Registered Nurses.

Old Mar 15th 2001, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Are there any U.K, Registered nurses out there who have applied for a Skilled P.R visa, or who have recently received a visa?

What was the application process like for you, time taken, any difficulties etc etc etc.

Any replies of info appreciated.

Ta,

Chris.
Old Mar 16th 2001, 8:42 pm
smithsrhere

Hi Chris, I am a Reistered Nurse about to apply for skills assessment. We have only
just begun the process and it has already proved a big headache. firstly you need to
write to the UKCC dont forget to send a cheque for £20! They will send verification
of your current registration and a transcript of your nurse education to the
Australian Nursing Council, so you need to tell them when and where you trained. Next
you need to obtain employment refernces, one professional refernce not more than 1
year old and employment status refernces from all your previous nursing employers.
This I have found really time consuming, it is only a brief statement of your dates
of employment and the capacity in which you were employed, but I am still waiting
after nearly 4 weeks for one of them. You have to get copies of all your
certificates, you dont send originals. If you are a member of the RCN they do a
really good information pack for nurses wishing to work abroad. Next you need a
Notary or Justice of the peace to certify your documents, the Notary's can be found
in the yellow pages, expect to pay around £40 for this. good luck Andrea

Old Mar 16th 2001, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrea,

Hi, thanks for your reply, maybe I need to clarify, I think I caused some confusion, my wife is the nurse and we have already submitted our PR application, you seem to be going the right way about things, if we can be of any help to you in the early stages please feel free to contact us, either through this site or via e-mail which is [email protected] , thanks again for replying.

Chris.