Registered Agent banned etc, part 2

Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Registered Agent banned etc, part 2

Originally Posted by hereshoping
I do wonder why Liana doesn't have anything better to do.
Me too, surely she should be concentrating on her clients cases rather than what is on here.

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Really can't see DIAC getting very involved here, they have 12,000 visa applications a day (according to phone message) so I kinda think they have other things to do.
I've been using this forum since about Feb this year and I've never seen anyone overstepping the mark with advice, as thats all it is - advice - and if you need to have clarification then a registered agent and the DIAC website should cover that.

Sam
Agree 100%

Originally Posted by spartacus
She did herself, and also by association, the organisation which she worked for no favours whatsoever.
Couldnt agree more
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS here
There is no debate. It's quite clear. Break the BE rules and you are sanctioned. Troll and you are banned. Use multiple IPs to keep trolling the site and you really get banned.
The debate is about unregistered behaviour and means of communicating that, not the adherence to forum rules BEVS. BE have a right to ensure their rules of participation are adhered to. No debate there.

Que? The word is 'assistance' not 'advice'.

This is scaremongering & obliquely threatening. That's not an attractive trait in any agent.
I'm not one
Quote here the exact part of legislation where it says that we may not exchange posts of a hopefully helpful nature with each other. Note that I write ' helpful' not ' assist' or 'advice'. Please factor into this, our right to freedom of speech.
BEVS I don't have any problem with people explaining their own circumstances, and many of them I admire for persistence, ambition and effort. All good characteristics of a good pioneer.

Forums are useful and I'm not against them. I've been using bulleting boards for chat before web based forums took off, from when internet access was $10 hour and my first monthly bill was over $1000..... I like them, the way they ebb and flow and reflect personalities, both real and assumed.

The issue becomes real when people tell, nay almost insist, that others follow their advice/assistance/guidance.

You asked for a quote, so here goes (at the risk of being tarred and feathered, I am putting this up for debate, not to restrict opinion).

From MARA website:

"What is a Migration Agent?
A migration agent is anyone who uses knowledge of migration procedures to offer advice or assistance to a person wishing to obtain a visa to enter or remain in Australia."
"An 'agent' includes lawyers and people who work for voluntary organisations and provide their advice free of charge."
"If you discover that a person in Australia has given you immigration assistance and they are unregistered, you should immediately contact the Department of Immigration."
"People who practice in Australia as unregistered migration agents may be subject to penalties, ranging from fines of up to $5,500 to imprisonment for up to 10 years."

I'm not a lawyer, but I would think a test case could be made to the point where it would be able to go to court to be decided, and not thrown out beforehand.

Who would actually face the charges is the grey area.
The 'agent' was banned for breaking this sites rules on several levels. Rules 9, 14 and 15 spring to mind.
Your playground, your ball, your referee and your rules. So OK.

[QUOTE]At least people that offer their help and support for free have no underlying agenda. [QUOTE] Some might. Anti-agent if they feel ripped off. Anti-establishment if they hate Government created systems. Anti-capitalists if they hate businesses.... but I do agree many are genuine in their help, it's just your sweeping statement I disagree with.

A wise person once said "no generalisations are true, not even this one". :-)

I will include in this , those agents that offer their free time to help in many kind & caring ways, through the very nature of their posts.
With the number of direct requests of them and testimonials given free, I think you would agree the forum would be worse off without them?

You can try and stir DIAC up.
Not trying to. No intention of writing to them.

The worlds migration is far greater than you agents,
I'm not one
this site or any other information library or swap shop.
I think the IMO statistics are 20 million people move country each year.

You may also wish to remember that some government policies rely on a certain amount of migration movement & they will not mind too much how those migrants arrive , DIY or otherwise, as long as it is above board when it comes to their skills , the immigration criteria and settling.
I have to disagree there BEVS. Boat people/queue jumpers are not encouraged no matter their skills or ability to settle. Government pays close attention to HOW they get here. It's part of border protection I think. And Government policy here is swinging more towards focus on settlement abilities, the challenge is how to identify and formulate policy that attracts skilled and good settlers (hardest job in the world in my opinion)

You could've fooled me with the title of this thread mate
Suggest another please!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith
I don't think so.
?

I've met Liana at MIA functions in Sydney,
Surprise Friend?

and she's not a small minded person,

just extremely passionate unregistered agent operations in Australia,
Umm. Pardon? You mean agent standards? Or her agent Standards? That doesn't condone the breaking and ignoring of BE rules or using phrasing that would cause un-necessary alarm or upset
Passionate should not be used in lieu of 'tunnel vision' . Tunnel vision is not an excuse for the aggressive ,alarmist behaviour and the trolling that has been experienced here.

and as she has family and business to protect, probably rightly so. ]
Well yes Jamie. Given what has been seen from your friend here, I can quite understand that. Doesn't do well for the industry & 'the codes of conduct' as a whole, does it?

How she expresses her opinion is what might be debated,
No ! Why? It is simple. Follow BE rules and there you go. Sweet as....

the "why" is reasonable.
Well it may have been, if it had not been blown out of the water by her complete and utter mad and unreasonable behaviour. That is totally of her own doing too. Talk about shoot yourself in the foot or feet in her case. Does she have 4 perchance?

There is a real need for agents to be regulated. Otherwise it will be money, for worse , than old rope as has been seen in the past. There is also the need to watch for those that facilitate unscrupulous entry into a country . No-one will argue with that.

As it stands with this banned BE member. Large. Hole . Dig. Please place in any order.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 19th 2007 at 12:59 pm. Reason: un quote
Old Dec 19th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Conspiracy to encourage others to break the law might be the charge. And I'm not sure of that is even possible.
Nobody is encouraging anybody else to break the law.

It's a messy issue, Paul and not one easily resolved. Not sure if I'd want to be the test case ....
There is no case. Just somebody who broke the forum rules, was banned, now holds a grudge and has resorted to harassing the moderators and members of the site.

As the Bloke said in this post It is Liana that should be worried about action being taken against her.

Thread closed.