Wikiposts

Regional Sponsorship Questions

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Obedoh9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regional Sponsorship Questions

I have just had my qualifications apporved through Vetasses and have sat the IELTS test to get the extra language points. That came through ok with scores of 9 in each category and the next step is apply for regional sponsorship to SA, which is where my questions come in

1. How long will the regional sponsorship take?

2, What info do I need to back it up as the app form is very basic?

3. With the new rules from DIMA and the loss of the points for capital investment, am I right in understanding that the pass mark has dropped to 100 as a result?

(Previously I could get 95 points with the bonus points for capital, then the new language points potentially gave me another 5 to take me to a hundred. I could then get the extra 10 from regional sponsorship which took me over the threshold of 110.)
As far as I can see now the 5 points are not available for capital but the pass & pool mark is now 100, so I will still qualify.

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

Regards
Duncan
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional Sponsorship Questions

Originally Posted by Obedoh9
I have just had my qualifications apporved through Vetasses and have sat the IELTS test to get the extra language points. That came through ok with scores of 9 in each category and the next step is apply for regional sponsorship to SA, which is where my questions come in

3. With the new rules from DIMA and the loss of the points for capital investment, am I right in understanding that the pass mark has dropped to 100 as a result?

(Previously I could get 95 points with the bonus points for capital, then the new language points potentially gave me another 5 to take me to a hundred. I could then get the extra 10 from regional sponsorship which took me over the threshold of 110.)
As far as I can see now the 5 points are not available for capital but the pass & pool mark is now 100, so I will still qualify.

"Regional sponsorship" could mean one of a number of visas. Can you be more specific?
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Tarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant future

Regards
Duncan
Hi Duncan

Have got our sponsership from SA so here are some answers

1) Our took 6 weeks from submission to recieving sponsership
2) Need certified copies of standard info e.g. passport, Vetasses, etc
Also their is a question about what you have done to find a job. We included our CV's and print outs of jobs we had found on-line that matched our skills etc, to prove that opportunities for us were there.
3) Not up on the new changes so no help here I'm afraid

Advice is just do lots of research into the area. Climate, culture, house prices etc, make them believe that you really want to come there, know what you are letting yourself in for, and that you can look after yourself when you get there.

GOOD LUCK

Tarnee22
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tarnee22
Hi Duncan

Have got our sponsership from SA so here are some answers

1) Our took 6 weeks from submission to recieving sponsership
2) Need certified copies of standard info e.g. passport, Vetasses, etc
Also their is a question about what you have done to find a job. We included our CV's and print outs of jobs we had found on-line that matched our skills etc, to prove that opportunities for us were there.
3) Not up on the new changes so no help here I'm afraid

Advice is just do lots of research into the area. Climate, culture, house prices etc, make them believe that you really want to come there, know what you are letting yourself in for, and that you can look after yourself when you get there.

GOOD LUCK

Tarnee22
Brill thanks!

We've started pulling the "evidence" bit together so its good to know the sort of thing that you need.
Which suburbs have you looked at? I've picked up bits in the past but it would be good to know where to start looking.
Obedoh
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
"Regional sponsorship" could mean one of a number of visas. Can you be more specific?
Sorry! We're looking at a 495 visa.
Duncan
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

As far as I am aware, you can't actually apply for the SA sponsorship till September - it seems to have shut whist they process the remaining ones before the changes.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nicePavel Grigoriev is just really nice

Regards
Duncan
Hello Duncan,

We have just applied for the SIR visa, so I have fresh data

Our sponsorship took us less that 2 weeks. We did a job research there. I sent my CV to many companies, and prepared so called 'job search diary'. I pointed that I looked for a job in the SA. The diary covers one week period.
Note: A job offer is not needed, but if you have it is an opportunity to get the job quickly.

2. What info do I need to back it up as the app form is very basic?
At first: They don't accept any sponsorship applications till September, 1st.
Good point: you can apply online. It takes less time and more convenient.
http://www.dimia.gov.au/skilled/gene.../495/index.htm
*Exception: If you are claiming points for spouse skills, you will not be able to apply online for these visas.(c) official site of DIAC

I don't remember it now, but know that they will remove 10 points which can be claimed for the state sponsorship.

Kind regards,
Pavel
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant futureTarnee22 has a brilliant future

Brill thanks!

We've started pulling the "evidence" bit together so its good to know the sort of thing that you need.
Which suburbs have you looked at? I've picked up bits in the past but it would be good to know where to start looking.
Obedoh
Ho Obedoh

We're looking in the Adelaide Hills area (close to the wine regions) as that is the OH's background.
If you need any help with the application don't hesitate to PM me, I remember the trauma of doing it. I think that because it is so subjective, and not a list of facts and figures, that it is the most worrying part as you are not sure that the SA guys will like what you are writing.

Take care and Good Luck

Tarnee22