her assurer. There was no problem as I met all the requirements and I now have to lodge the bond of $5000 in a term deposit account with the Commonwealth bank. I am hoping this is a good sign for us. Keep fingers crossed.
I have paid the bond and taken the paperwork to centrelink, has anyone been refused a visa after the bond has been paid. We are trying to remain very hopeful as things seem to have gone too well to date and we are waiting for a crash