Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Regional sponsorship 494 visa advice needed?

Regional sponsorship 494 visa advice needed?

Old Feb 4th 2020, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

clarky1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regional sponsorship 494 visa advice needed?

Hi everyone,

I’m looking in to a regional employer sponsored visa subclass 494. I’m interesting in moving from the UK, I am a Carpet, Vinyl & LVT flooring fitter by trade.

I have lived in Australia 2010-2012 on 2 working holiday visas. Want to get the ball rolling but really need advice on the first steps to take??
Old Feb 4th 2020, 9:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional sponsorship 494 visa advice needed?

Originally Posted by clarky1989
Hi everyone,

I’m looking in to a regional employer sponsored visa subclass 494. I’m interesting in moving from the UK, I am a Carpet, Vinyl & LVT flooring fitter by trade.

I have lived in Australia 2010-2012 on 2 working holiday visas. Want to get the ball rolling but really need advice on the first steps to take??
The first step is to have an employer who is not only willing to sponsor you but is also an approved sponsor. Do you have one of those?
Old Feb 4th 2020, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The first step is to have an employer who is not only willing to sponsor you but is also an approved sponsor. Do you have one of those?
I have a company who is interested however I’m not sure if they’re an approved sponsor, is that something they’ll need to apply for?
Old Feb 4th 2020, 9:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I have a company who is interested however I’m not sure if they’re an approved sponsor, is that something they’ll need to apply for?
Yes. The company has to show that they were not able to find a suitable employee and apply to be an eligible sponsor.
Old Feb 4th 2020, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes. The company has to show that they were not able to find a suitable employee and apply to be an eligible sponsor.
It’s so hard as I don’t want them to be put off by having to do too much for me in order to just get me there. Fingers crossed they won’t mind 👍
Old Feb 4th 2020, 9:43 pm
Still alive

It’s so hard as I don’t want them to be put off by having to do too much for me in order to just get me there. Fingers crossed they won’t mind 👍
It's not a matter of them doing too much. It's a requirement for them if they want to sponsor you. It's not a simple form filling exercise, but the company has to show that they meet the criteria to be sponsors. A MARA registered agent for them would be a good idea.